NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• It all goes thru San Antonio.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Them Dallas Boys are looking pretty good right now though. Kidd is gonna work out GREAT.

• Them Dallas Boys are looking pretty good right now though. Kidd is gonna work out GREAT.

Haha. WTF? Who pissed in your oatmeal?

Those games were all close except Houston. We got time. Yikes.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Them Dallas Boys are looking pretty good right now though. Kidd is gonna work out GREAT.

Haha, awww naww man I was serious!

Yall will work it out.

• Them Dallas Boys are looking pretty good right now though. Kidd is gonna work out GREAT.

Haha, awww naww man I was serious!

Yall will work it out.

I'm a little worried right now honestly. Losing all those close games when Kidd was 'po to take us over the top in those types of situations.

Avery is showing some slippage and Josh is lost right now, mostly due to personal issues.

But they're more fun to watch at least.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wade is done for the season.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Avery is showing some slippage

Not slippage, it's called loss of fire/mojo.

Well I think he came into this season w/out the fire by his choice. He wanted to ease back from the Little General steez.

I question his Xs n Os though.

• Avery is showing some slippage

Well I think he came into this season w/out the fire by his choice. He wanted to ease back from the Little General steez.

IMO it's a bit of both. The team isn't as fully vested in his teachings as they once were. You can see it in the body language. He's made some coaching blunders....shit, going back to G1 of last year's playoff series.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    It all goes thru San Antonio.

It does, and while they look pretty good (Manu = ballin' outta control!), they don't look as championshippy as they could/should. Of course, they always do that whole "lay low, quietly ring up a good season, then really shift into high gear in the playoffs" thing, so their best basketball is still yet to come, but with the West being so tough, that high gear needs to be higher than it has been in years past, and I'm not sure it will be.

Still...somebody's gonna have to knock off the champs, and that ain't easy.

IMO it's a bit of both. The team isn't as fully vested in his teachings as they once were. You can see it in the body language. He's made some coaching blunders....shit, going back to G1 of last year's playoff series.

No shit. Nelly had him figured out front to back. No answer for B. Diddy. Stephen Jackson was keeping the whole Mavs squad sleepless. The shit was a complete failure for the Mavs. The Little General shit was working fine, until the first round.

Even though he clearly learned from Nellie & Pops he's still has some ways to go.
    I'd like to see how he would fare w/ a less talented team.
    Pops did hop aboard w/ The Spurs were on the upswing just like Avery inherited a pretty good team as well.

The Playoffs will tell the rest of the story. All these new trades change locker room culture & chemisty.

It does, and while they look pretty good (Manu = ballin' outta control!), they don't look as championshippy as they could/should. Of course, they always do that whole "lay low, quietly ring up a good season, then really shift into high gear in the playoffs" thing, so their best basketball is still yet to come, but with the West being so tough, that high gear needs to be higher than it has been in years past, and I'm not sure it will be.

They are starting to look like the 3peat Lakers, who like you say, laid low in the regular, turned it up in the playoffs, and walked away with the trophy.

sounds like what folks said last year.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Post deleted by mylatency

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

sounds like what folks said last year.

Heh--including me.

Obviously, I'm the Pessimist Fan.

Whats up w/ the Los Suns & Los Spurs Jerseys?

ME WA YUUUUUUUU

I took yall long enuff to beat somebody of significance

ME WA YUUUUUUUU

I took yall long enuff to beat somebody of significance

Lol, here is the more improved version of my deleted post:

NOW WAA ME UUUUUUUU

D'antoni was mic'd and told Shaq: "Make him (Duncan) a jump shooter"

Duncan's won 4 titles. Same as Big Diesel/Aristotle/Superman/Cactus.

Duncan's won 4 titles. Same as Big Diesel/Aristotle/Superman/Cactus.

What does it mean to be a VIP Courtside Season Ticketholder?

You're closer to the action, kinda like the Shamu splash zone at Sea World, only you have sweaty 330lb. men diving into you. Did we mention you get free nachos? But only up to the 2nd round (we're projecting to be eliminated in this round). Naturally, we want our Nachos supply to last for our valued fans.

Part of an NBA initiative to honor Latino Heritage. I wish their marketing department would have translated "Spurs" and "Suns" too instead of just tacking the "Los" on.

But only up to the 2nd round (we're projecting to be eliminated in this round).

Yuichi, ffwd to 8:33

Part of an NBA initiative to honor Latino Heritage. I wish their marketing department would have translated "Spurs" and "Suns" too instead of just tacking the "Los" on.

True. Its a good look.

What's Spanish for Raptors?

You're closer to the action, kinda like the Shamu splash zone at Sea World, only you have sweaty 330lb. men diving into you. Did we mention you get free nachos? But only up to the 2nd round (we're projecting to be eliminated in this round). Naturally, we want our Nachos supply to last for our valued fans.

"Playing for D'Antoni this summer (with USA Basketball), I know what an offensive genius he is."

- Kobe Bryant

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

True. Its a good look.

El Lesi??n

True. Its a good look.

El Lesi??n

OK.........

Knickerbockers?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

True. Its a good look.

El Lesi??n

OK.........

Knickerbockers?
    El R??gimen Corrupto

"Playing for D'Antoni this summer (with USA Basketball), I know what an offensive genius he is."

- Kobe Bryant