THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Man, you think that game was tough on some fans, what about that author.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, 18-1 doesn't have quite the same ring, does it?

• Damn, what a game. And to think..I almost missed it(got around a tv right when the second half was starting).

• Hmmm, fairweather fans in NYC? Long as I've lived here it's either Giants or Jets... Now, in the last couple years what you do have is a bunch of MOTHERFUCKIN BOSTON fans crowding every sports bar in town.

As the article poasted above doth show, there is still some sac left in NYC!

What a game.

What's weird is the apartment above me had some kind of time delay on their TV, maybe satellite as opposed to cable? ANY time something happened, there was like a 20 second gap between my hootin' and hollerin' and them. I felt like damn, that has gotta SUCK.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Classy

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Not really a fan of NYG or NE, but that was one of the best Superbowls I've ever seen.

(Even the half-time show was great. Tom Petty killed it.)

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    After the first quarter, that game was painful to watch. The Giants D-line was incredible???even rushing three they were getting pressure on Brady. I think I even saw a sack on a three-man rush.

I'm not going to lie???I thought the Pats had it in the bag before the game. I really did.

So, CONGRATULATIONS GIANTS FANS! That was no cheap win. Your boys played like their lives depended on it, and won in every phase of the game. You deserved the victory.

Any trash talk or reminders of my hubris over the course of the season are welcome. Take your shots, if you like. I will take my comeupance like a man.

Eli escape is incredible, but this is the BEST CATCH EVAR.

• That catch boggles my mind. He managed to hang on to that w/ Rodney Harrison of all people fighting like hell to pop it loose. How did it stick on his helmet like that and not go squirting out? Insane shit.

On the replay angle you can see that Tyree, as he's going down, has the ball pined to the top of his helmet with just one hand. He's using the other hand to swat Harrison's hands away. Unbelievable.

In the end, it was the NYG defense that won that game. They pretty much ruined Brady. How many times was he hit and sacked?

I believe it was 5 sacks, and either 9 or 10 knockdowns. Never mind all the hurries.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've talked shit about the Pats all year and was glad to see the Giants win.

Why??

Well, I like Tom Brady...dude is obviously one of the best of all-time and still has many good years ahead of him....I like Junior Seau, dude has always been class. I don't even hate on Randy Moss although I think he blew his chance at being considered the GOAT by taking a few years "off" in Oakland.

So why do I root against the Pats.....their friggin arrogant, a-hole Coach. There is nothing likable about this dude.....he's in a class with Bobby Knight as miserable, unlikeable coaches. I would root against any team this guy coached.

And I think his arrogance is what ultimately cost him his once-in-a-lifetime season by going for that 4th & 13 instead of kicking the FG which was well within his kicker's range.

I know he's brought home trophies, and I'm sure the Pats fans love him, but you have to realize the guy acts like a Dick, comes off as a Dick and by all logic, is probably a Dick.

• As the article poasted above doth show, there is still some sac left in NYC!

Classy

Hey man, you know I do not endorse violence but imagine what would happen if Boston all of a sudden became THE destination city (chuckle) for NYers and when you went to a sports baaahr there were a bunch of mofos in Giants jerseys or Yankee hats.

I'm sure Bostonians would be reeeeal classy about it.

I've talked shit about the Pats all year and was glad to see the Giants win.

Why??

Well, I like Tom Brady...dude is obviously one of the best of all-time and still has many good years ahead of him....I like Junior Seau, dude has always been class. I don't even hate on Randy Moss although I think he blew his chance at being considered the GOAT by taking a few years "off" in Oakland.

So why do I root against the Pats.....their friggin arrogant, a-hole Coach. There is nothing likable about this dude.....he's in a class with Bobby Knight as miserable, unlikeable coaches. I would root against any team this guy coached.

And I think his arrogance is what ultimately cost him his once-in-a-lifetime season by going for that 4th & 13 instead of kicking the FG which was well within his kicker's range.

I know he's brought home trophies, and I'm sure the Pats fans love him, but you have to realize the guy acts like a Dick, comes off as a Dick and by all logic, is probably a Dick.

And I loved it when they dragged his ass back on the field for that last second.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Classy

Hey man, you know I do not endorse violence but imagine what would happen if Boston all of a sudden became THE destination city (chuckle) for NYers and when you went to a sports baaahr there were a bunch of mofos in Giants jerseys or Yankee hats.

actually every tool from long island and jersey has gone to school in boston for decades now...

back to football, one of the most exciting superbowls i've ever seen, hats off to the giants...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Aiyyo, once upon a rhyme where the scenery sets, you see stress
    Streets a matter of life and death, no regrets
    Life???s a test, strife, wit special effects
    Neighbourhood???s full of reps, cities are projects
    Where the young cadets get stripes from the vets
    And comrades quest to be the next, to finess
    Collect debts and select bets with death threats
    Object - chedder, better your total net
    Where trends are set from ways to express the outfits
    Friends get wet tryin??? to make ends connect
    Avenues to check, boulevards to sweat
    The smell of gunsmoke more common than cigarettes
    We got clicks for wreck
    We like pits for pets
    We got GIANTS and jets, the knicks, yanks and mets
    We like much respect and sex extra wet
    And high-tech dialect you ain???t catch yet

Classy

actually every tool from long island and jersey has gone to school in boston for decades now...

