The Wire Season 5 SPOILER Thread

Comments

• Geek question. On Omar's body bag card it states his DOB as 8/13 (?) 1960. Was he really supposed to be mid-40s? Any special significance to the date?

I ask cuz I googled up the "many are trapped for hours in darkness and confusion" and found it was probably an homage to one of Simon's heroes...

in the newsroom when they decide not to run the story about his death I recall them saying he was 33.

• one thing i am not exactly clear on is how all of McNulty and Lester's (and now the new sqaud's) work will be used to take Marlo down if everything they are doing can't be used in court? I'm not exactly clear on what their end goal is? They aren't running labs on the row houses to stick them with the bodies. It seems like all this work will just get shot down over logistics.

someone school me on what's going on.

• !!!!

• one thing i am not exactly clear on is how all of McNulty and Lester's (and now the new sqaud's) work will be used to take Marlo down if everything they are doing can't be used in court? I'm not exactly clear on what their end goal is? They aren't running labs on the row houses to stick them with the bodies. It seems like all this work will just get shot down over logistics.

I'm not clear on that either. Sidnor tells his squad "not to worry" since none of evidence they are after can be used in court (or something to that effect). The whole plan was poorly thought out.

I'm not clear on that either. Sidnor tells his squad "not to worry" since none of evidence they are after can be used in court (or something to that effect). The whole plan was poorly thought out.

I thought maybe Sidnor told them that just to keep them from filing any paperwork or communicationg with anyone about what they were doing.

I thought maybe Sidnor told them that just to keep them from filing any paperwork or communicationg with anyone about what they were doing.

OK yeah. I still don't see how they expect to build a case against Marlo with all this though.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    one thing i am not exactly clear on is how all of McNulty and Lester's (and now the new sqaud's) work will be used to take Marlo down if everything they are doing can't be used in court? I'm not exactly clear on what their end goal is? They aren't running labs on the row houses to stick them with the bodies. It seems like all this work will just get shot down over logistics.

My guess is that once they understand what's going on, they'll be able to concoct some probable cause to get admissible evidence. Perhaps they'll bring Fuzzy Dunlop out of retirement.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    When they eventually make the bust they intend to attribute their information to a confidential informant.

• Perhaps they'll bring Fuzzy Dunlop out of retirement.

haha remember that the stolen camera was mentioned in Levy's office this season. hilarious.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    one thing i am not exactly clear on is how all of McNulty and Lester's (and now the new sqaud's) work will be used to take Marlo down if everything they are doing can't be used in court? I'm not exactly clear on what their end goal is? They aren't running labs on the row houses to stick them with the bodies. It seems like all this work will just get shot down over logistics.

F--- an arrest, they're going to do it "King of New York" style.

• It's going to be interesting how these next two episodes play out. I guess the 90 minute finale can wrap some loose ends, but only two episodes and lots of things are still open ended. I'm guessing it will sort of be like the Sopranos in a life goes on/you figure it out for yourself kind of way.

Where's the bearded Bunny?

Dookie is one of my favorites. He's just a kid and wants to be a kid. That scene with him and Poot was pretty cool and I also got a kick out of the smile on his face when he started rolling with the junk man. He didn't even get paid (dude said he'd pay him tomorrow) but he was just happy to finally have found a place for himself.

• yeah, long live the return of Poot

what the hell is going on with your avatar?

• yeah, long live the return of Poot

what the hell is going on with your avatar?

it's a soul strut recipe.

1 part Soul Strut
    Many parts salty
    simmer for a few seconds
    the hatt overfloweth

• I had much higher hopes for this, but it turned out pretty bad. Oh well.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    so anyone got any thoughts on what the ed simons voltron monster will do after the wire? go on a talk show tour then join scientology? write a really salty tv series about making a tv series and how the bastard tv execs make you do a shorter season on the last one when you're trying to get your higher message across? Disappear for a while only to show up in the paparazzi arguing with the bouncers of some glamour nightclub screaming "don't you know who i/we am/are?" before collapsing on the footpath?

yeah ok I probably haven't had enough sleep.

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    so anyone got any thoughts on what the ed simons voltron monster will do after the wire? go on a talk show tour then join scientology? write a really salty tv series about making a tv series and how the bastard tv execs make you do a shorter season on the last one when you're trying to get your higher message across? Disappear for a while only to show up in the paparazzi arguing with the bouncers of some glamour nightclub screaming "don't you know who i/we am/are?" before collapsing on the footpath?

yeah ok I probably haven't had enough sleep.

Isn't he doing a miniseries for HBO on the "real lives" of Marines in Iraq? Preview looked pretty hardcore.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

• I had much higher hopes for this, but it turned out pretty bad. Oh well.

ummmmm
    okay. im sweating the avatar concept

but what the fuck is happening to dook

you are definitely moving three conceptual steps ahead of me

• okay. im sweating the avatar concept

?

• but what the fuck is happening to dook

Not that deep. It's Duquan going from season 4 into 5, he grew about 16 feet.

• oh.
    phew. i thought it was a spolier and you were saying he was about to go to heaven

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts

Not that deep. It's Duquan going from season 4 into 5, he grew about 16 feet.

Apparently his shoes get six sizes larger too. But just vertically

• Apparently his shoes get six sizes larger too. But just vertically

dawg, tall people get what they call "swoll feet." It comes from breathing at a higher altitude. Also known as "moon boot" or "planet peds" or even more simply "fat feet." Dem shits is a plague. You try finding some vintage jordans in size 12 height 18.

• Apparently his shoes get six sizes larger too. But just vertically

dawg, tall people get what they call "swoll feet." It comes from breathing at a higher altitude. Also known as "moon boot" or "planet peds" or even more simply "fat feet." Dem shits is a plague. You try finding some vintage jordans in size 12 height 18.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• so is the penultimate episode ""Late Editions" on HBO On demand tonight?

• so is the penultimate episode ""Late Editions" on HBO On demand tonight?

Should be.

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    so is the penultimate episode ""Late Editions" on some torrent site tonight?