THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• On the road to the Big Show!!!! Who you got and why?

Jaguars vs Steelers: I'm giving it to the Jags, but I'm a little uncertain since it is in Pitt, but then again they beat them there this year already.

Titans vs Chargers: I don't know who to pick, don't really like either team. Chargers were strong in the second half of the season but didn't look at all together in the first half, a lot of bullshit. Titans haven't beaten any quality opponents all season. I'm going with the Bolts

Giants vs Bucs: Fuck you Jeff Garcia!

Redskins vs Seahawks: Seattle made it to the playoffs? So goes the NFL in '07. I think Joe Gibbs and the fellas are highly emotional which will make for good football.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    On the road to the Big Show!!!! Who you got and why?

Jaguars vs Steelers: I'm giving it to the Jags, but I'm a little uncertain since it is in Pitt, but then again they beat them there this year already.

Titans vs Chargers: I don't know who to pick, don't really like either team. Chargers were strong in the second half of the season but didn't look at all together in the first half, a lot of bullshit. Titans haven't beaten any quality opponents all season. I'm going with the Bolts

Giants vs Bucs: Fuck you Jeff Garcia!

Redskins vs Seahawks: Seattle made it to the playoffs? So goes the NFL in '07. I think Joe Gibbs and the fellas are highly emotional which will make for good football.

Jaguars vs Steelers[/b]: Jags. Sorry, Raj, but you're Steelers have been looking mighty suspect, and Jacksonville has been looking more and more solid over the last month or so. Big Ben doesn't get it done.

Titans vs Chargers[/b]: Titans. Go fuck yourself, San Diego.

Giants vs Bucs[/b]: Jints. They looked awfully good last week against the Pats. Eli could easily throw this game away, but I have a sneaking suspicion he'll play well in the first round before self-immolating in the second round.

Redskins vs Seahawks[/b]: Skins. If only because the idea of Seattle having a football team is still funny to me. Nice unis???is that teal?

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Skins @ Hawks: Everyone's high on the Skins cause they're hot and it would be a great story, but Seattle has a deep receiving crew against a vulnerable Skins secondary. The Seattle defense has also been underrated this year. Seahawks[/b]

Jaguars @ Steelers: The Jags' run D hasn't been as good as past years, but without Parker, the Steelers will have to rely on Big Ben. This may become a shootout, which is the last thing you would think of when you think of these two teams, but both offenses have opened it up more this year. Garrard has been fantastic, and with MoJo & Fragile Fred behind him, has the upper hand. Jaguars[/b]

Giants @ Bucs: Eli has shown some progression this year, but I really like this Tampa team. Garcia, Galloway and Hilliard are old geezers, but they get the job done on offense along with Earnest Graham, who has been great since they lost Cadillac & Pittman. I also like the Bucs' D better than the Giants' D. If the Giants can get to Garcia, they have a great chance, but I don't think that'll happen. Bucs[/b]

Titans @ Chargers: I don't think the Titans are quite there yet. And with injuries to their most important players (VY & Haynesworth), this may be a blowout. Norv will win 1 more playoff game than Marty did. Chargers[/b]

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Jaguars @ Steelers: The Jags' run D hasn't been as good as past years, but without Parker, the Steelers will have to rely on Big Ben. This may become a shootout, which is the last thing you would think of when you think of these two teams, but both offenses have opened it up more this year. Garrard has been fantastic, and with MoJo & Fragile Fred behind him, has the upper hand. Jaguars[/b]

I'll be the only one on earth to predict a Steelers win.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    When will you east-coast centric mofos give the San Diego Chargers some respect? I predict big thangs from the Bolts.

• Jaguars @ Steelers: The Jags' run D hasn't been as good as past years, but without Parker, the Steelers will have to rely on Big Ben. This may become a shootout, which is the last thing you would think of when you think of these two teams, but both offenses have opened it up more this year. Garrard has been fantastic, and with MoJo & Fragile Fred behind him, has the upper hand. Jaguars[/b]

I'm with you, Raj. Way too much flavor of the month love to the Jags. Just don't see them winning twice in Pitts in one month. I know Parker is gone, but Ben is a pretty solid QB, no doubt.

And, I will give the Chargers love when they earn it...that team, coach, and QB, are way too inconsistent to trust come playoff time.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This NFC game has certainly turned exciting in
    the second half. Last man standing time.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

I got your back, Raj. And karma is on our side too. This is what I found for $28 at an Atlanta antique store today:

Steelers in a close win, 27-24

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    Granted the pass was way off, but Santana Moss is terrible.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Whatever hommie! LOL.

Redskins vs Seahawks[/b]: Skins. If only because the idea of Seattle having a football team is still funny to me. Nice unis???is that teal?

Stop drinkin' the haterade foolio!

They were wearing lime green shoes.

LOL! Son, lime green shoes is whats really good in the playoffs!!!!!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The Cowboys are glad to be rid of the Redskins.

Thanks Seattle.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Nice second pick, Ben. Way to play like refried ass.

Nice second pick, Ben. Way to play like refried ass.

Barf. Didn't know last year's Ben was in the house tonight.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Wow, it is getting ugly now.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Yup. Oh well.

Why wouldn't you go for 2 there and make it a 10 point game?
    It doesn't matter if the lead is 11 or 12 ... ?

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts

One reason might be if your Offensive Coordinator is a) an idiot and/or b) named Arians.

That pass that Holmes just caught has been available to Ben all Frickin' night. Now, why our Defense waited until right NOW to wake up is beyond me, but HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

• debardebar 215 Posts

Because if you're down 12, a field goal on your next possession still makes it a two possession game. If you're down 11, a field goal on your next possession makes it a 1 possession game.

One reason might be if your Offensive Coordinator is a) an idiot and/or b) named Arians.

That pass that Holmes just caught has been available to Ben all Frickin' night. Now, why our Defense waited until right NOW to wake up is beyond me, but HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Holy shit. I turned this game off until I read this thread. Now we got.. a game!

A lotta jawing going on too.

haha you dudes are worse than me!

throwing in the towel before halftime and shit.

sometimes a game is a

haha you dudes are worse than me!

throwing in the towel before halftime and shit.

sometimes a game is a

I went from being OK with the Steelers' season being over enjoying a scotch and soda...to haveing my heart jump out of my chest!

what a shit ending.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

LOL! Son, lime green shoes is whats really good in the playoffs!!!!!

You people need a design lesson or two. Teal is the color the Charlotte Hornets debuted in.

Seattle has the best combined W-L record in the NFC over the last 4 years. Anyone still in disbelief of their team has not been watching football or suffers from the debilitating East Coast Fever. Help is available, though - Television??? and The Internet??? are new products that help you experience a fuller, more informed lifestyle. Ask your doctor if Television??? and The Internet??? are right for you (some users may experience headaches, dry mouth, and certain sexual side effects).

Seattle has the best combined W-L record in the NFC over the last 4 years. Anyone still in disbelief of their team has not been watching football or suffers from the debilitating East Coast Fever.

Except that in the past 10 years they have only made it
    past the divisional round of the playoffs once, the year
    they went to the Super Bowl and got stuffed by Pittsburgh.

So people tend not to expect much from them in the postseason.

I was glad to see them beat the Redskins today, though.