NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Whats up w/ the Los Suns & Los Spurs Jerseys?

Part of an NBA initiative to honor Latino Heritage. I wish their marketing department would have translated "Spurs" and "Suns" too instead of just tacking the "Los" on.

True. Its a good look.

What's Spanish for Raptors?
    El Lesi??n

OK.........

Knickerbockers?
    El R??gimen Corrupto

that was pretty good. i like the new look JimBeam.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

deal

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    that san antonio/denver game was really exciting until the refs decided they hadn't had enough camera time with 2 minutes left in the fourth.

JR SMITH = too young and to fast for the san antonio olds to keep up with him

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Houston v. L.A. on Sunday night is gonna be hard!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Can someone explain Houston's win streak? Isn't it up to something like 19 in a row? At the beginning of the year they looked out of sync and out of the playoffs. Now they're on a run and Yao is out. What have they changed? Did they open up the offense? Are they just strangling people with their D? What's the deal?

Can someone explain Houston's win streak? Isn't it up to something like 19 in a row? At the beginning of the year they looked out of sync and out of the playoffs. Now they're on a run and Yao is out. What have they changed? Did they open up the offense? Are they just strangling people with their D? What's the deal?

They are pretty legit. Something like scoring 102 a game, giving up just over 90 to opponents during the streak. Skip to my Lou is finishing at the rack, Battier is hitting threes, Dikembe is giving them tremendous inside presence, etc. They got a lot of good things going for them.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Adleman's offense is extremely flexible. That gives them a ton of options. Take a look at last night's box score. The entire team played double digit minutes, except two players who logged six. Their numbers are scattered all over the place, too, with McGrady leading the way. That's pretty impressive.

They shouldn't have a problem knocking off Atlanta (clinching 2nd longest winning streak) and Charlotte before Sunday's game against the Lakers, where they'll be looking for their 23rd straight.

omg

From latest Bill Simmons' blog
    ( http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080310 ):

4. What if Suns owner Robert Sarver said, "Screw it, I'll pay the luxury tax every year?"

Well, the following three things would have definitely and unquestionably happened: The Suns would have used the No. 7 pick on either Luol Deng or Andre Igoudala in 2004 (instead of unloading that pick to Chicago for $3 million and the No. 21 pick in 2005); they would have used the No. 21 pick on Rajon Rondo in 2006 (instead of selling it to Boston for cash and the No. 27 pick in 2007); and they wouldn't have traded Kurt Thomas to Seattle along with their No. 1s in 2008 and 2010. Some people would throw in the Joe Johnson deal here (Johnson to Atlanta for Boris Diaw and two No. 1s), but that wasn't a luxury tax move; they made an effort to re-sign Johnson and he wanted to leave.

Just for the hell of it, let's give them Igoudala in that '04 draft because he's better than Deng, and they might have taken him anyway. And let's say they don't make the Shaq/Marion trade because they wouldn't have needed to dump Marcus Banks in the deal (they wouldn't have signed him if they had Rondo for one-fourth the price), and besides, they already have Kurt Thomas. Here's your 2008 Suns roster right now: Nash, Barbosa and Rondo as the guards; Igoudala, Hill and Bell at the swing spots; and Stoudemire, Marion, Diaw and Thomas up front ... as well as the rights to their No. 1 and Atlanta's No. 1 in this year's draft.

That's not even a pipe dream or an imagine-if-this-scenario-had-played-out roster. Lemme put this in caps for you, S.A.S.-style: PEOPLE, THAT WOULD BE PHOENIX'S ROSTER IF SARVER PAID THE LUXURY TAX ALL ALONG!!!!! Can you imagine? Is that the greatest 10-man rotation of all-time? Would they have won 75 games? We'll never know. What's tragic about the Suns' current situation is how close they came to being positioned for the short term and long term better than any franchise since the '86 Celtics: They would have been the runaway favorites this season, and they would have been set for an abnormally long time because of their young guys.

(Note to the Phoenix fans: You can now light yourselves on fire.)

omg
    omg
    omg

Houston v. L.A. on Sunday night is gonna be hard!

4PM Pacific.... I may have to skip my weekly run for this.

