NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You're joking right Gene?

• You're joking right Gene?

Not really. The Heat are running a lot of youngsters right now but Marion, Ricky D and Blount alone would wreck these NCAA kids.

You're joking right Gene?

Not really. The Heat are running a lot of youngsters right now but Marion, Ricky D and Blount alone would wreck these NCAA kids.

Maybe individually. But I would bet that this year's Jayhawks would beat the Heat, 4 out of 5 times.

• Kansas is soft like tissue. They'd get manhandled every time. If anything, I'd figure you'd put UCLA out there because they have a pro guard and a pro power forward (I totally just stole that from ESPNU this AM).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    GET THAT COLLEGE SHIT OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GET THAT COLLEGE SHIT OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine w/ me. Cats are blaspheming. Pros are pros for a reason, even the shittiest of NBA squads.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This may sound like some sour grapes shit.......

But I would rather have my favorite team be competitive for 3 years but never win it all than to be a Heat fan and have a championship and a team that is unwatchable 2 years later.

Could todays Heat win the NCAA Tourney??

What do YOU think?

I say: easily.

Not with that mess they ran at Dallas the other night...

But with Marion, etc.......no doubt.

• The best college teams *might* have two future NBAers. All those dudes on the Heat made it to the NBA.

Too bad this isn't wrestling. The Heat could storm into an NCAA Tourney site and just start whoopin up on fools.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    GET THAT COLLEGE SHIT OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine w/ me. Cats are blaspheming. Pros are pros for a reason, even the shittiest of NBA squads.

Yeah. I know it's an easy putdown to say that some team couldn't beat a college squad, but let's get real: College teams are not gonna fuck with pro teams. The level of competition is so much higher in the NBA than it is in the NCAA.

Yall are some funny kids. This coincidentally is the first year I've watched any of the big college games. The best college teams have far superior team chemistry and execution than the bottom tier NBA squads.

Anyway, I doubt many of you have watched enough NCAA games to make that call though.

For the record, the same kind of flawed logic gets you in trouble at the world level.

See: U.S. at the '04 Olympics (how you gonna lose with Lebron, Carmelo, Wade...)

Since I don't have a damn thing to do this morning.

Lemme lay it down like this.

Pros are pros for a reason, even the shittiest of NBA squads.

Reasons can vary. Anything from being a high IQ role player to a swingman that can create shots for himself en route to 20 a game.

You gotta remember this is a team game. If a team doesn't have chemistry, they lose.

Half the league is a joke. You got dudes that can jump, maybe score 20ppg, they'll play one year of college, maybe make it to the sweet 16, and they're in the league.

You put together a squad full of NBA rookies, and match them up against the NCAA tourney winner, and I could almost guarantee that the rookies will get an ass whooping.

Too bad this isn't wrestling.

Actually, if it was wrestling or boxing, making it to the pros would mean you are legit. Cuz that shit is an individual sport. You don't need team chemistry to win.

The Heat could storm into an NCAA Tourney site and just start whoopin up on fools.

Delete this before anyone sees it!!!!

Reasons can vary. Anything from being a high IQ role player to a swingman that can create shots for himself en route to 20 a game.

You gotta remember this is a team game. If a team doesn't have chemistry, they lose.

Half the league is a joke. You got dudes that can jump, maybe score 20ppg, they'll play one year of college, maybe make it to the sweet 16, and they're in the league.

You put together a squad full of NBA rookies, and match them up against the NCAA tourney winner, and I could almost guarantee that the rookies will get an ass whooping.

u think the tourney winner always comprises of the most talent?

Fisrt, most of these college cats are locked into a system by their coach.
    They arent allowed to improvise. Their taught to share and shit.

With defenses the way they are in the NBA improvisation is a common last resort.
    Ur man K.O.B.E. HAS to do it w/in the Triangle. Jordan does it. Any good team has a dude who can say fuck it.

Ill take the Rooke All-Star Game Squad against these College dudes ANYDAY.

Where is the rest of that Syracuse Orangemen team that won w/ Melo?

Dont talk to me bout that teamwork shit either.

