pet peeves (5 star thread)

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    when someone effortlessly holds the door open and after you walk through they say "your welcome".

you know what takes even less effort? not holding the door at all! or saying two words: Thank You.

thank you!!

people that don't say "thank you" are a huge pet peeve for me.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lol - I do think that drippy snarky you're welcome is weak, but still...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    -Boots without straps

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

8. people i meet like five times and have to re-explain to them who i am every Frickin' time! (i think i've been guilty of this myself, though...sorry!)

I can vouch for that! While "sorry, who are you again?" can come off as a bit of a diss, especially third time, I like to think it's a sign that you are a genuine cunt human being.

Oh, and Bassie: CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!

Don't be mad because we have a richer, more variegated vocabulary than you. Taverymuch.

• when someone effortlessly holds the door open and after you walk through they say "your welcome".

Get a clue, your highness... you're supposed to say effortlessly say "thanks" when someone holds a door open for you.

ha. true, and i think 90% of the time i do say thanks, but i work in an office building and people, including myself, are holding doors open all day long. in most cases, i'd say a thank you is just being extra courteous. if not, then we really need to evaluate what a thank you even means anymore.

anyway, because its really just a thanks for doing what your supposed to do, i think the "your welcome" is a little over the top. sounds like something a mike huckabee supporter would say.

Oh, and Bassie: CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!

Don't be mad because we have a richer, more variegated vocabulary than you. Taverymuch.

I'm sorry - did we just share a drink?

• - people who leave the toilet seat up. maybe i piss sitting down... i dont... but fuck dick now i gotta drop that shit (literally and figuratively)

- if you spill something clean that shit up. dont just Frickin' leave it there for the next person. this goes back to bad parenting. maybe you just didnt learn how to do things and need some proper training on how to not be a retard anymore.

- People who are rude to waitstaff on purpose

- People who order about $100 worth of food in front of me in the In N Out drive thru

- People who talk about money at work

- People who talk about religion at work

- the worst subway offenders of them all: those who clip their nails on the train. you can hear that Frickin' metallic click shit clear on the other end of the car.

- People who cut you off and then drive slow

- assfuckstix who drive like retards while talking on their cell phone [esp if its an SUV}

- dumb becky chix with "pink" or "juicy" printed on their sweats + wearing flip flops in public

- that "faux" mohawk haircut that seems so popular-you ain't punk bitch get over it

- 95% of new hip hop

- People who listen to 311

- people who wear sunglasses or have those stupid blue tooth phone joints in their ear when they're at a club.

- weed prohibition.

- "i was like... then he was all.... then i was like.... then he was like... then i was all...."

- In general, people from Orange County. Their false ego/sense of entitlement is insufferable

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    people who stand on the escalator...

not everyone can walk up stairs well and because its moving it makes sense to just wait. if you meant those people who just stand on the escalator and dont move to the right so people can pass them on the left then i agree with you.

8. people i meet like five times and have to re-explain to them who i am every Frickin' time! (i think i've been guilty of this myself, though...sorry!)

I can vouch for that! While "sorry, who are you again?" can come off as a bit of a diss, especially third time, I like to think it's a sign that you are a genuine cunt human being.

i actually just had this huge arguement with my wife because of this.

one of her best friends has this really good friend who has now met me 8 times and always says "nice to meet you" after we shake hands. i let it go cause the wife made me promise never to react to it. however i happened to mention this to her girlfriend this past friday at a restaurant and killed the mood for about 20min. i was, lets say, a little upset over this. i think calling him a hipster faggot took it a little far. oh well... she finally started talking to me again this morning.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    people that file there nails makes my skin crawl.
    also people clipping them anywhere away from a garbage bothers the shit out of me.

heres a new one of mine
    kids wearing all over print hoodies with $100 bills and money signs or anything with "hustler" stenciled on it while they are working at burger king.

and people that cant make change on registers when you throw a curve ball by giving an extra buck and some change to get back a big bill instead of a bunch of bullshit. ITS SIMPLE ARITHMETIC RETARD! they should have these kids cleaning up vomit instead of handling the count.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

people who eat chips

YES! I do not want to listen to your moist-mouthed chewing sounds. For some reason it always feels like my hearing is amplified to superhuman sensitivity and all I can hear is crunching and lip-smacking and tiny little slurping sounds. So nasty.

- people who stand up on the bus even though there are several empty seats...just sit the fuck down, you make me feel like im waiting for the other shoe to drop or something

This is often me if the open seats are between two other people. I'm really not trying to snuggle up with the fat guy and the old lady on my way to the store, thank's!

People who block any public passageway, including doors, hallways, subway cars, escalators, stairways, and sidewalks. This shit is epidemic in Boston, mainly due to the constant influx of tourists and new students. People be walking down the street five abreast like the god damned Outsiders at 2 miles an hour staring up buildings and shit. Yeah, I know it's historic. Want a better look? Pull to the side of the sidewalk and drink it all in, man. But some of us live in this city and aren't out to see the sights. Also, doorways???don't walk through a doorway and immediately stop and look around. Yes, there is another room on the other side. What the fuck did you think was there? And the worst offender? Fat people on the stairs. Yo. You're really fat. Like, so fat that I can't get around you while you huff and puff and take the stairs one at a time at 30 second intervals. See that? That was my train. No, I didn't want to catch that one anyway. Give it up and take the elevator, or I swear one of these days it's gonna be a size ten to the back of the head, and we'll see how fast you get down the stairs then.

