NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Trust me, you'll hear a lot from me, when we form the twin towers with Kobe at shooting guard.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    go change your pants youngin. you shouldn't sit in that.

i'm gonna go out and drink.

• Gasol is arguably a better player than Nowitzki. GET FAMILIAR!

Please to find me one person who doesn't post on this board and who is relatively respected that has made this claim in the real world.

He good. Above above average. Not Nowitzki good. Different players though. How has his talent impacted his team in the last 4 years? C'mon now.... Not that it means shit but Dirk and the Mavs absolutely have owned the Grizz over the last 4 years. We demoralized the fuck out of them two playoffs ago.

Not Nowitzki good. Different players though.

This to me, makes no sense. It's shameful how little yall have probably seen of Gasol and still pass private mind garden judgement.

By the way, while yall are busy caressing B.Diddy's nutsack, LA is collecting titles.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

This to me, makes no sense. It's shameful how little yall have probably seen of Gasol and still pass private mind garden judgement.

By the way, while yall are busy caressing B.Diddy's nutsack, LA is collecting titles.

i was not going to say anything but you are insisting

How much have youve seen of gasol...Ive been watching him since day one and following (forcefully) following his stacks because my best freind is both a statistics (baseball related) and NBA fiend..and he is Spanish so..

thus

yes the lakers made a great move...an important scoring threat with size that can explode in a series and show some All-Star potential...his championship runs with spain prove he is fit and ready for series and he is a generally smart basketball player that if he meshes well with the triangle (good passer) will prove to be key in the Lakers run...

plus he adds size

now he does not stretch a defense out like Nowitsky is slightly less physically imposing than nowitzky (aka bangin' although dirk has not been at his toughest) and is not the constant scoring threat that Nowitsky is to his team

simply put he is not at Dirks level...

Caron Butler is a great player and an all-star. A team picking him up would have made a great move...but he is not AI,Arenas,etc level

thats it...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

if you only knew what a moron you were.

just shutup.

your shit is tired.

if you only knew what a moron you were.

just shutup.

your shit is tired.

So have you tried the flavor of the day?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Didn't you just start watching NBA games last year when you got cable?

Gasol is very good and a great pick up for the Lakers, but he's not as good as Nowitzki.

Gasol is very good and a great pick up for the Lakers, but he's not as good as Nowitzki.

I ain't mad at you Motown. Just instigating old scrappy.

Three words: Low post game.

I'd rather take a shot 5 feet away from the rim as opposed to 15, all day. All day.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You seem confused; did you forget that we are dealing with a basketball telepath?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I'd have to agree with Yuichi and say that they're not much difference with maybe the edge going to Gasol (not his over-bearing sucking off of the Lakers). Dirk's looking older at his age and his defence is non-existent - really showed in that Detroit game the other day. Gasol got D and Dirk don't and with the Lakers front line fully intact he'll have to guard someone who can score.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'd have to agree with Yuichi and say that they're not much difference with maybe the edge going to Gasol (not his over-bearing sucking off of the Lakers). Dirk's looking older at his age and his defence is non-existent - really showed in that Detroit game the other day. Gasol got D and Dirk don't and with the Lakers front line fully intact he'll have to guard someone who can score.

Dirk was the MVP last year muthafuckas.

Has Gasol even been to the Playoffs?

There is NO Comparison.

Gasol is NOT some Defensive stopper in the Post. Lets not get it twisted.

Dirk was the MVP last year muthafuckas.

Has Gasol even been to the Playoffs?

Three times

b/w

• Good times.

Yall are lucky my left hand is temporarily occupied with a lean pocket.

Yall are lucky my left hand is temporarily occupied with pocket-pool

HANDS CLENCHED, PALMS SWEATY

HANDS CLENCHED, PALMS SWEATY

Do not forget the most important part of that ultimatum. PISTOL GRIPPED.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Whether Gasol is better than Nowitzki or not, it is a season changing trade for the Lakers. They just went from the bottom group of playoff teams to the top group, from a team that could lose in the first round to one that could possible go to the conference Finals if the players work out. I think Rock made a good point that other teams, like Cuban and Dallas, will probably feel the need shake things up as well to keep up with the Joneses.

This is proving to be a pretty spectacular year for the Lakers. Most people were counting them out at the beginning. I mean how much NBA TV time on TNT, ESPN, etc. did they spend on "Kobe wants out, the team is doomed" type talk? Then Phil Jackson worked his magic, Bynum stepped up to be a man and they moved up to second place in their division. Then Bynum went down, the Lakers struggled and then bam, they make a trade and shoot up the NBA hot list.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Why oh why won't Otis Smith take the expiring contracts and surplus of role playing shooters and get Orlando a second rebounder?

Why oh why won't Otis Smith take the expiring contracts and surplus of role playing shooters and get Orlando a second rebounder?

They got rid of Bo Outlaw early in the season. I think they want to go w/ a faster open team.

Lewis & Turkolu take turns at the 4 spot seems to be working.

Plus who wants sloppy seconds after Howard gets most of the Rebounds anyway.

Whether Gasol is better than Nowitzki or not, it is a season changing trade for the Lakers. They just went from the bottom group of playoff teams to the top group, from a team that could lose in the first round to one that could possible go to the conference Finals if the players work out. I think Rock made a good point that other teams, like Cuban and Dallas, will probably feel the need shake things up as well to keep up with the Joneses.

This is proving to be a pretty spectacular year for the Lakers. Most people were counting them out at the beginning. I mean how much NBA TV time on TNT, ESPN, etc. did they spend on "Kobe wants out, the team is doomed" type talk? Then Phil Jackson worked his magic, Bynum stepped up to be a man and they moved up to second place in their division. Then Bynum went down, the Lakers struggled and then bam, they make a trade and shoot up the NBA hot list.

One can speculate that Kobe's trade demands applied pressure on the whole Laker organization from top to bottom. The level of urgency went from little to code red in a matter of weeks during the summer.

We got the pieces, now we just need to play smart.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

They got rid of Bo Outlaw early in the season. I think they want to go w/ a faster open team.

Lewis & Turkolu take turns at the 4 spot seems to be working.

Plus who wants sloppy seconds after Howard gets most of the Rebounds anyway.

Due to age + injuries, Bo was more useful as a fan favorite and community supporter than a player.

And yeah, I'd agree that they've improved (Hedo breaking out this season blindsided me), but they're still in the gutter on offensive rebounding and give up too many second/third chance points for my liking. I think it would be helpful to have a secondary rebounding stopgap for this season/possibly next until Howard hones his skills, like Shaq had with Grant.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I know, I am getting antsy about this one. Suns front office better speak up about this rumor tomorrow otherwise I fear it might be true.

Pretty much every Suns fan's instant nightmare...or dream, knowning now that we have to fight off Kobe+Odom+Bynum+Gasol

Kobe+Odom+Bynum+Gasol+Fisher+Farmar+Ariza+Radmanovic+Walton

Gasol = 10/15
    24 points
    12 rebounds
    4 assists
    in 35 minutes of action.

First game =

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

1 game, dude

dude:

pg: Steve Nash
    sg: Raja Bell
    sf: Grant Hill/Boris Diaw
    pf: Amare Stoudamire
    C: Shaquille Oneal

dude

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

1 game, dude

dude:

pg: Steve Nash
    sg: Raja Bell
    sf: Grant Hill/Boris Diaw
    pf: Amare Stoudamire
    C: Shaquille Oneal

dude

I wouldn't count on Grant Hill.

If Shaq still has ANYTHING left I'd bet on this team to win it all.

1 game, dude

uh no. we have one of the most productive benches in the league, if not the best.

by the way, that shaq trade ain't happening.