NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

by the way, that shaq trade ain't happening.

Did you talk to Steve Kerr today??? Cool!?!?!?!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

by the way, that shaq trade ain't happening.

Did you talk to Steve Kerr today??? Cool!?!?!?!

you need to calm down and stop the private mind garden chatter of the Suns being an actual title contender.

Tell me when it happens, then we can start postulating about what the merits are for the Suns in this trade. It's gonna be less run and gun, that's for sure. And by the way, Marion was one of the main reasons why Phoenix had what it had. The sun is setting fast in Phoenix, and to me, this seems like a desperation move, although perhaps necessary to gain some inside presence.

Mylatency Suns + permanent Shaq avatar = Worst of both worlds?

PLEASE seriously...

The Suns are clearly playing chess (or at least mind games) against the Lakers and the Spurs. Robert Sarver and his group of investors have deep, deep pockets but until now they've been extremely reluctant to spend any of it.

This could all be posturing to throw off the scent that they are working a deal for Camby, but we shall soon see.

Shaq flying to PHX tomorrow and Paul Coro reports that he has been talking to Suns players tonite...hmmm.......

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0205shaqonline.html

Shaq & Amare vs Gasol & Bynum...heavy stuff!

...And don't forget the quote by the Big Aristotle himself:

"I've seen the future of the NBA and his name is Amar?? Stoudemire."

• some reports are that it went down...

shawn marion to miami
    how can shack keep up with the suns pace?

The Suns are clearly playing chess (or at least mind games) against the Lakers and the Spurs.

CLEARLY, the Lakers are fearful of these "chess moves". My pom-pons are temporarily stashed away for this very reason.......

I don't think Shaq needs to keep up at all. He just needs to clog up the lane and be a defensive presence. Adding Shaq to take care of Duncan, Gasol, Bynum, etc...who cares if he can't run? All he has to do is get in place for the defensive play as soon as Nash, Barbosa, or Bell hits a 3.

Good luck on trying to score over Shaq, Amare, and Skinner all at once.

Yes I'm thinking of an ideal situation, as long as Hill and Shaq can stay healthy, fuggetaboutit, and I want to see what Cuban and Dallas attempt to come up with.

Shaq
    Amare
    Skinner
    Hill
    Diaw
    Barbosa
    Bell
    Nash

= DEADLY

I don't think Shaq needs to keep up at all. He just needs to clog up the lane and be a defensive presence. Adding Shaq to take care of Duncan, Gasol, Bynum, etc...who cares if he can't run? All he has to do is get in place for the defensive play as soon as Nash, Barbosa, or Bell hits a 3.

Good luck on trying to score over Shaq, Amare, and Skinner all at once.

Yes I'm thinking of an ideal situation, as long as Hill and Shaq can stay healthy, fuggetaboutit, and I want to see what Cuban and Dallas attempt to come up with.

Shaq
    Amare
    Skinner
    Hill
    Diaw
    Barbosa
    Bell
    Nash

= DEADLY

Passing grade for effort.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    How long is Shaq's contract? Do the Suns want to get caught up in his salary just to make a run for half a season? And I still don't think this is a good move for PHX. You're going to completely change part of their game to accomodate Shaq.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    How long is Shaq's contract? Do the Suns want to get caught up in his salary just to make a run for half a season? And I still don't think this is a good move for PHX. You're going to completely change part of their game to accomodate Shaq.

A) 2 Years left I believe.

b) Por favor Beliebit. All the Suns want is that ring. All of this STATE wants that ring. If bringing Shaq here brings it, then the salary cap be damned.

With that said, I'm not sold on this trade. This trade is geared to one team and team only...the San Antonio Sterns....errr....Spurs. The problem is, they now have to get through the New Orleans, the Fake....errr....Lakers, and Golden State. The league caught up with that style of play now and it's a novelty. The Suns now realize that you cannot win a title with the run and gun. Last year was their best shot and they got robbed.

What works with this trade is they dump Banks' huge salary and Marion wants to be the #1 or #2 guy on a team. Let him try it in Miami like Joe Johnson did with Atlanta and see how it works out. I'll bet you Marion becomes nothing more than a second or high third tier player. The system made him great. Next time maybe he'll learn not to take a dump where he eats.

• Adding Shaq to take care of Duncan, Gasol, Bynum, etc...who cares if he can't run?

Yes I'm thinking of an ideal situation...

dude shaq is horrible. worse than peiree modren soul lp. he cant even jump of the floor anymore. literally. have fun with that. plus your mamas droopy tity smells like fungal powder. lakers bitch. deal with it.

• AP in a sports thread is

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The foulness!

F*** Steve Kerr!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    steve kerr has been Frickin' up ever since he took the helm @ the front office. this shit sucks. i really hope it does not happen.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    steve kerr has been Frickin' up ever since he took the helm @ the front office. this shit sucks. i really hope it does not happen.

I can't believe that either D'Antoni or Nash would get on board with this--it would amount to an admission on their part that their style of play can't win a championship, and I don't think that's been established yet.

i don't think it matters to kerr if d'antoni or nash are liking this-- kerr has been clashing with d'antoni quite a bit lately, resulting in some behind-closed-doors screaming matches. if anything is screwing up the 'chemistry' on this team at this point, it's the bone-headed front office.

i don't think d'antoni or nash would openly admit that the run/gun can't win a ring, but i think steve kerr is asserting that he does not think it can through dipshit moves like acquiring an aging pos center that is having the worst year of his entire career, is plagued by injuries, and is horribly out of shape. shaq should have thrown in the towel a long time ago, but steve kerr obviously has a soft spot for vets that hang around far past their prime-- he was one himself not too long ago.

• Haha. Fuckin' Kerr....YES!!!!!!

Marion for Shaq. Really? I'm not hating on Shaq and surely this means Suns v. Lakers in the WCF.....but Marion? You just really need to get rid of *that* guy?

And why not let Amare "revolutionize the game" by being an athletic 5? Nope, over to the 4 with all the other dudes your size.

• Jerry Brown of the East Valley Tribune: "Sources said both Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire were asked on Tuesday for their reaction to O'Neal possibly joining the team, and both were in favor of the move. The Suns would make the deal in order to move Stoudemire back to the power forward spot -- which Marion currently occupies -- and give the team a legitimate big man to battle players like San Antonio's Tim Duncan, Los Angeles' Andrew Bynum and New Orleans' Tyson Chandler. A move that would add O'Neal and subtract Marion who has finished Phoenix fast breaks for nine seasons with his high-flying, athletic abilities would certainly slow the Suns' trademark fast-paced game. But while the Suns still average 109.4 points a game, second to Golden State in the NBA, their running game has already been more muted than past seasons under coach Mike D'Antoni and chemistry issues have dogged the team since Marion demanded a trade two days before training camp."

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Are the Suns going to lose Marion after this season is over anyway?? I think Diaw will step up and do a decent job filling Marion's role. And like I said last night, "IF" Shaq has anything left in the tank they can go all the way.....but next year.....they're worse off for it.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    ... chemistry issues have dogged the team since Marion demanded a trade two days before training camp."

And there it is....Go let him be the next Joe Johnson.

• Well, this will hasten the Heat rebuild. Wade and Marion are two nice pieces to start with.

nobody gives a rats ass about the heat.
    not even their own city cares about them.

yes, mad.

• nobody gives a rats ass about the heat.
    not even their own city cares about them.

yes, mad.

Well I sure don't but I try to give unbiased commentary at times, mixed in with the homerism.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this does for d'antoni and having bad relations between front office and coach is a plague for any team

but

amare could bene fit from his new position (less fouls, more room)

and both he and nash will easily get easy balls in for shaq

but shaq is old...like an old chevy truck maybe hes still got a lil bit of gas in him

I can't believe that either D'Antoni or Nash would get on board with this--it would amount to an admission on their part that their style of play can't win a championship, and I don't think that's been established yet.

Maybe not in the minds of basketball novices.

both he and nash will easily get easy balls in for shaq