NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• And I can't help but snicker at the Dubs' acquisition of C-Webb. Good luck w/ alla that......

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    the Dubs got thier ass kicked in the second round last year cause they thought that run n gun shit is gonna work against a seasoned half court team.

Webber can help in this dept.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    the Dubs got thier ass kicked in the second round last year cause they thought that run n gun shit is gonna work against a seasoned half court team.

No offense but Webber is done, kaput, finis.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I think Webber is a very functional vet coming off the bench.

What's your reasoning?

• What's your reasoning?

C-Webb's high level of gay-ness.

Devin Harris/Dampier + draft picks for Jason Kidd......

• Devin Harris/Dampier + draft picks for Jason Kidd......

Naw. We not dealing Devin.

The rumor is Stack/George/Diop/Considerations for J. Kidd. Who would our backup 5 be? Still, I'd like to get Kidd somehow.

The rumor is Stack/George/Diop/Considerations for J. Kidd. Who would our backup 5 be? Still, I'd like to get Kidd somehow.

If i were the Nets I wouldnt make that deal. I'd take some vets/salaries off your plate but u gotta hit me off w/ a youngin for the future.

Stack and George are the same as Jefferson and Carter.

• Devin Harris/Dampier + draft picks for Jason Kidd......

If i were the Nets I wouldnt make that deal. I'd take some vets/salaries off your plate but u gotta hit me off w/ a youngin for the future.

I agree but you know NBA execs don't think like Joe Fan (you) or Joe Expert (me)....it's all about EXPIRING CONTRACTS mang. It would be stupid to deal Devin, who we just re-upped for like 1.5 years of J. Kidd. How many years does dude have left for NJ to expect some young up-and-comer.

They can have Barea. He's from the NE anyway.

I agree but you know NBA execs don't think like Joe Fan (you) or Joe Expert (me)....it's all about EXPIRING CONTRACTS mang. It would be stupid to deal Devin, who we just re-upped for like 1.5 years of J. Kidd. How many years does dude have left for NJ to expect some young up-and-comer.

They can have Barea. He's from the NE anyway.

I fux w/ Barea.

Who did Philly get for Korver???
    Utah's plan to acquire every white player in the league is a step closer to fruition...

Yes, same could be said of the Pacers and Raptors, too.

utah remains the champ and the originator of this trend
    just like san antonio's got the old-experienced annoyingly good player game on lock

Utah has 5 white players......so do the Lakers???

I think the Raptors have 6 or 7.

I think Webber is a very functional vet coming off the bench.

What's your reasoning?

Philly outright released dude last year.

And they suck.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Who did Philly get for Korver???
    Utah's plan to acquire every white player in the league is a step closer to fruition...

Yes, same could be said of the Pacers and Raptors, too.

utah remains the champ and the originator of this trend
    just like san antonio's got the old-experienced annoyingly good player game on lock

Utah has 5 white players......so do the Lakers???

I think the Raptors have 6 or 7.

If you were to look at Utah's rosters over the past two decades, though, it would emerge as the clear league leader.

In the franchise's defense, however, it's probably not that easy to lure Black free agents to the city.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Utah always has the white dudes who count as 2 white dudes.

And I'm still waiting for them to change their name from the Jazz...Lowlife Mormon Bastards seems like it would work.

And remember, no matter what you are doing...Never Stop Touching the Blessed Jockstrap.

• If you were to look at Utah's rosters over the past two decades, though, it would emerge as the clear league leader.

In the franchise's defense, however, it's probably not that easy to lure Black free agents to the city.

I remember towards the end of his career Derek Harper derailing a possible trade to Utah when he told a reporter who brought it up "You go live in Utah".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    If you were to look at Utah's rosters over the past two decades, though, it would emerge as the clear league leader.

I remember towards the end of his career Derek Harper derailing a possible trade to Utah when he told a reporter who brought it up "You go live in Utah".

I'm saying. Carlos Boozer is all like "It's nothin' to an Alaskan," but otherwise...

• John Amaechi didn't think that it was a very good environment for a gay man, so thats probably keeping a lot of closeted free agents from going there as well.

• I think the Mavericks did some significant work in accruing shitty white talent...really from the mid-90s to the end of the Nellie Era.

To wit:

drafted CHEROKEE PARKS AND LOREN MEYERS with two first round picks

traded the last of the "3 Js" for Shawn Bradley aka Seabiscuit

signed Evan Eschmeyer to a quite imprudent contract

made a big trade for Raef Lafrentz

tried to make a go of it w/ Wang Zhi-Zhi (okay not white but you could even argue that the Asian NBAer has a rougher go than your average whiteboy)

Bill Curley did a stint

Laettner

the big Aussie, Chris Anstey

who can forget Martin Muursepp

Eddie

ANTOIN FREAKING RIGAUDEAU

Pavel

And the latest addition to the fam, Nick Fazekas

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Eddie

NOT (ethnically) WHITE. HE'S HISPANIC.
    I AM OFFENDED.

Eduardo Alonso N??jera P??rez (born July 11, 1976 in Chihuahua, Mexico) is a Mexican professional basketball player in the NBA, currently playing reserve forward for the Denver Nuggets.
    get familiar.

Uwe Blab & Bill Wennington....both in the first round in the same year!!

Detlef too.

• Eddie

NOT (ethnically) WHITE. HE'S HISPANIC.

I AM OFFENDED.

Eduardo Alonso N??jera P??rez (born July 11, 1976 in Chihuahua, Mexico) is a Mexican professional basketball player in the NBA, currently playing reserve forward for the Denver Nuggets.
    get familiar.

Duh. The Wang Zhi-Zhi Principle applies.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You guys ever check out NBA.com's Video Vaults??? Top 10 Finals Show Intros is giving me goosebumps. "Game 4 of the NBA finals...next...(NBA on NBC theme)"

From Wikipedia:

"In May 2007, the NBA renewed its television contract with ESPN, making ABC the broadcast home of the NBA through 2016[/b] . A number of fans have expressed disappointment with the NBA for renewing ABC's contract, citing poor ratings (6.2 for the 2007 NBA Finals featuring the San Antonio Spurs and the Cleveland Cavaliers), lowered fan interest and ABC's poorly received choices in theme music and program content."

ABC's poorly received choices in theme music and program content."

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Them Pussycat dolls interstitials was hot though.

Them Pussycat dolls interstitials was hot though.

Those commercial break segments should enhance the experience, not take away from it.

Now the commissioner cries and tries to get back the intensity and drama by placing those "Where amazing happens" commercials. I think those commercials are weak, imo.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

That would be an absolutely horrible trade. I think the Nets should get rid of Carter though...

• J. Kidd has to go to a team that is primed to win now. The most brilliant most ice cold trade would be Kidd to Boston for Ray Allen. Nets would get some real value and Boston would be ridonkulous.

(note: I am high on painkillers and bourbon right now)

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

(note: I am high on painkillers and bourbon right now)

i envy that shit right now. i am f'n working.