It's true. I had one such drunken asshole on my train ride home last night, gloating about the Giants win. However, while I was tempted to stomp on his skull, I did not. There lies the difference.

And when you say "bah," there is no "r" at the end. That's what the "h" is for.

• isn't that tyree guy like the 4th string wr on the giants ? crazy shit.

btw who won mvp last night ? i was thinking it should have gone to the giants d or at least that tuck guy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    isn't that tyree guy like the 4th string wr on the giants ? crazy shit.

btw who won mvp last night ? i was thinking it should have gone to the giants d or at least that tuck guy.

eli mann-up.....mvp

Classy

Come on, dude. Sucker-punching someone in the face and then kicking
    them in the head repeatedly while they are on the ground, putting them
    in the hospital, over a FOOTBALL GAME is s ome lame-ass psychotic
    jock bullshit, and you know it. When you posted that the other day, I thought
    it was on some "wow, look at this psycho loser" shit, not "look NYC is back on
    the map" ... it's only disturbing to me because I think of you as better than that.

And as pointed out, Boston is filled to the brim with New Yorkers. Boston University
    is like 70% tri-state malflackas every single year. Whatevs - enjoy the win Giants fans,
    your team played one hell of a game and earned everything they got.

• That was a great post, Rock. I don't really think BB is a dick, just a football automaton. I actually had a lot of respect for how the Pats did their thing but the cheating stuff has tarnished that a little bit. Where there is smoke there is some fire.

I didn't have *too* much of a problem with them not going for the FG. I had heard and read several analysts comment that "they don't go for 50 yarders with Gostkowski". Punting wasn't an option there and they had converted third and longer earlier in the game.

But I do think arrogance was somewhat at play last night. Watching Brady's reaction to Burress' prediction on Wedneseday seemed telling in hindsight. There was a degree in arrogance the way he initially laughed it off. Anecdotal evidence that means nothing, I agree. But think about this, you'd have to say, going in to the game that the Patriots seemed to have a talent and skill advantage in the majority of one-on-one matchups. Throughout last night's game however, more NYG players outexecuted the Pats guys one-on-one. It sounds cliche, but the Giants really appeared to "want it more".

Besides all of that though, this is modern sports. ESPN is the ringleader of a media circus that wants to immortalize every team and every body. You play that shit on a loop for two weeks and teams get frothing mad. This shit was *just* like that USC "Greatest Team of All Time" set-up that got them beat in the Rose Bowl.

• 5 Best Super Bowls I've Watched, in no order

Pats/Giants
    Giants/Bills
    Titans/Rams
    Pats/Rams
    Broncos/Packers

Honorable mention: Pats/Panthers

• As the article poasted above doth show, there is still some sac left in NYC!

Classy

Come on, dude. Sucker-punching someone in the face and then kicking
    them in the head repeatedly while they are on the ground, putting them
    in the hospital, over a FOOTBALL GAME is s ome lame-ass psychotic
    jock bullshit, and you know it. When you posted that the other day, I thought
    it was on some "wow, look at this psycho loser" shit, not "look NYC is back on
    the map" ... it's only disturbing to me because I think of you as better than that.

And as pointed out, Boston is filled to the brim with New Yorkers. Boston University
    is like 70% tri-state malflackas every single year. Whatevs - enjoy the win Giants fans,
    your team played one hell of a game and earned everything they got.

Oh jesus dude, you know what I meant when I poasted it.

There used to be a time in this city where a dude might get some shit for wearing a Boston hat.

These days, 75% of the city wears Boston hats.

TAKE THAT SCHITT BACK UP THE SHAAAAH SON!!!

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts

NICE HAT

Dude should have learned his lesson from Romo. LEAVE YOUR HO AT HOME!

• But hey, you guys got Lebron and Brady sportin' Yankees lids. It's all incestual at this point.

There used to be a time in this city where a dude might get some shit for wearing a Boston hat.

Yeah, and at that time you lived in Oakland

• There used to be a time in this city where a dude might get some shit for wearing a Boston hat.

Yeah, and at that time you lived in Oakland

As far back as 1995 when I moved here, this was the case.

Didn't start seeing the MASSExodus until at least 2001.

Nice try, though. I've been here long enough.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts