NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Do you remember who was in the East at the time??? I certainly don't. Nuff said.

You didn't have cable!

I'm asking you.

• The landscape of NBA champs over the last twenty years can really be broken down into two categories: dynastic teams led by two or more superstars (Showtime Lakers, Bulls, Shaq's Lakers) or "system-driven" teams that have a great program led by maybe one superstar (80s Pistons, Brown Pistons, the Spurs, the Rudy T Rockets).

• The Knicks went out in the 1st round... Toronto was in it with Vince Carter.

The Bucks with Ray Allen.

Wasn't that long ago, youngin.

The Knicks went out in the 1st round... Toronto was in it with Vince Carter.

Might as well call that shit a JV league...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You wouldn't know.

The landscape of NBA champs over the last twenty years can really be broken down into two categories: dynastic teams led by two or more superstars (Showtime Lakers, Bulls, Shaq's Lakers) or "system-driven" teams that have a great program led by maybe one superstar (80s Pistons, Brown Pistons, the Spurs, the Rudy T Rockets).

This is a pretty dumb generalization. You don't think the Lakers were system-driven? LOL

You wouldn't know.

Trying to persuade some of yall is like trying to get more touches for AI's teammates!

• SMH... not much was messing with the Lakers that year but you are talking out of your ass shorty.

That Bucks team was for real - Allen & Cassell are still balling to this day.

• The landscape of NBA champs over the last twenty years can really be broken down into two categories: dynastic teams led by two or more superstars (Showtime Lakers, Bulls, Shaq's Lakers) or "system-driven" teams that have a great program led by maybe one superstar (80s Pistons, Brown Pistons, the Spurs, the Rudy T Rockets).

This is a pretty dumb generalization. You don't think the Lakers were system-driven? LOL

I would say both Lakers dynasties were known more for their superstars (Magic, Jabbar, Worthy and Shaq/Bryant) than the particular strategies those superstar-driven teams used to win. Whereas most regard the Spurs as a faceless basketball championship winning machine.

SMH... not much was messing with the Lakers that year but you are talking out of your ass shorty.

Obviously, they weren't real. Otherwise they would have been in the Finals. Cliche as it is, it takes five. Haven't you seen those Adidas commercials?!

The landscape of NBA champs over the last twenty years can really be broken down into two categories: dynastic teams led by two or more superstars (Showtime Lakers, Bulls, Shaq's Lakers) or "system-driven" teams that have a great program led by maybe one superstar (80s Pistons, Brown Pistons, the Spurs, the Rudy T Rockets).

I would say both Lakers dynasties were known more for their superstars (Magic, Jabbar, Worthy and Shaq/Bryant) than the particular strategies those superstar-driven teams used to win. Whereas most regard the Spurs as a faceless basketball championship winning machine.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• SMH... not much was messing with the Lakers that year but you are talking out of your ass shorty.

Obviously, they weren't real. Otherwise they would have been in the Finals. Cliche as it is, it takes five.

This is my EXACT argument for Iverson.

You just played yourself!

Most forms of fandom (in any sport) are laregly subjective, rather than objective. This is because most fans aren't equipped properly to dissect the nuances and intricacies of the game. This may sound arrogant, but it is da truth playas.

I am merely here to guide you to the light. Beyond your preferred news source, beyond the foggy lens of your fandom.

SMH... not much was messing with the Lakers that year but you are talking out of your ass shorty.

Obviously, they weren't real. Otherwise they would have been in the Finals. Cliche as it is, it takes five.

Were the Cavs real last season? LOL They did make it to the Finals!!! after a first round bye LOL and 2nd round....i forgot who they played.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is because most fans aren't equipped properly to dissect the nuances and intricacies of the game.

The Scientist hath awakened! Can promises of WORKINGS to come be far behind, SON?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Were the Cavs real last season? LOL They did make it to the Finals!!! after a first round bye LOL and 2nd round....i forgot who they played.

how can you type and eat cheesy doodles at the same time?
    the mind boggles.

how can you type and eat cheesy doodles at the same time?
    the mind boggles.

I hate being redundant, but I guess dumb children need to be told several times...so imma be nice to you Beamer,

Were the Cavs real last season?

I hate being redundant

the universe just collapsed.

I hate being redundant

the universe just collapsed.

I need an auto-response:

Were the Cavs real last season?

WHEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I need an auto-response:

i'd say you have an ample amount already.

I need an auto-response:

i'd say you have an ample amount already.

So what's yo flavor of the day, playa?
    Let's at least try to keep it basketball related.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    1) The only modern day team to win a Championship with one star, one good player and a bunch of nobodies were the Walton led Trailblazers.

2) The only NBA team in the last 30 years to win it all without a star at Center were Jordan's Bulls.

3) Swagger is to be had, not lived through vicariously by Chad

4) Smarmy & Condescending > Cliche

1) The only modern day team to win a Championship with one star, one good player and a bunch of nobodies were the Walton led Trailblazers.

2) The only NBA team in the last 30 years to win it all without a star at Center were Jordan's Bulls.

Heavy.

Almost the weight of Pig Miller in his second year.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Who was on that '79 Sonics squad?

Who was on that '79 Sonics squad?

7 time All-Star Center Jack Sikma

Back court of Gus Williams and Dennis Johnson

Paul Silas

And 2 time All-Star John Johnson

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    brent barry to the suns?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This Yao shit is fucked up.

Brent Barry is being courted by mad teams. He needs to keep his ass w/ the Spurs.

Jamal Magloire to Dallas to back up Erica Damp.....very good look.

Jamal Magloire to Dallas to back up Erica Damp.....very good look.

It's great having an owner that you know will make every move possible regardless of cost.