NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    I forgot, he started with the Mavericks.

Does this affect the rarity of my Dallas Kidd jersey?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

Yeah man, his NBA home. We drafted that cat #2. Tied for RotY w/ G. Hill.

I know 'bout the Berkley days. I rooted hard for him and Lamond Murray for two years. Loved it when they beat Hurley & Duke.

Got rid of Nash cause of him, no?

• I forgot, he started with the Mavericks.

I know 'bout the Berkley days. I rooted hard for him and Lamond Murray for two years. Loved it when they beat Hurley & Duke.

No, Nash came in later. Mavs dealt Kidd for I believe Cassell and Finley.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

And the OG 40 Year Old Virgin.....A.C. Green

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts

And the OG 40 Year Old Virgin.....A.C. Green

Is he still...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

But the question is....."Is Harris the best young guard the Nets can get for Kidd?"

He may be.

Thanks for helping me out there. I don't think Devin will end up being the special player Kidd was either.

It would just be pretty cool if Kidd came back home and helped us finally bring in a ring. But I'm a big Harris fan too. It's tough. If you have to give up Bass or Diop, that's REAL tough.

Kidd gets more rebounds than Diop and Bass combined.

Technically he doesn't and that point is fairly ludicrous anyhow.

It doesn't matter, it's probably not happening anyway.

Kidd
    Jones/Terry
    Howard
    Erica
    Dirk

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just heard the news, no KG again tonight.

Congrats Dallas, you get to face a team with a massive hole
    their lineup. It's like going to see the Beatles and finding out
    John Lennon has been replaced by Pat Boone.

U get no sympathy. Ray Allen & Paul Pierce both held down their teams in the past.

Yes Garnett is crucial but damn if i give yall any room to really whine.

3 Hall Of Famers........

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

GP is the type of fan for whom this is cause for elation.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

U get no sympathy.

That's OK, I didn't expect any.

We beat Miami without KG AND Ray Allen the other night -
    - but that's Miami, and they suck. Dallas is a real team.

massive hole

Masshole.......the applications are limitless.

U get no sympathy.

That's OK, I didn't expect any.

We beat Miami without KG AND Ray Allen the other night -
    - but that's Miami, and they suck. Dallas is a real team.

w/out Devin Harris.

"I've seen (an NBA player) having two cars a day to drive. You know, 14 cars," said Raptors sharpshooter Jason Kapono the other day. "Think about how absurd it is. You say 14 cars. All right, you may have some kids, a family of nine. But a single guy having 14 cars?

"It's one thing if Bill Gates wants to do that. But when you're 22 years old and you don't even have kids yet, it's not good."

Kapono, then, wasn't the least bit surprised when a representative of the NBA Players' Association addressed the Raptors recently on matters of financial prudence. A statistic was cited during the meeting that startled some of the hoopsters. It was said that 60 per cent of retired NBA players go broke five years after their NBA paycheques stop arriving.

"How could that be?" said Jamario Moon, the Raptors rookie. "I don't want to believe that stat."

But that stat, used by the players' association to get the attention of young millionaires, is thought to be an educated estimate.

"Sixty per cent is a ballpark. But we've seen a lot of guys who've really come into hard times five years after they leave the league," said Roy Hinson, the former NBA forward who's a representative for the players' association. "The problems are, for a lot of guys, they have a lot of cars, they have multiple houses, they're taking care of their parents. They're taking care of a whole host of issues. And the cheques aren't coming in anymore."

Experienced players like Kapono, who has played on four different teams in his five-year tenure, were not surprised by the number.

"You see how guys live," said Kapono. "A lot of players get in trouble because they want everyone around them to lead the same lifestyle. So you fall into a hole. You buy this big house now for those people, and they no longer want to drive the low-end car to go with the big house. So the big house leads to the big car, to the better clothes, to the better restaurants and stuff. It's a snowball effect. That's why the stat isn't as shocking, because I've witnessed it."

-Toronto Star

• Just heard the news, no KG again tonight.

GP is the type of fan for whom this is cause for elation.

Ease up. You're gettin' a lil too excited up there.

We're down Devin and STack. Typical reg season game w/ both teams not at their best.

Damn, Baron Davis not an All Star.

The foulness!

Yeah, the West is packed with guards these days, but out of 24 roster spots, there should be one for him.

• thanks for chiming in there, stephen.

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

And did you have some sort of a point, like maybe illustrating for us why it would be advisable for Portland to facilitate this Nets/Mavs deal?

If somebody's willing to take back Darius Miles' contract, that's one thing, but I just don't see disrupting their core of young dudes with small contracts at a point when the team has really gelled. Lotta GMs are probably pretty envious of the way things are going up there right now.

I saw Portland last night. They have great young talent, but the bulk of their points seem to be coming from the perimeter. You live by the three, you die by the three. You have three potential franchise players in Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Greg Oden. Guards are a plenty in the L. Jarett Jack, Travis Outlaw, and Channing Frye are nice scorers, but you need complete players to really compete.

I remember somebody asking Mark Cuban, why even CONSIDER a trade in giving up Dirk or Terry or Howard for Kobe, when their team is already among the NBA's elite. The answer was simple. Why not seek opportunities to further improve your team?

