what I HATE about women (generic, music related)

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
RANT/// She says she LOVES musicthen you get in the car and she'll put some top40 shit on, or Heart FM where they rotate the same 90 ''non-stop club classics'' 24/7/366. There's only so many times you can listen to Young Hearts Run Free before losing the will to live.Then you get to her flat, there's a wavy chrome cd rack. No vinyl of course.Guaranteed to be in the said rack:Dirty Dancing, Grease, Bridget Jones' DiaryA battered John Secada or Terence Trent Darby if she's like 35+some piece of junk comp with a title like 'Sisters are Doin' It'a Madonna disco jointYou don't LOVE music, you fkkking HATE itotherwise you wouldn't dare cop these monstrous turds or house them in some unstable, warped piece of pseudo kitchen dish rack twattery///RANT OVER

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Terence Trent D'Arby > Private boner folk

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

the Terence could put her in the mood
    but I reckon with taste like that she can go fkkk herself

I will even pay for the toy she can do it with

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    dude if its your girly your talking about it might be time to educate her.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

the Terence could put her in the mood
    but I reckon with taste like that she can go fkkk herself

I will even pay for the toy she can do it with

please respect ''women'' a little bit more...

you sound like the toy

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    dude if its your girly your talking about it might be time for her to leave you [/b]

If it's not then good luck with your lovelife. You're gonna fuckin need it.

dude if its your girly your talking about it might be time for her to leave you [/b]

If it's not then good luck with your lovelife. You're gonna fuckin need it.

the world would be a sad place if we all agreed with everyone else

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Most women *in my obviously limited experience* lack the collectro gene that makes them seek raers.

And like 99.9% of good consumers, musically they seem content to buy what the media puts under their noses.

But hey, they can make you realise your candle game is real weak, son.

• Pick a random man on the street and you'll probably find a similarly disappointing music collection in his living room.

Your "issue" has little to do with the character of women in general.

There are tons of ladies out there with inspiring musical taste, collections ... and the talent to create incredible new music. I can count several among my closest friends. My own girlfriend, though she isn't a deep vinyl collectro, has a cd based rock collection that leaves mine in the dust in many respects. I regularly borrow Steve Albini related goodies from her.

Women with excellent taste in music are no more rare than men with excellent taste in music.

The "problem" is that, for some reason, they must not be attracted to you.

Can't imagine why ...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    People like what they like. You must deal.

My girl, who I happen to love very much, happens to love Dirty Dancing, Grease, Bridget Jones' Diary, Madonna and Heart FM's "non-stop club classics". She also loves Aretha Franklin, Al Green, Anthony Hamilton, Ali Farka Toure, Aaliyah, and a whole load of other shit from A-Z. I don't generally try to influence her, although I did put her up on Anthony Hamilton. Even though she has regular-girl tastes she's still open-minded and, when I'm playing records at home, will often surprise me with a positive remark about something I'd never have expected her to like, such as the Allman Brothers. She doesn't ever berate me for listening to loud/weird/aggressive music, although she doesn't like Ghost, Fat Joe or MOP. But at least she knows who they are without having to ask, which is good enough for me.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I'm an ass man myself.

• I HATE women

Just say what you mean hus

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    MOP.
    lol, i seem to have the MOP discussion w/ every girl I date after a couple weeks.

when i find the girl who is down with MOP ill know shes the one

also this thread is corny as fuck

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I HATE women

Just say what you mean hus

HAHA! Right? I'ma start a thread called "You know what's cool? Misogyny"

You have to keep in mind, Skel, that as music geeks, we are the exception, not the rule. If you're looking for a woman who can go toe-to-toe with you in a music knowledge pissing contest, you're probably going to be waiting a long time. Plus, once you find her, she's going to dump you anyway because you pissed all over her, while she was just pissing on the floor.

Unless she's into that sort of thing. In which case you should just

• all that music taste bullsh1t goes out the window, when a woman knows how to give good head

all that music taste bullsh1t goes out the window, when a woman knows how to give good head

what you are all missing here is the fact that plenty people say they love music when what they really mean is they want some background noise to keep em' company.
    And that is truly hateful.

Reckon I'm a long way from being a misogynist
    but some of the comments above were displaying some serious knee-jerk high school poet responses.... very disappointing!

My lady ain't leaving me dude!
    We have 5 kids and way too much going on to lose it over something as vitally meaningless as music

Generically speaking of course

xxx

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    we were about due for one of these.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    dude if its your girly your talking about it might be time to educate her.

all that music taste bullsh1t goes out the window, when a woman knows how to give good head

what you are all missing here is the fact that plenty people say they love music when what they really mean is they want some background noise to keep em' company.

but some of the comments above were displaying some serious knee-jerk high school poet responses.... very disappointing!

We have 5 kids and way too much going on to lose it over something as vitally meaningless as music

xxx

Pop Trash is music too dude. It serves its purpose as well.

Wilson Phillips is music.

And.......

What does her taste in music say about her taste in men?

Im not dissin' im just sayin......

Not to turn this into somethin else.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This thread embodies what I HATE about SoulStrut.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

xxx

Well, no - what they mean is they like what they like, which is usually either what they're already familiar with or something fairly close to it. I don't see what's wrong with that. Is there really something "truly hateful" about the idea that music might perform a different function for people compared to what it does for you? Or in other people placing a different degree of importance on music generally? That doesn't mean they hate it. It just means they don't obsess about it, which in many ways is probably a much healthier response. I'm much more suspicious of people who say they don't actually listen to music at all, personally.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    truly hateful

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

deej's claim that he auditions potential girlfriends with a rendition of Ante Up?

• but some of the comments above were displaying some serious knee-jerk high school poet responses.... very disappointing!

And your expectation for all women to have the same passion towards music as you isn't on some high school poet sh*t?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

deej's claim that he auditions potential girlfriends with a rendition of Ante Up?
    as usual i am the only good part of an otherwise lame thread

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    doesn't sound like they're the ones that need educating - get over yourselves.

• Skel embodies what I HATE about SoulStrut.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    That's the perfect opportunity to open their eyes to a magical new world...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

as usual i am the only good part of an otherwise lame thread

I guess extended metaphors are out in the ???08?