THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    You know who lost? TIKI BARBER.

& Jeremy Shockey.......

The talk I heard was that Shockey was constantly on Eli's ass....in the locker room, on the field, etc.......just ripped the guy whenever he wanted and Eli sat back and took it.......amazingly Eli really started to play well after Shockey went out with his injury. I even heard one guy say that if you go back and look at most of Eli's interceptions from the first half of the season they were passes to Shockey where he didn't run the route correctly.....not sure if all this is accurate but it kinda makes sense.

I heard this too. Without Shockey pressuring Eli to throw to him (through lockeroom harassment or whatever), Eli was able to do his check-down's better and throw to the more open, downfield targets. Wonder what will happen next season, as Boss seems to be an able replacement and Eli has established this is his team -- not Shockey.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Dear Lord........where do i begin ?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    If that's a recent picture, dudes in good shape for being that far removed from football.

SOI, Jaymack, KK, GBH, and the rest of the Boston heads. Thank you guys for not being sore losers and generally not talking crazy shit all season. You are good sports fans, I appreciate that.

I'll miss the good-natured and sometimes heated shit-talking from this thread. See you all next season.

I guess we'll have baseball.

Don't miss disaster #2

Don't miss disaster #2

Word. Life.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    SOI, Jaymack, KK, GBH, and the rest of the Boston heads. Thank you guys for not being sore losers and generally not talking crazy shit all season. You are good sports fans, I appreciate that.

Yeah, we know: sportsmanship/courtesy = not a concept you grasp.

2007 Patriots: 18-1

2007 Dolphins: 1-15

Have a good laugh, pal. Your team still sucks.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

2007 Patriots: not champions

2007 Dolphins: not champions

Does sportsmanship include defending the unsportsmanlike actions of your head coach ? I would never make excuses for that crap he pulled after the game ....And i would never support cheating.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Does sportsmanship include defending the unsportsmanlike actions of your head coach ? I would never make excuses for that crap he pulled after the game ....And i would never support cheating.

LA columnist, Bill Plashke is all over this one.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Dear Lord........where do i begin ?

How very sporting of you. Are you aware of the concept of irony?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Alright, that was funny.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• Nice to bump this on....

NEW SCHEDULE DAY!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008, here we come!

Dear Tuna,

Bring us Ocho Cinco.

• Ed, who do you want the Dolphins to get #1?

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Dear Tuna,

Bring us Ocho Cinco.

I don't think a football field is big enough to contain the egos of both Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens at the same time. But as a Bengals fan I welcome getting rid of Chad's overrated ass.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    KC better not get rid of Jared Allen.

Ed, who do you want the Dolphins to get #1?

Jake Long [/b]

- He hasn't allowed a sack, or been penalized this season.

- Long has 27 consecutive starts

- In his 4 year career at Michigan, Long has allowed just 2 sacks and committed just 2 penalties.

- was penalized just once in 1,743 plays.

- With the addition of G Justin Smiley and current Miami OT Vernon Carey back at his natural position on the right side, the Dolphins would finally solidify their offensive line

Chad's overrated .

• Solid choice. They should either get Long, Ryan or Dorsey.

Saints make trade offer for Giants' Shockey[/b]

The Newark Star Ledger reported the New Orleans Saints offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper for New York Giants tight end Jermey Shockey.

• Saints make trade offer for Giants' Shockey[/b]

The Newark Star Ledger reported the New Orleans Saints offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper for New York Giants tight end Jermey Shockey.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high a price.

• Saints make trade offer for Giants' Shockey[/b]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high a price.

I'd do the second. But not Roman. Shockey has some years left and our offense really needs a playmaking TE.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I wouldn't mind that Shockey trade. Getting Harper for safety means we could get a linebacker in the draft, since we lost some because of free agency.

How come the Pats got such an easy schedule?!?!?!!!!
    Seems to me AFC North and NFC East teams got the toughest schedules.

• I wouldn't mind that Shockey trade. Getting Harper for safety means we could get a linebacker in the draft, since we lost some because of free agency.

How come the Pats got such an easy schedule?!?!?!!!!
    Seems to me AFC North and NFC East teams got the toughest schedules.

Schedules are a crap shoot...And, it is helped by the terdilicious state of the 2007 AFC East, and the Pats getting to play all those teams x 2. Those teams also have easy schedules, but they appear harder. Why? Because you have to factor the Pats into their schedule, as they play a 16-0 (reg. season, of course...) twice.

You could map out 14 of the 16 games from now until eternity if you wanted to for any team. The last two are based on order of finish; eg., division champs play division champs, #2 vs. #2, etc.