NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    UNFUCKIN' BELIEVABLE. HE GETTIN' HIGH FIVES AS HE ENTERS THE TUNNEL. LOL

Dear David Stern,

Please wrap up the Most Valuable Player trophy and send it to Staples Center with express mail. Chris Paul can get his next year.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

City of Los Angeles

• Good Lord, Yuki, what are you going to be like in the playoffs? We're gonna need a Yuichi *board*.

Good Lord, Yuki, what are you going to be like in the playoffs? We're gonna need a Yuichi *board*.

I imagine you as a little person. Full of hate of all those peeps out there doing better than you are.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. YOUR TEAM IS A JOKE. IF THIS KEEPS UP, IMMA BE TALKING TO MYSELF ALL THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS.

AND YALL DUDES WILL BE LIKE

CA ALL DAY.

WHO WANTS IT NEXT?

There are two highlights in this one. One of Jordan Farmar. The other of Ronny.

I can not resist.....

More bloopers from L.O.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the strut NBA thraed script.
    Yuichi: "you like the lakers?"
    Yuki: "I LOVE THE LAKERS."
    Yuichi: "really?"
    Yuki: "NAW, SON. I WORK PEOPLE WHO DON'T LOVE THE LAKERS OUT OF LOVE FOR THE LAKERS. I WANT TO HUG FARMAR. CHECK THESE GOOFY HIGHLIGHTS. LOVE."

in other news: the "fire george karl" website
    i didn't think much of it until i saw it yesterday w/ the hilariously (empty) threatening letter from Karl's lawyer. now this shit is getting out of control, and consequently, more hilarious.

Yesterday, I linked to what looked like it might have been a really petty email from George Karl's lawyer to the guy who runs the website FireGeorgeKarl.com. The money part of the email that appeared to be from attorney Bret Adams:

As Coach Karl's counsel I am putting you on notice that I will sue you into bankruptcy should you cross the boundaries of permissible speech.[/b]

Lawyers don't really write letters like that, do they? I mean,"I will sue you into bankruptcy?" That's something many lawyers think, no doubt. After a couple of beers, I'd imagine it'd be something some might say. But to write that, during work hours? Really?

Turns out that yes, he really did write that. Chris Tomasson of the Rocky Mountain News:

"In hindsight, I could have written it more professionally, but for 20 years I've been defending my client," Adams said.

Karl said he was unaware of the e-mail until Tuesday.

"It wasn't on my request," said Karl, who said he's not considering legal action. "It was on his friendship towards me."

(Side note: I respect Adams' passion for his long-term friend, but see it as no excuse for bullying.)

Dan Slater of the Wall Street Journal's Law Blog picked up on the story of Bret Adams' email, and contacted Adams. By email, Adams explained some points of law and acknowledged the statement as his own.

Slater wrote that he could see nothing on FireGeorgeKarl.com that would approach Adams' defintion of defamation. Then a whole mess of lawyers and other educated commenters weighed in, and nearly all agreed that Adams had done his client no favor. Some comments from WSJ.com users:

"Threatening to sue someone into bankruptcy is an abuse of the privilege of being an attorney." -- Ethics counsel[/b]
    "Ethical issues aside, a good attorney would not have created the huge risk of negative publicity attendant to making a written(!) threat of this nature. This ridiculous email, which was obviously going to end up posted to the blog, is liable to become a minor media sensation during a particularly slow time during the sports year. (Sportscenter, anyone?) So instead of a minor nuisance of a website created by someone who is (it cannot be denied) an avid fan, the coach now has a potential PR disaster on his hands. Which is more likely to harm the coach's career? An effective attorney would have handled the issue politely and quietly. Better yet, he would have advised his client that such websites are common and should just be ignored." -- Anon
    "Adams asks 'Is your life really this boring and meaningless that you would spend the hours necessary to create such a website?' I ask him 'Is your practice really this boring and meaningless that you would spend the hours necessary to harass and intimidate a fan blog?'" -- Comment by Skywalker
    Meanwhile, I have to assume that Andrew Feinstein is loving this. He's the founder of FireGeorgeKarl.com, and while this hasn't cost him a penny, Adams has handed him two big prizes: confirmation that his work resonates in the Karl camp, and a tidy little series of links and mentions in the media.