Blazers are in a perfect situation right now because there are pretty low expectations for them and they are overachieving based on those expectations. To trade some of those young players who are doing well is probably the only way they could piss off their fan base at this point. The current incarnation of this team needs to play with Greg Oden before we can really figure out who is working out and who isn't. The hypothetical trade involving New Jersey and Dallas doesn't make sense to me for the Blazers. They are not exactly stacked with tall guys who can score and they are going give up Frye and Outlaw and exchange one young guard for another young guard?

thanks for chiming in there, stephen.

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

And did you have some sort of a point, like maybe illustrating for us why it would be advisable for Portland to facilitate this Nets/Mavs deal?

If somebody's willing to take back Darius Miles' contract, that's one thing, but I just don't see disrupting their core of young dudes with small contracts at a point when the team has really gelled. Lotta GMs are probably pretty envious of the way things are going up there right now.

I saw Portland last night. They have great young talent, but the bulk of their points seem to be coming from the perimeter. You live by the three, you die by the three. You have three potential franchise players in Brandon Roy, Lamarcus Aldridge, and Greg Oden. Guards are a plenty in the L. Jarett Jack, Travis Outlaw, and Channing Frye are nice scorers, but you need complete players to really compete.

I remember somebody asking Mark Cuban, why even CONSIDER a trade in giving up Dirk or Terry or Howard for Kobe, when their team is already among the NBA's elite. The answer was simple. Why not seek opportunities to further improve your team?

Blazers are in a perfect situation right now because there are pretty low expectations for them and they are overachieving based on those expectations. To trade some of those young players who are doing well is probably the only way they could piss off their fan base at this point. The current incarnation of this team needs to play with Greg Oden before we can really figure out who is working out and who isn't. The hypothetical trade involving New Jersey and Dallas doesn't make sense to me for the Blazers. They are not exactly stacked with tall guys who can score and they are going give up Frye and Outlaw and exchange one young guard for another young guard?

I believe Thug Nasty's invocation of the one Mark Cuban and the inspirational mantra that "we should all constantly strive for betterment" was supposed to dead the matter.

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

I believe Thug Nasty's invocation of the one Mark Cuban and the inspirational mantra that "we should all constantly strive for betterment" was supposed to dead the matter.

Yeah well Mark Cuban's team should strive for betterment. They took their best shot in the NBA finals against the Heat and lost (suspect, I know) and what have they done to improve since then? That team needs some shakin' up. (Before the Dallas fans get cranky at me, I'm not saying they are a bad team. But that team is constructed to win it all now, and yet they seem at least one piece away.)

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

The foulness!

Yeah, the West is packed with guards these days, but out of 24 roster spots, there should be one for him.

The foulness!

Faux....who would have left off to put Baron on??

Shame Deron Williams didn't make it either....West is stacked at G.

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

Yeah well Mark Cuban's team should strive for betterment. They took their best shot in the NBA finals against the Heat and lost (suspect, I know) and what have they done to improve since then? That team needs some shakin' up. (Before the Dallas fans get cranky at me, I'm not saying they are a bad team. But that team is constructed to win it all now, and yet they seem at least one piece away.)

Completely agree; the question of whether or not Cuban would be willing to trade the League's leading cream puff for its best player is in no way analogous to the question I asked about Portland.

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

Completely agree; the question of whether or not Cuban would be willing to trade the League's leading cream puff for its best player is in no way analogous to the question I asked about Portland.

They shoulda tried to trade Dirk Diggler for Garnett.

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

The NBA thread welcomes your accurate assessments! hi baldy (no MJ).

was i talking to you?

Was I talking to you?

They shoulda tried to trade Dirk Diggler for Garnett.

I'm hoping the combined denigration in this thread of Cuban/Noswagski and Thug Nasty's rhetorical abilities will lead to an alliance between our dude and the one GP...

• Damn, Baron Davis not an All Star.

The foulness!

Faux....who would have left off to put Baron on??

Shame Deron Williams didn't make it either....West is stacked at G.

I was pretty psyched to see Brandon Roy made the all star team, but I couldn't really have complained if B. Davis or D. Williams were voted on instead. Ultimately I think that B. Davis and S. Jax were hurt in their all star bids by the fact that coaches vote for the reserves and both those guys have been headaches for their coaches in the past.

Don't worry, your representatives will be here momentarily!

• It would just be pretty cool if Kidd came back home and helped us

Home?

The boy is from the Bay...

Yahmean?

And while you're doing the knowledge, tenderberries, peep that track 10 "What the Kidd Didd":

Just pulled this out and I have to say I actually kinda like J. Kidd's singsongy G-Funk style. Plus he had the good taste to let Money B write for him.

Don't worry, your representatives will be here momentarily!

Ah, yes--were it not for the pesky intervention of others, you would doubtless have unmanned me long ago.

The Special Friends Club strikes again, depriving you of the rhetorical glory that is rightfully yours.

• I guess you feel like you're fully back after you took your lil' powder when things got rough for ya, huh faux?

Good game tonight. We'll see you dudes back in Dallas in March.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

"How could that be?" said Jamario Moon, the Raptors rookie. "I don't want to believe that stat."
    i think that's a different statement coming from moon. dude bounced around the D-league making crap money and spent time doing the euro-thing. Shit, he was on the Harlem Globetrotters at one point. Something tells me he knows how to stretch a dollar when he needs to-- he was elated upon the realization that the raptors provided him with free socks upon his arrival in toronto.