pet peeves (5 star thread)

12346»

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Slick Mercedes was speeding and got to within INCHES of hitting me. AND by the time I got out of my car and noticed some paint had been scraped off, the dude was gone.

MOTHERFUCKERS THAT SPEED IN THE RAIN. UNACCEPTABLE.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

8. people i meet like five times and have to re-explain to them who i am every Frickin' time! (i think i've been guilty of this myself, though...sorry!)

I met JimBeam for the first time on 3 different occasions. not my fault though. i was drunk every time i met, so of course i never remembered it.
    who are you again?

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    TV commercials at night that are about 5 times louder than the show I was watching.

on the same topic: Having to watch the same 3 commercials EVERY commercial break.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    [rekkid related]people who call aretha franklin a "motown" artist [/rekkid related]

oh shit I almost forgot. Oh how I hate those crawler things that they CONSTANTLY have shuffling and moving along the bottom of the screen during tv shows and movies previewing the show coming on next or next week.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    [rekkid related]people who call aretha franklin a "motown" artist [/rekkid related]

But "Atlantic" artist doesn't have the same ring!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    oh shit I almost forgot. Oh how I hate those crawler things that they CONSTANTLY have shuffling and moving along the bottom of the screen during tv shows and movies previewing the show coming on next or next week.

Oh man, I hate those things! You can't wait till the commercial break to tell me about Chuck on Mondays on NBC? You have to distract me during the actual show? Fuck a network. With this whole free streaming shit from Netflix I'll be watching old Dr. Who episodes instead of these garbage ass network shows.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    TV commercials at night that are about 5 times louder than the show I was watching.

at any time of day!

since it's getting nit-picky now - "eggs benny", "chief", "boss"

• Slick Mercedes was speeding and got to within INCHES of hitting me. AND by the time I got out of my car and noticed some paint had been scraped off, the dude was gone.

Seriously! I dunno if you live in Cali, but over here, when it rains, people drive like Frickin' mental patients. Just hurtling down the streets and freeways at breakneck speed. Just begging for their ride to start hydroplaning all over the place. Now, you figure... by now, Californians would be fantastic drivers, given the overwhelming amount of time they spend behind the wheel on a daily basis. But no... they pretty much suck at it...completely clueless

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    i make notches on my penis and god help you if i find you holding it.

I swear to god, this is how I first read this...

either way, you go show them big guy!

• TV commercials at night that are about 5 times louder than the show I was watching.

at any time of day!

since it's getting nit-picky now - "eggs benny", "chief", "boss"

You ain't kidding... that shit annoys the fuck outta me. Chief? Boss? It just comes off as a thinly veiled way of calling you "Jagoff".

But "Atlantic" artist doesn't have the same ring!

Motown wouldn't sound so bad if it were TRUE!

I have another one:
    opening a magazine (at home or in the store) only to have 50 or so subscription cards fall to the floor.

Slick Mercedes was speeding and got to within INCHES of hitting me. AND by the time I got out of my car and noticed some paint had been scraped off, the dude was gone.

Seriously! I dunno if you live in Cali, but over here, when it rains, people drive like Frickin' mental patients. Just hurtling down the streets and freeways at breakneck speed. Just begging for their ride to start hydroplaning all over the place. Now, you figure... by now, Californians would be fantastic drivers, given the overwhelming amount of time they spend behind the wheel on a daily basis. But no... they pretty much suck at it...completely clueless

What you mean do I live in Cali??! 20 years in LA.

But yes, i totally agree.

I have another one:
    opening a magazine (at home or in the store) only to have 50 or so subscription cards fall to the floor.

haha. This one made me smile. So damn true. The shit is annoying as fuck.

AM RADIO COMMERCIALS.

cockblock