Another reason why they're winning = LUIS SCOLA. The dude is one of the smarter big men in the game. Not necessarily the most athletically gifted, but he has excellent court vision and will do all the intangibles that a team needs.

He definitely got some experience at the higher level too, playing alongside Manu on that Argentinian National Team that went on to win Gold.

omg

From latest Bill Simmons' blog
    ( http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080310 ):

4. What if Suns owner Robert Sarver said, "Screw it, I'll pay the luxury tax every year?"

Well, the following three things would have definitely and unquestionably happened: The Suns would have used the No. 7 pick on either Luol Deng or Andre Igoudala in 2004 (instead of unloading that pick to Chicago for $3 million and the No. 21 pick in 2005); they would have used the No. 21 pick on Rajon Rondo in 2006 (instead of selling it to Boston for cash and the No. 27 pick in 2007); and they wouldn't have traded Kurt Thomas to Seattle along with their No. 1s in 2008 and 2010. Some people would throw in the Joe Johnson deal here (Johnson to Atlanta for Boris Diaw and two No. 1s), but that wasn't a luxury tax move; they made an effort to re-sign Johnson and he wanted to leave.

Just for the hell of it, let's give them Igoudala in that '04 draft because he's better than Deng, and they might have taken him anyway. And let's say they don't make the Shaq/Marion trade because they wouldn't have needed to dump Marcus Banks in the deal (they wouldn't have signed him if they had Rondo for one-fourth the price), and besides, they already have Kurt Thomas. Here's your 2008 Suns roster right now: Nash, Barbosa and Rondo as the guards; Igoudala, Hill and Bell at the swing spots; and Stoudemire, Marion, Diaw and Thomas up front ... as well as the rights to their No. 1 and Atlanta's No. 1 in this year's draft.

That's not even a pipe dream or an imagine-if-this-scenario-had-played-out roster. Lemme put this in caps for you, S.A.S.-style: PEOPLE, THAT WOULD BE PHOENIX'S ROSTER IF SARVER PAID THE LUXURY TAX ALL ALONG!!!!! Can you imagine? Is that the greatest 10-man rotation of all-time? Would they have won 75 games? We'll never know. What's tragic about the Suns' current situation is how close they came to being positioned for the short term and long term better than any franchise since the '86 Celtics: They would have been the runaway favorites this season, and they would have been set for an abnormally long time because of their young guys.

(Note to the Phoenix fans: You can now light yourselves on fire.)

omg
    omg
    omg

No offense, but you actually took the time to read that crap?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Adleman's offense is extremely flexible. That gives them a ton of options. Take a look at last night's box score. The entire team played double digit minutes, except two players who logged six. Their numbers are scattered all over the place, too, with McGrady leading the way. That's pretty impressive.

They shouldn't have a problem knocking off Atlanta (clinching 2nd longest winning streak) and Charlotte before Sunday's game against the Lakers, where they'll be looking for their 23rd straight.

the Houston bench has been HUGE during this streak. Guys that couldn't get any PT behind Yao and Bonzi have been coming though in a major way.
    Exhibit A:

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

The NBA is so good right now. Dem' Nuggets can run.

The NBA is so good right now. Dem' Nuggets can run.

Minus, three stars. Don't think I forgot you.

The West is still tight.

POSSIBLE FIRST ROUND MATCHUPS:

Lakers vs Warriors
    Spurs vs Warriors
    Jazz vs Hornets
    Lakers vs Suns
    Hornets vs Suns
    Rockets vs Mavs
    Lakers vs Mavs

The West is still tight.

POSSIBLE FIRST ROUND MATCHUPS:

Lakers vs Warriors
    Spurs vs Warriors
    Jazz vs Hornets
    Lakers vs Suns
    Hornets vs Suns
    Rockets vs Mavs
    Lakers vs Mavs

crazed

Too much BBall tomorrow night, Suns v Warrios...UCLA v ?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Tracy McGrady = MVP

Philly is still on a come up.

Tracy McGrady = MVP

Hey man, 20 wins IS impressive, but the Lakers are currently the #1 seed. And they had a run of their own. Besides, out of those 20 games, looks like 5 or 6 of those were legit wins. The rest were against weak teams, imo.

