what I HATE about women (generic, music related)

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    if your girl was blasting Timberterd all the time in the car or the house, it would cause some tension and put a strain on the relationship, would it not?

It would not.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    if your girl was blasting Wilson Philips or Timberterd all the time in the car or the house, it would cause some tension and put a strain on the relationship, would it not?..if you say "no it wouldnt" you are fibbin'...

it would, thats why we keep our differences OUT of the relationship for the most part.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    if your girl was blasting Wilson Philips or Timberterd all the time in the car or the house, it would cause some tension and put a strain on the relationship, would it not?..if you say "no it wouldnt" you are fibbin'...

it would, thats why we keep our differences OUT of the relationship for the most part.

How do u keep your "Differences" OUT for the most part?

• if your girl was blasting Timberterd all the time in the car or the house, it would cause some tension and put a strain on the relationship, would it not?

It would not.

LOL

we dont talk about music, or books or whatever because we already know that we differ on them. we get along in every other way though, so thats the focus.

it doesnt take effort, it comes naturally.

we dont talk about music, or books or whatever because we already know that we differ on them. we get along in every other way though, so thats the focus.

So u dont go to the movies or watch tv together or dine together?

Are u allowed to have a opinion about anything?

who said anything about movies, tv, or food?

of course i have opinions, but just as its stupid to state an opinion as fact on soulstrut, its dumb to fight with somebody over something trivial, especially when you already know where you both stand on it. i dont understand how this doesnt make sense to you.

of course i have opinions, but just as its stupid to state an opinion as fact on soulstrut, its dumb to fight with somebody over something trivial, especially when you already know where you both stand on it. i dont understand how this doesnt make sense to you.

Im not talikn about fighting. But fi u and wifey were about to go to dinner and she chose to wear a Plastic Bag, u wouldnt question her choice in clothes for the night?
    Or u would just chalk it up to something trivial?
    What if u dont know where u stand on a certain subtle issue?
    Poeple evolve and change all the time. Just sayin.

Im not talikn about fighting. But fi u and wifey were about to go to dinner and she chose to wear a Plastic Bag, u wouldnt question her choice in clothes for the night?

all i said was we differ on music and books. i dont even know what youre talking about at this point, but yeah, i hate all those women i see wearing plastic bags out to dinner, lemme tell you.

all i said was we differ on music and books. i dont even know what youre talking about at this point, but yeah, i hate all those women i see wearing plastic bags out to dinner, lemme tell you.

oops, I thought this was a practice that y'all applied throughout the entire relationship.

oops, I thought this was a practice that y'all applied throughout the entire relationship.

haha, its cool. you were losing me there...

haha, its cool. you were losing me there...

I thought your were in the Doug Christie Zone........

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    yes, really. my girlfriend would probably be jealous, too...

Huh. What's the appeal? I'm tempted to quote James Murphy on this one, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

how old are you? im not trying to diss or anything but i could see somebody who saw these as everyday cars all over the place in their prime couldnt really see the appeal of them. they are just good-looking cars in my opinion, and i like hondas. i have a thing for nearly any attractive foreign car up to the mid-80s though for the most part. i also have a thing for nearly any 2-door fastback.

IMG src=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Honda_Accord_3_door_first_iteration.jpg>

I had a sea foam green model of that that I bought for $150 in 1990, which I essentially abandoned at an old girlfriend's house. If you weigh more than 150lbs, these cars are too small for you.

For those who dig 'em, enjoy. I can't imagine these are hard to find, but what do I know?

And back to the "taste is everything" subject, I guess I don't think of myself as having 'supremely good taste' in music, books,etc etc....I simply have MY taste in these things. My wife is supremely uninterested in Godzilla movies, for example, but would never snub my love for them. She loves the Barry Manilow Christmas CD, she knows I hate it....so what. Where all the things overlap is where you find the common ground, and all this stuff(music, movies,books) is so secondary to what actually holds people together anyway.

I hope that your gal's terrible taste in music is the biggest hurdle in your life and relationship, because if it is, you are BLESSED.

Where all the things overlap is where you find the common ground, and all this stuff(music, movies,books) is so secondary to what actually holds people together anyway.

• Where all the things overlap is where you find the common ground, and all this stuff(music, movies,books) is so secondary to what actually holds people together anyway.

Please tell me that isn't a wedding picture. Oh my.

• yes, really. my girlfriend would probably be jealous, too...