If you're trying to build a public movement to get George Karl fired, this is a pretty good way to start.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-31-8/George-Karl-s-Lawyer-Makes-FireGeorgeKarl-com-Famous.html

legal strut want to weigh in on this one?

If anyone is watching the Suns/Nuggets. Listen to Mike fugly Tirico's ass as he compliments Shaq on almost every opportunity he gets.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    The suns look so bad right now.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

Just awful.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The Celts look so fresh and so clean right now.

I know for a fact that their offense can't be that bad. 113 points.

Rockets are scorching.

Lebron with 50 at MSG.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good Lord, Yuki, what are you going to be like in the playoffs? We're gonna need a Yuichi *board*.

I imagine you as a little person. Full of hate of all those peeps out there doing better than you are.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. YOUR TEAM IS A JOKE. IF THIS KEEPS UP, IMMA BE TALKING TO MYSELF ALL THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS.

CA ALL DAY.

WHO WANTS IT NEXT?

I cant wait for the ALL CAPS PLAYOFFS!!!!. Muthafuckas are gonna go BAZERK up in this bitch!!!!

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    Has this been posted?
    Which of the following describe Baron Davis?
    a) he has a sense of humour
    b) he is very comfortable with his masculinity
    c) he likes New Edition
    d) all of the above

e) the only worthwhile thing to come out of the show "one take" is allen iverson saying "HELL YEAH HE GOT A BIG-ASS HEAD." about OJ Simpson. Really, non-filmmakers making short films has to be one of the worst ideas ever.
    f) i think most men would do that to hang out with emmanuelle chriqui all day. baron keeps some nice lookin ladies around him (alba-r)

CA ALL DAY.

WHO WANTS IT NEXT?

I cant wait for the ALL CAPS PLAYOFFS!!!!. Muthafuckas are gonna go BAZERK up in this bitch!!!!

I hope so. But more likely, they'll be cuz their teams won't last until June.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    f) i think most men would do that to hang out with emmanuelle chriqui all day.

I remember seeing her in the lousy movie 100 Girls (also featuring a pre-fame Katherine Heigl!) and thinking she was fine. Now that she's moved into grown-and-sexy land, she is fooooiiiiine!

Warriors WHOOPING the Heats ass by over 30.

Manu is ballin'. Spurs are gonna win.

Lakers about to get an easy win again.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts

Sixers makin a come up in the East

Denver needed that win against San Antonio

Denver needed that win against San Antonio

WOAH, THEY WON?!

NAJERA = CLUTCH.
    that dude had a career game, which in the grand scheme of things, ain't sayin' much. But he got it done when he needed to. his tap out which led to a JR Smith 3 pt. shot was the backbreaker in that one.
    fantastic game.

NAJERA = CLUTCH.
    that dude had a career game, which in the grand scheme of things, ain't sayin' much. But he got it done when he needed to. his tap out which led to a JR Smith 3 pt. shot was the backbreaker in that one.
    fantastic game.

He noticed that he does the little things that go unnoticed.

Tracy McGrady = MVP

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    BIG CACTUS > MERLIN

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo, i havent exactly been balls deep in the NBA this year, so i might be due for a serious late pass....
    but i just saw the Suns unis with "LOS SUNS" on it
    how long they had these???? yo!!!! that shit is hot!!!

go sixers!!! thaddeus young ...who knew???

Lakers giving up 71 points to the Kings in the first half. NAGL if you wanna win titles....We need Bynum back. Ariza's foot is recovering slower than expected. Our defense is weak. I don't why people are still talking about "Lakers are the favorites out West." As much as I love talking shit, I know that they're still young and inexperienced. In crunch time it shows.

Lakers giving up 71 points to the Kings in the first half. NAGL if you wanna win titles....We need Bynum back. Ariza's foot is recovering slower than expected. Our defense is weak. I don't why people are still talking about "Lakers are the favorites out West." As much as I love talking shit, I know that they're still young and inexperienced. In crunch time it shows.

There is no favorite in the West IMO. It all goes thru San Antonio.