[/rant]

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    people that don't say "thank you" are a huge pet peeve for me.

yes, indeed.

-i too hate people who don't use their turn signals.

-it annoys me to no extent when someone uses the word "peeps"

-i hate it when my toothpaste tube is not squeezed from the bottom. gah. it doesn't say best results when squeezed from bottom for nothing!

-anything all-over print. it's ridiculously tacky.

-people armed with 2 ipods and a mixer calling themselves dj's

-i hate it when my toothpaste tube is not squeezed from the bottom. gah. it doesn't say best results when squeezed from bottom for nothing!

don't tet the tube!

(co-sign)

pet peeve of the day: girl at work back from Cuba with her hair in braids. NO.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    People who write emails on their Blackberry while they're taking a shit. I can hear you tapping away while you're doing your business and that's just gross.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

people who stand on the escalator...

Dude, isn't that what an escalator is for? Moving stairs so we don't HAVE to move ourselves?

weed prohibition.

"i was like... then he was all.... then i was like.... then he was like... then i was all...."

When people keep reprinting other people's pet peeves right here in this thread without putting it in a quote box. It's okay if you cosign with somebody else's ideas, but is it THAT hard to frame it with "
    " so we don't get this weird sense of deja vu? (((grin)))

people i meet like five times and have to re-explain to them who i am every Frickin' time! (i think i've been guilty of this myself, though...sorry!)

This is totally understandable if you only see these people every little once in a while. As opposed to on a regular basis.

- people who stand up on the bus even though there are several empty seats...just sit the fuck down, you make me feel like im waiting for the other shoe to drop or something

This is often me if the open seats are between two other people. I'm really not trying to snuggle up with the fat guy and the old lady on my way to the store, thank's!

Well, that's different. I'm talking about if the bus is damn near empty and you can sit anywhere you want without being "between" anybody.

• People who write emails on their Blackberry while they're taking a shit. I can hear you tapping away while you're doing your business and that's just gross.

writing emails is cool, but i hear guys talking on their phones while deucing in public restrooms. does the person on the other end know what's going on? if i use the urinal, should i not flush so the noise doesn't blow up their spot?

People who play the most random dumb shit on their ipods, bob marley >> thomas dolby >> wang chung >> dave matthews >> sublime >> sublime >> spin doctors..

How would you know, and how could it affect you?

Unless it's iPod Night at the local bar?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    People who tell the same joke over and over again.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

writing emails is cool, but i hear guys talking on their phones while deucing in public restrooms. does the person on the other end know what's going on? if i use the urinal, should i not flush so the noise doesn't blow up their spot?

yeah, that's a bad look. Go ahead and blow up the spot, I say. They're in the bathroom, they know what's up. If they don't want noise like that, they shouldn't be handling B.I. in the john. Fuck a urinal, you should try to cut a really loud fart right next to them. If they give you a look, just look back like "What? You're in the bathroom, biatch!"

• people who stand on the escalator...

Dude, isn't that what an escalator is for? Moving stairs so we don't HAVE to move ourselves?

weed prohibition.

"i was like... then he was all.... then i was like.... then he was like... then i was all...."

When people keep reprinting other people's pet peeves right here in this thread without putting it in a quote box. It's okay if you cosign with somebody else's ideas, but is it THAT hard to frame it with "
    " so we don't get this weird sense of deja vu? (((grin)))

Truth be told, I don't know how to quote more than one person's reply in the same post, so I cut & paste...

americans who say "CHEERS!" just fuckin stop it already. you sound stupid. all i did was give you your Frickin' receipt i didnt stick a drink in your hand now did i? no. so shut the fuck up and stay american. let the teabags run with that shit... fucktards

• I say cheers sometimes, so focking SUE me.

My pet peeve is people who whine about others...

I say cheers sometimes, so focking SUE me.

My pet peeve is people who whine about others...

oh i can whine thats true... but cheers? cmon homie... did skateboarding in arcata while high and rockin punk n rap music teach you nothing?!?!

cheers even...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts

I met JimBeam for the first time on 3 different occasions. not my fault though. i was drunk every time i met, so of course i never remembered it.

• americans who say "CHEERS!" just fuckin stop it already. you sound stupid.

yea, not sure how this suddenly became fashionable. i've also had multiple dudes give me the "good sir" recently...as in, "what's up good sir". i'm tempted to start telling people "top of the morning to ya" just to see if it catches on.

i also don't know where "broseph" came from or if its been around forever, but its corny too. sounds like something tony danza would say.

americans who say "CHEERS!" just fuckin stop it already. you sound stupid.

yea, not sure how this suddenly became fashionable. i've also had multiple dudes give me the "good sir" recently...as in, "what's up good sir". i'm tempted to start telling people "top of the morning to ya" just to see if it catches on.

"Top of the morning?"

Maybe it's just my jive sense of humor, but