Huh. What's the appeal? I'm tempted to quote James Murphy on this one, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

how old are you? im not trying to diss or anything but i could see somebody who saw these as everyday cars all over the place in their prime couldnt really see the appeal of them. they are just good-looking cars in my opinion, and i like hondas. i have a thing for nearly any attractive foreign car up to the mid-80s though for the most part. i also have a thing for nearly any 2-door fastback.

IMG src=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Honda_Accord_3_door_first_iteration.jpg>

I know how ya feel, dood. I won't ever sell my 77 Datsun 280z.... even though my girl hates it.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/tago_mago23/z3.jpg" alt="" />

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/tago_mago23/z2.jpg" alt="" />

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/tago_mago23/z1.jpg" alt="" />

• That car is a keeper. Period. The end.

That car is a keeper. Period. The end.

yep, included one of those in my "CARS" thread before i even saw this post. i would love to have a 280z.

i actually found one in great shape on craigslist for $2500. probably should have got it.

• dude if its your girly your talking about it might be time to educate her.

or get a new one

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Where all the things overlap is where you find the common ground, and all this stuff(music, movies,books) is so secondary to what actually holds people together anyway.

Please tell me that isn't a wedding picture. Oh my.

How much do you want to bet it is, and that the ceremony was said in Klingon, a la that scene from the Simpsons where Comic Book Guy tries to marry Ms. Crabapple at the comicCon or whatever.

• My Beetle

My girlfriend doesn't particularly like my VW and it hasn't been a problem. When we're together I drive her car.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    RANT/// She says she LOVES music
    then you get in the car and she'll put some top40 shit on, or Heart FM where they rotate the same 90 ''non-stop club classics'' 24/7/366. There's only so many times you can listen to Young Hearts Run Free before losing the will to live.

Then you get to her flat, there's a wavy chrome cd rack. No vinyl of course.
    Guaranteed to be in the said rack:

Dirty Dancing, Grease, Bridget Jones' Diary
    A battered John Secada or Terence Trent Darby if she's like 35+
    some piece of junk comp with a title like 'Sisters are Doin' It'
    a Madonna disco joint

You don't LOVE music, you fkkking HATE it
    otherwise you wouldn't dare cop these monstrous turds or house them in some unstable, warped piece of pseudo kitchen dish rack twattery
    ///RANT OVER

you sound terrible
    sorry I don't have time to read the rest of this thread

did you get to see her "other rack" or "twattery" or did you just storm off in a huff cos she doesn't own an orig skull snaps? LULZ 4 DAYZ ????

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    RANT/// She says she LOVES music
    then you get in the car and she'll put some top40 shit on, or Heart FM where they rotate the same 90 ''non-stop club classics'' 24/7/366. There's only so many times you can listen to Young Hearts Run Free before losing the will to live.

Then you get to her flat, there's a wavy chrome cd rack. No vinyl of course.
    Guaranteed to be in the said rack:

Dirty Dancing, Grease, Bridget Jones' Diary
    A battered John Secada or Terence Trent Darby if she's like 35+
    some piece of junk comp with a title like 'Sisters are Doin' It'
    a Madonna disco joint

You don't LOVE music, you fkkking HATE it
    otherwise you wouldn't dare cop these monstrous turds or house them in some unstable, warped piece of pseudo kitchen dish rack twattery
    ///RANT OVER

you sound terrible
    sorry I don't have time to read the rest of this thread

short version:

this thread started out with some dude railing against girls with bad taste in music. the thread ended by looking like a used car ad.

going from square one to square 27 without stopping off in between - thats the soulstrut way!!!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This was a thread from Feb. 2008?! I can't believe I missed this. F*ck paying for admission to a comedy club...I have threads like this for free.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts

That car is a keeper. Period. The end.

Off tangent- My dad bought on of them when they came out, cus he was on some

Wrapped it round a pole within 2 weeks.... dude almost cries everytime he tells me that story (which is at least 3 times a year as dads tend to do....) Reckons it was the best car he ever had....

• also this thread is corny as F*ck
    I disagree..I think this thread is

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    This thread resulted in one pm mildly rebuking me for misogyny
    One pm agreeing with me

A later thread which stated I didn't listen to rap reaped three hostile pms.

"Go figure"

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    soulstrut, you are too cruel sometimes with digging up 01010100 history of yesteryear. i know for a fact this was posted in the heat of the moment after skel got into an epic shouting match about italian funk with his lady who thought it was trite and passe, collectro-wise as it were. skel is a good dude and i know others here know the deal. who has not gotten into a heated argument of italian funk?! yea... i thought so. we all get mad

• Well said!

Glad you got back alright.....

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

A later thread which stated I didn't listen to rap

WTF?!?! GTFOOHWTFUBSATTSTTB.com

b/w