Fisrt, most of these college cats are locked into a system by their coach.
    They arent allowed to improvise. Their taught to share and shit.

With defenses the way they are in the NBA improvisation is a common last resort.
    Ur man K.O.B.E. HAS to do it w/in the Triangle. Jordan does it. Any good team has a dude who can say fuck it.

Ill take the Rooke All-Star Game Squad against these College dudes ANYDAY.

Where is the rest of that Syracuse Orangemen team that won w/ Melo?

Dont talk to me bout that teamwork shit either.

^^^^^^CLEAR, NBA BIAS!

You don't need super talent at every position. Even if you do, you end up with 3rd place at the Olympics! So what's missing?

You don't need super talent at every position. Even if you do, you end up with 3rd place at the Olympics! So what's missing?

Fuck the Olympics.Do I bring the various Dream Teams into this?

The Rookie Squad Vs The NCAA Finalists........

I feel the comparisons legit. Since it's ALL-TALENT vs WELL-COACHED TEAM.

Rookie team is usually a joke. And I say that from a purist's point of view.

Kevin Durant/Carmelo Anthony/Ricky Davis + two other NBAers

against say, Jason Williams/Mike Dunleavy/Chris Duhon Blue Devils. Or the back-to-back Gators.

Those teams were not Frickin' around.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Could somebody please take this graemlin:

and change it from a cat to Dikembe?

By the way Batmon, this ain't an NBA vs College ball who's better argument, which you want to make it. I want to go back to this monstrosity.

Rock wrote:

GeneP wrote:

This is the same close-minded cheerleading that might have backpack rap kidz talking about "Jay-Z? Ludacris? Those guys are commercial. That shit ain't real. They don't have talent!"

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This coincidentally is the first year I've watched any of the big college games. The best college teams have far superior team chemistry and execution than the bottom tier NBA squads.

Anyway, I doubt many of you have watched enough NCAA games to make that call though.

How can YOU make that call, saying this is the first year you've watched any of the big college games...when the biggest college games of the year have yet to happen?

I'm pretty sure that also means other folks in this thread probably have more NCAA knowledge and perspective than you do.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Could somebody please take this graemlin:

and change it from a cat to Dikembe?

This coincidentally is the first year I've watched any of the big college games. The best college teams have far superior team chemistry and execution than the bottom tier NBA squads.

How can YOU make that call, saying this is the first year you've watched any of the big college games...when the biggest college games of the year have yet to happen?

I'm pretty sure that also means other folks in this thread probably have more NCAA knowledge and perspective than you do.

In the regular season dude.

• By the way Batmon, this ain't an NBA vs College ball who's better argument, which you want to make it. I want to go back to this monstrosity.

Rock wrote:

GeneP wrote:

This is the same close-minded cheerleading that might have backpack rap kidz talking about "Jay-Z? Ludacris? Those guys are commercial. That shit ain't real. They don't have talent!"

Sorry. I just think you are wrong. Batmon nailed it: college teams are all about systems. That's why you see Cinderella teams come through in the NCAAs....you CAN get favorable matchups in a few games and cause some upsets.

I think YOU are the one who is caught up. A team of grown-ass, fully physically mature NBAers would walk ANY college team.

fully physically mature NBAers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

DISCONNECTED.

GET FAMILIAR.

• fully physically mature NBAers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

DISCONNECTED.

GET FAMILIAR.

Yuichi. What the fuck are you talking about? How can you even argue that point?

Batmon nailed it: college teams are all about systems.

That's why they win more frequently because a system works. Rather than Marion dropping 53. Get it?

I feel the comparisons legit. Since it's ALL-TALENT vs WELL-COACHED TEAM.

Rookie team is usually a joke. And I say that from a purist's point of view.

Mike Conley Jr. - Point Guard
    Kevin Durant - Shooting Guard
    Jeff Green - Small Forward
    Luis Scola - Power Forward
    Al Hortford - Center

vs.

Any of the NCAA Tournament teams right now.

They all have 60+ games under their belt. Ill take the NBA dudes.

Miami......thats not even real.