pet peeves (5 star thread)

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I have one...when a car cuts you off on the road and then they take their time to drive the speed limit. If you are going to be a dick and pull in front of me, the least you could do is drive fast.

• ok I need some advice..

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people hum to themselves all the time it drives me Frickin' crazy. I've noticed that this cool girl I started seeing does it. . killin me! Dare I say something?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    yo what about when people pass gas and attempt to walk away knowing the smell is going to travel right behind them. Just say hey 'Excuse me" for doing that. I don't want to smell your internal funk. SHIT

• -When adults tell stories and every other sentence begins with...
    "I was like..."

-Improper noun/verb agreement

-Co-workers who leave pubic hair on the urinal (That's just foul!)

-People who talk about money at work

-People who talk about religion at work

-Not being able to get a perfect piece of lasagna out of the pan right after you're
    finished cooking it

• yo what about when people pass gas and attempt to walk away knowing the smell is going to travel right behind them. Just say hey 'Excuse me" for doing that. I don't want to smell your internal funk. SHIT

Haha, "crop dusting." This woman that I worked with was notorious for doing that! Nasty.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yo what about when people pass gas and attempt to walk away knowing the smell is going to travel right behind them. Just say hey 'Excuse me" for doing that. I don't want to smell your internal funk. SHIT

i just did this last night at the club. deal with it bitch.

• Lately, it's been...people driving around Austin not knowing where the fuck they are going, going significantly less than the speed limit, looking all around them at all times like they're at Disneyland, putting on a blinker and then deciding at the last second not to turn, or even worse starting to turn and then part-way into it aborting the turn...just go back to California already, you culture-killing bastards.

What y'all dudes who don't actually live in Austin fail to realize is that this is pretty much completely on-point. Throw your dubs up or whatever, but I fail to see how this is some huge dig on Cali to get worked up over.

• In answer to the OP:

HATERS

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    - people who can't stay on topic. if were talking about plywood, don't get distracted and start talking about cinderblocks. finish the thought before you move on

- high school kids who open the bus window on the coldest day of the year just to holler at their friends...THEN NEVER CLOSE THE WINDOW BACK

- people who stand up on the bus even though there are several empty seats...just sit the fuck down, you make me feel like im waiting for the other shoe to drop or something

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    i make notches on my pens and god help you if i find you holding it.

Please tell me you actually do this!!!!
    There's a guy at work who actually pasted a bank set of pens to his desk complete w/ beaded chain to insure this never happened to him.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Please tell me you actually do this!!!!
    There's a guy at work who actually pasted a bank set of pens to his desk complete w/ beaded chain to insure this never happened to him.

i have mental issues that run deep enough that i have to do this. when the majority of the staff comes back on tuesday ill find the culprit. oh yes... i will get my pen back. though i am currently using my tonys cable car pen with the smiley face rocking a crown and this makes me happy.

shig... im a back of the bus guy. maybe in a few years ill move a few rows but its been a difficult change for me. i try sitting in the front of the bus but its full of chinese with pink plastic bags and old people who always want help getting up out of their seat. the middle of the bus is full of the quiet chinese kids with oversized backpacks and grandparents holding their hands who are too scared to go to the back of the bus (which is understandable)... and on my bus there are no white kids. rather the few white kids that are on the bus think theyre black and carry themselves that way. so be it...

• i make notches on my pens and god help you if i find you holding it.

Haha you sound a little like this guy..

Whatever you do man, don't burn the building down. It ain't wort h it.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Haha you sound a little like this guy..

Whatever you do man, don't burn the building down. It ain't wort h it.

naw i dont burn down buildings but i did get my manager and superviser removed from our department this past week. they tried to test my leadership skills against theirs within this dept...

they lost

• 1. people who say "the thing is, is that..."

2. the worst subway offenders of them all: those who clip their nails on the train. you can hear that Frickin' metallic click shit clear on the other end of the car.

3. people who say "absolutely" instead of "yes."

4. the worst no-turn-signal offenders of them all: those you see approaching from halfway down the street when you're a pedestrian waiting to get across...you wait, thinking they're gonna blow straight through, then they fuck you up by turning before they get to you! when you could've crossed the dang street like 10 seconds sooner! the nerve!

5. people who eat smelly food like broccoli with garlic sauce for lunch in the office!

6. people who routinely cancel plans.

7. people who routinely are significantly late.

8. people i meet like five times and have to re-explain to them who i am every Frickin' time! (i think i've been guilty of this myself, though...sorry!)

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

- high school kids who open the bus window on the coldest day of the year just to holler at their friends...THEN NEVER CLOSE THE WINDOW BACK

- people who stand up on the bus even though there are several empty seats...just sit the fuck down, you make me feel like im waiting for the other shoe to drop or something

I am going to stay on the bus/transport subject:

-People who sit down in the outside seat when the inside seat is vacant, and the rest of the bus is full. MOVE TO THE WINDOW, PLEASE, and let someone sit down.

