what I HATE about women (generic, music related)

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    the dole/kemp sticker on that car wtf:

i think its a parody sticker that says "Role Hemp"

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    the dole/kemp sticker on that car wtf:

i think its a parody sticker that says "Role Hemp"
    I don't remember that one! They got zinged

• I love my girl for her, not her musical taste.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Someones taste in music/art/movies/food IS who they are.

Dudes who say they ignore that shit is on some bullshit.

"I LOVE MY GIRL - SHE EATS CATFOOD,WEARS PLASTIC BAGS, AND LISTENENS TO HANSON AT 78 RPM..."

is this a joke?

is this a joke?

NO

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Way to take this thread too seriously.

This is basic trolling people. Stay alert.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

"I LOVE MY GIRL - SHE EATS CATFOOD,WEARS PLASTIC BAGS, AND LISTENENS TO HANSON AT 78 RPM..."

Hanson sounds better at 78 RPM under the influence of catfood and in the shelter of a plastic bag.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Hanson sounds better at 78 RPM under the influence of catfood and in the shelter of a plastic bag.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    You shouldn't be looking at her CD rack anyways.

You should be high fiving yourself in the mirror while your hitting that poon-tang. This is something every man should know. But I see you have some growing to do.

• "I LOVE MY GIRL - SHE EATS CATFOOD,WEARS PLASTIC BAGS, AND LISTENENS TO HANSON AT 78 RPM..."

anyone ever seen those "I fucked the little girl in Hanson" t-shirts?

• my girl has "Safe as Milk" on vinyl...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    You shouldn't be looking at her CD rack anyways.

You should be high fiving yourself in the mirror while your hitting that poon-tang. This is something every man should know. But I see you have some growing to do.
    Amen, [themack]Who cares what's playing as long as you're getting that pucini[themack]

I love my girl for her, not her taste in music,literature,art,movies,theatre,fashion,people,cars,animals........

• Someones taste in music/art/movies/food IS who they are.

I guess I'm cheating. My girl has great taste in music, IMHO. and politics, domestic view, etc, etc. Her CD collection, however, is not on the top of my list.

Don't be jealous.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    My wife is more into books than music. Which is fine by me. We wouldn't have space for her music collection.

• I once got a lift off a girl who, IN HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust[/b]" in the car...
    ..and the air was never thicker with backseat romance.

dude i would kill for that era Accord.

That was my first car ever.

It was green with matching dingleballs.

• well, if you were a girl, you would clearly need someone to show you the way and shape your mind and your taste.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Girls > Music.

every time.

• Girls > Music.

every time.

yes, please delete this thread

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    still caring about your girl's taste in music is so 15-year-old. dude, we all wanted our girlfriends to like the raers, some of us ended up with girls like that, some of us didnt, but most of us ended up happy because we found out what really mattered.

if loving your type of music is #1 one on your list, then you might as well date a mirror dude.

This dude is probably a good 10 years younger than you and putting it down FOR REAL. Take notes Schmendrick.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I once got a lift off a girl who, IN HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust[/b]" in the car...

Really? I mean, of all the cars... Really?? I don't even have a car, and I would rather not have a car than own that. Granted, I live in a city where having a car is a luxury, and an unnecessary one at that.

But still dude???just knowing I own that would probably kill my sex life somehow.

• although the whole "you love a person for them, not their tastes" is true, and having a significant other with superb/likeminded taste as yours is icing on the cake...but some are downplaying the "taste" thing a wee little bit...you have to admit, if your girl was blasting Wilson Philips or Timberterd all the time in the car or the house, it would cause some tension and put a strain on the relationship, would it not?..if you say "no it wouldnt" you are fibbin'...

I once got a lift off a girl who, IN HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust[/b]" in the car...

Really? I mean, of all the cars... Really?? I don't even have a car, and I would rather not have a car than own that. Granted, I live in a city where having a car is a luxury, and an unnecessary one at that.

But still dude???just knowing I own that would probably kill my sex life somehow.

yes, really. my girlfriend would probably be jealous, too...

• I once got a lift off a girl who, IN HER OWN ACCORD, had a tape of Herbie's "Thrust[/b]" in the car...

yes!! i'm looking for the 5-door version of that car. standard. they are so awesome.

• although the whole "you love a person for them, not their tastes" is true, and having a significant other with superb/likeminded taste as yours is icing on the cake...but some are downplaying the "taste" thing a wee little bit...you have to admit, if your girl was blasting Wilson Philips or Timberterd all the time in the car or the house, it would cause some tension and put a strain on the relationship, would it not?..if you say "no it wouldnt" you are fibbin'...

Agreed. I've always found that a similar taste in music/films/art/etc really helps the friendship/companionship side of a relationship. I mean, you end up spending a whole lot of time with that person. Isn't part of that time spent going to see movies, musicians, DJs, etc? My girlfriend and I spend a lot of our time together. Because our tastes/lifestyles match up so well, it isn't at all strange to have her along when I'm hanging with my "music" friends ... indeed, many of those people were her close friends before we started dating.

I'd never want to be in a situation where hanging out with my lady felt like a chore. The few "serious" girlfriends I've had in the past decade have all been essentially best friends of mine (and remain friends of mine to this day). And my current girlfriend is no different. I look forward to our time together because it's always FUN ... and that is largely because we enjoy a lot of the same things in life, share a perverted sense of humor, etc.

Huh. What's the appeal? I'm tempted to quote James Murphy on this one, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

Huh. What's the appeal? I'm tempted to quote James Murphy on this one, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

how old are you? im not trying to diss or anything but i could see somebody who saw these as everyday cars all over the place in their prime couldnt really see the appeal of them. they are just good-looking cars in my opinion, and i like hondas. i have a thing for nearly any attractive foreign car up to the mid-80s though for the most part. i also have a thing for nearly any 2-door fastback.

IMG src=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Honda_Accord_3_door_first_iteration.jpg>

how old are you? im not trying to diss or anything but i could see somebody who saw these as everyday cars all over the place in their prime couldnt really see the appeal of them.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I was going with that: "borrowed nostalgia from the unremembered ???80s." Not that I'm saying you're feigning nostalgia with your choice, but like many people my age, I do not consider the ???80s a golden age of style. I'm 29, and my mom had a shitty little Ford Pinto when I was a kid. It looked like this:

Like popped collars and striped gym socks, I find it repulsive.

i feel you. that pinto is not the most attractive car in the world, but i'd take it any day over, say, MY generation's pinto, the ford tempo:

IMG src=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b4/Tempo,_10-3-07_(18).JPG/799px-Tempo,_10-3-07_(18).JPG>

however, i could see some kids coming up now seeking out a tempo as their "cool car" someday.....yuck.