McGrady IS ballin' though. Not taking that away. They're playing loose. I mean their system is loose, McGrady can pretty much roam however he wants. I don't think you can say the same about KB in the Triangle. You know?

Warriors at Suns tonight.

Who's winning? I say Golden State.

Tracy McGrady = MVP

Hey man, 20 wins IS impressive, but the Lakers are currently the #1 seed. And they had a run of their own. Besides, out of those 20 games, looks like 5 or 6 of those were legit wins. The rest were against weak teams, imo.

McGrady IS ballin' though. Not taking that away. They're playing loose. I mean their system is loose, McGrady can pretty much roam however he wants. I don't think you can say the same about KB in the Triangle. You know?

Name the equivalents to Odom,Gasol and Fisher on the Rockets and Cavaliers?

Tracy McGrady = MVP

Name the equivalents to Odom,Gasol and Fisher on the Rockets and Cavaliers?

Rafer Alston (Who has really come into his own this season....12 points, 3.5 boards, 5 assists)

Luis Scola (High IQ Baller. Who will make the extra pass and grab boards. Ballin!)

Carl Landry (Beasting)

Shane Battier (Utility man with deadly range)

Mutumbo (guarding the paint like no other 40 year old in recent memory)

Trust me, he got some help.

With the Cavs, EVERYTHING goes through Lebron, so ofcourse his stats are gonna look good.

To me, saying "But look at what Lebron is doing without any help" is a popular but lopsided argument. Besides he got some help now. Shooters and inside help. You could have said the same thing when KB was running with a bunch of scrubs for the past 3 years. His team's record was a reflection of that, but yet he scored A LOT and got his team into the playoffs.

I mean to me, it doesn't make much sense to name somebody MVP of the league, if they're not gonna be a serious threat for the championship. But really, that's nothing more than my purist basketball ideology at work. Wouldn't be surprised if KB gets snubbed for MVP.

For the record, Dirk deserved it last year though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Rafer Alston (Who has really come into his own this season....12 points, 3.5 boards, 5 assists)

Those are pretty much the same numbers he's put up every season in Houston, although he is doing it with less minutes.

With the Cavs, EVERYTHING goes through Lebron, so ofcourse his stats are gonna look good.

To me, saying "But look at what Lebron is doing without any help" is a popular but lopsided argument. Besides he got some help now. Shooters and inside help. You could have said the same thing when KB was running with a bunch of scrubs for the past 3 years. His team's record was a reflection of that, but yet he scored A LOT and got his team into the playoffs.

I mean to me, it doesn't make much sense to name somebody MVP of the league, if they're not gonna be a serious threat for the championship. But really, that's nothing more than my purist basketball ideology at work. Wouldn't be surprised if KB gets snubbed for MVP.

Yeah its for the regular season which isnt the Championship Run.

I dont really think T-MaC is the MVP but if he continues to do what he does, he has to be considered in the votes.

As much as K.O.B.E. has led the way this year, Gasol really amped up the Lakers.

LeBron just got help and has been killin shit all season.

Paul,Ginobli, and Garnett(has help) are on my list.

Those are pretty much the same numbers he's put up every season in Houston, although he is doing it with less minutes.

True, but I've gotten the impression that the quality of his play has gotten better. I think his conditioning and confidence are at all time highs for him.

Yeah its for the regular season which isnt the Championship Run.

I dont really think T-MaC is the MVP but if he continues to do what he does, he has to be considered in the votes.

As much as K.O.B.E. has led the way this year, Gasol really amped up the Lakers.

LeBron just got help and has been killin shit all season.

Paul,Ginobli, and Garnett(has help) are on my list.

Gasol has elevated KB's play no doubt, both on the offensive and defensive end. KG being the exception, none of those players are really known for their defense.

Scoring? Check
    Defense? Check
    4th Quarter heroics? Check
    Improved leadership? Check
    1st place in the West? Check (pending)

I really don't know what else a player can do.

20 game winning streak?

Almost average a Triple double?

20 game winning streak?

I FORGOT ABOUT YAO. The other half of the reason why the Rockets started this run in the first place. YAO MING?