-Kids on the bus in general, I am frankly amazed when any of them know how to speak in an "inside" voice, or are even relatively well-mannered.

-On the train, when people get on, and stop just inches into the doorway, as if they have somehow bought some magic ticket that guarantees them the choice spot right at the door. MOVE YOUR ASS TO THE CENTER OF THE TRAIN, JERKOFF.

-As Paychex mention, sitting on the floor of any public transpo is simply amazingly gross, and when I see kids doing it(mostly white dudes with dreadlocks, to touch on Phonic's pet peeve) I make sure to look at them with as much contempt as I can muster at 8 am.

• it's not hot when careless parents bang into your heels with strollers.
    peace, stein. . .

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

LOL - I hope we're not on the same route! Most days, the last thing I want to do after sitting at work is get on the bus and park it again.

I say it every time, and someone already mentioned it, but folks who keep their backpacks on in full buses. I changed my route in the mornings - at least I have the choice to - because my old route had all these 10-14 yr olds who never took their freaking backpacks off. I didn't want to become the crazy backpack lady, so I take another bus now. Also, I guess it's that age, but the kids, they smell funny.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    john jabra from 21st century records
    [die already...please?]

people who cut you off and then drive slow

assfuckstix who drive like retards while talking on their cell phone [esp if its an SUV}

dumb becky chix with "pink" or "juicy" printed on their sweats + wearing flip flops in public

that "faux" mohawk haircut that seems so popular-you ain't punk bitch get over it

95% of new hip hop

studios that only have pro tools

nuendo please

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Muhfuggers on public transport who sit with their legs so far apart that the people on either side have sit knock kneed. Mate, your balls just aren't that big so close your fuckin 'legs.

• People who listen to 311

People who play the most random dumb shit on their ipods, bob marley >> thomas dolby >> wang chung >> dave matthews >> sublime >> sublime >> spin doctors..

People who listen to 311

People who ride their bikes around town like they're on the tour de france

People who like 311

• People who ride their bikes around town like they're on the tour de france

Funny shit...doesn't really annoy me at all but this made me laugh

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    My number one pet peeve: People who are so wrapped up in themselves and so out of perspective that they feel the need to complain about trivial things all the time.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    My current pet peeves are almost all subway-related.

In addition to the old standards, I hate it when people (especially big people or those with voluminous clothing/baggage) get on the train and post up right inside the doors when there is room to stand further in or down the aisle. Then when people are coming they straighten up for minute out of "courtesy." If you're not getting off at one of the next two stops, step away from the damn door!

mothra forking cosign.

i could rant for ever about the subway, all comes down to fools who have no idea how to ride a train, or worse think that their $2 subway ride allows them to act like they own the train.

and 90% of the time it relates directly to folks who hog the door spots like standing there will add an extra inch to their dick or something (yes pause). get the fuck out the way son!!!!

On the subway when the doors open and there is tons of space on the train but still there will be people who literally sprint down the platform to another car , and barely make it on before the doors close.. why don't they just go into the car directly in front of them instead of possibly missing the train or tripping like an idiot.. I have never understood this phenomenon.. maybe it is only a Toronto thing?

I think folks have it down to a science where they want to get as close to the escalators/stairs or exits once they get off at their stop. whether you run it on the platform before you get on or at the stop once you get off, you still have to do that distance, so yea, I don't know why the mad rush.

• when someone effortlessly holds the door open and after you walk through they say "your welcome".

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    I think folks have it down to a science where they want to get as close to the escalators/stairs or exits once they get off at their stop. whether you run it on the platform before you get on or at the stop once you get off, you still have to do that distance, so yea, I don't know why the mad rush.

yup! in my case, if I don't get to the 2nd from last train car, then when I get out at my station I am stuck behind a wall of slow-movin' monday-morning zombies. meaning, I lose an extra 1-2 minutes waiting for the flood of people to shamble up the stairs, and my window of arriving to work at a somewhat respectable hour narrows??? every. minute. counts.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

i was in line at the post office the other day and this woman suddenly backs up from the line, says "sorry" and whips out some binaca and sprays the area where her ass just was... thats when the smell of cherries and poo hit my nose and we all stood uncomfortably smelling this womans ass and breath at the same time.

and to add...

people who stand on the escalator...

people who drive subarus.

people that request 5 songs on one visit to the dj booth.

people who wear sunglasses or have those stupid blue tooth phone joints in their ear when they're at a club.

when the grocery store doesn't have good/any kale.

weed prohibition.

"i was like... then he was all.... then i was like.... then he was like... then i was all...."

• when someone effortlessly holds the door open and after you walk through they say "your welcome".

Get a clue, your highness... you're supposed to say effortlessly say "thanks" when someone holds a door open for you.

when someone effortlessly holds the door open and after you walk through they say "your welcome".

you know what takes even less effort? not holding the door at all! or saying two words: Thank You.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    when someone effortlessly holds the door open and after you walk through they say "your welcome".

you know what takes even less effort? not holding the door at all! or saying two words: Thank You.

thank you!!