NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

This Yao shit is fucked up.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jamal Magloire to Dallas to back up Erica Damp.....very good look.

Good move!

• Jamal Magloire to Dallas to back up Erica Damp.....very good look.

B*tch you ain't 7 foot so you can't call that dude that. His name is Erick. Respect the game!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Jamal Magloire to Dallas to back up Erica Damp.....very good look.

B*tch you ain't 7 foot so you can't call that dude that. His name is Erick. Respect the game!!!

"Who u callin a B*tch....U.N.I.T.Y......."

• Jamal Magloire to Dallas to back up Erica Damp.....very good look.

"Who u callin a B*tch....U.N.I.T.Y......."

That stuff on Deng the other night was nasty! We need Big Damps.

• Quote:
    SMH... not much was messing with the Lakers that year but you are talking out of your ass shorty.

That Bucks team was for real - Allen & Cassell are still balling to this day.

--
    Obviously, they weren't real. Otherwise they would have been in the Finals. Cliche as it is, it takes five. Haven't you seen those Adidas commercials?!

Jonny,
    To further illustrate your point - the Bucks did beat the Lakers both times they played them that year. Phil Jackson has said that he was glad the Lakers played the Sixers in those finals, he was more afraid of the Bucks.

Glenn Robinson, I think in game 5 against Philly, missed a shot at the end of the game (inside 15 feet, if memory servers - a shot he makes more often than he misses) which was pretty much the biggest shot of the series.

I'm sure Mr. Science Guy will have some type of comment about this. But yes, the Bucks were for real that year. George Karl just gave up trying to coach defense and decided to let them run and gun, and simply outscore opponents. It got them to the conference finals, and they've been a mediocre-to-terrible team since.

Yao may miss the opportunity to represent his country in the Beijing Olympics this summer. He said that it would be the biggest loss of his career if that happened.

Yao may miss the opportunity to represent his country in the Beijing Olympics this summer. He said that it would be the biggest loss of his career if that happened.

This Yao shit is fucked up.

Will Tracy pickup the slack.

P.J. Brown to the Boston Celtics is a good look.

Uhh, Phoenix just went 0-4 against the Hornets in the season. NAGL under any circumstances.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    That wasn't even close.

• Phoenix looked old and sad. Grant effin Hill had one of the most energetic plays of the night.

Are the Suns in trouble??

I don't think they make it to the conference finals this year.

Phoenix looked old and sad. Grant effin Hill had one of the most energetic plays of the night.

I don't think they make it to the conference finals this year.

After the novelty of Shaq's addition wears off, we'll see where they stand. D'Antoni is playing Shaq 30 minutes in the last several games. Not a good idea if you wanna make moves in the post-season.

I think the jury is still out for The Suns. I cant truly judge after a week.

The experiment hasnt gelled yet.

They werent gonna make the WC finals w/ Marion in the first place.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Something I've been struggling with...was Marion the problem?
    Or did they just move him because he was unhappy?

If a strong, defensive center isn't the key to the Finals for the Suns, what is?

If a strong, defensive center isn't the key to the Finals for the Suns, what is?

A strong,MOBILE, Defensive center.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

The SF Chronicle had a good article arguing that the Suns had to trade Marion because he was unhappy for several years. They quoted a book written about the Suns a couple years ago that said Marion was constantly unhappy and moped at practices and to reporters about being the 3rd star. They mentioned other reports to the same affect. Basically he was bringing the team down with his attitude so they had to get rid of him even though he fit their system perfectly.

And it's not a strong, defensive center they need. It's an ATHLETIC center that can play in their system and not mess it up that they need.

The SF Chronicle had a good article arguing that the Suns had to trade Marion because he was unhappy for several years. They quoted a book written about the Suns a couple years ago that said Marion was constantly unhappy and moped at practices and to reporters about being the 3rd star. They mentioned other reports to the same affect. Basically he was bringing the team down with his attitude so they had to get rid of him even though he fit their system perfectly.

And it's not a strong, defensive[/b] center they need. It's an ATHLETIC center that can play in their system and not mess it up that they need.

There's like 10 teams in the league that run up the score with the Suns. Scoring has never been an issue, defense has.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

^^^Thank you.

Shaq is already improving the boards at both ends of the court, but the Suns offense has been known to falter when they're adjusting to new players. If Amare can step up his defense the Suns will be fine. I can see why they're chasing Brent Barry but Linton Johnson looked pretty good last night.

Remember, regular season don't mean...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

And it's not a strong, defensive center they need. It's an ATHLETIC center that can play in their system and not mess it up that they need.

Jack McCallum's book.

Marion's been ass-hurt--it was not an insurmountable problem in previous seasons.

the suns been in trouble since this:

^^^Thank you.

Shaq is already improving the boards at both ends of the court, but the Suns offense has been known to falter when they're adjusting to new players. If Amare can step up his defense the Suns will be fine. I can see why they're chasing Brent Barry but Linton Johnson looked pretty good last night.

Remember, regular season don't mean...

"Boom or bust year for the NBA's sweethearts."

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

the suns
    been in trouble since this:

Really? I'm actually pretty glad he's been able to inject a lot of realism into the Suns's situation. The west wasn't getting any easier with the Spurs, Mavs, and now Lakers this year. Imagine what would have happened if Steve Kerr wasn't around? I think D'antoni and Sarver would have just run the post-season into the ground as usual....

And yearh, right now it's been proven that teams like the GSW and Hornets can obviously "out-Sun" the currently disjointed Marion-less Suns....let's see what happens when the Suns are more gellin' and versatile.

Have the Hornets gotten into the second round?

the suns

Really? I'm actually pretty glad he's been able to inject a lot of realism into the Suns's situation. The west wasn't getting any easier with the Spurs, Mavs, and now Lakers this year. Imagine what would have happened if Steve Kerr wasn't around? I think D'antoni and Sarver would have just run the post-season into the ground as usual....

And yearh, right now it's been proven that teams like the GSW and Hornets can obviously "out-Sun" the currently disjointed Marion-less Suns....let's see what happens when the Suns are more gellin' and versatile.

their versatility is posting double-doubles in miami losses right now.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

the suns

I'd say it's more since losing

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Have the Hornets gotten into the second round?

Are you insinuating that their image is inflated? In the past, they must have got there with Zo curry Rice, no?

incredible manager. a bit better than his pops-- willing to take a bit more risk on the non-conventional side with player acquisitions. For the most part, it's paid off well.

those custom italian made dracula/hillary clinton looking collars gots to go, though.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    You sound non-European. Yeah, he really is one of the best in the business.