UGK Album Release (finally)

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i figure the 2004 houston albums got people into ugk much more than the single with jay

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i figure the 2004 houston albums got people into ugk much more than the single with jay

while that could be true i think big pimpin made a lot more people 'aware' of them.

I think all of the things yall are talking about are factors in exposing them to a larger market.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i kind of think jay killed it on 'big pimpin' - on the canopy, my stamina be, enough for pamela anderson lee

his pop single tracks in the last couple years haven't touched stuff like that

I think he is absolutely cringeworthy on that cut (as is his hat in the vid) and that line is a great example.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i kind of think jay killed it on 'big pimpin' - on the canopy, my stamina be, enough for pamela anderson lee

I think he is absolutely cringeworthy on that cut (as is his hat in the vid) and that line is a great example.
    whats cringeworthy about it?

whats cringeworthy about it?

Not bad meaning good but bad meaning bad: it's embarrassing.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Back on topic, the album has hit the internet.........

Edit: And, on an admittedly hurried, first skip through the tracks, it sounds really, really, good.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    The album sounds REALLY good.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I'm listening to it right now.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Two thirds of the way through and loving it so far. I do believe this is going to take a while to digest as a whole but I think I just had Talib Kweli give a highly decent guest spot on Real Women?

Two thirds of the way through and loving it so far. I do believe this is going to take a while to digest as a whole but I think I just had Talib Kweli give a highly decent guest spot on Real Women?

There's an almost frightening shortage of filler on this record. Disc 1 is one of the strongest, most consistent things I've heard in a long while, and the production is really rich throughout. Even the guest spots are strong, and I'm not big on albums with huge guest lists. That said, their guest spot on Kweli's album's pretty good, as it goes. I will definitely be copping this.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would love to hear this record. Is it available?

I think it came out in the US Tuesday? I'm going to shoot into town tomorrow and try and cop an import at HMV or somewhere.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think it came out in the US Tuesday? I'm going to shoot into town tomorrow and try and cop an import at HMV or somewhere.

Comes out this coming Tuesday (8/7)

I knew the release date was finally for real when I saw a commercial on teevee.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

you get UGK commercials?! where is that? we get Diana Krall and Canadian Idol winners

you get UGK commercials?! where is that? we get Diana Krall and Canadian Idol winners

Haha..... this was in Wilmington NC last week, can't remember what channel... it was brief and low-budge. Its pretty unusual to see a commercial for an album so it stood out anyway.

I remember some wild commercial for a Wu-Tang album years ago w/a swarm of CGI bees.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Finally got a chance to download this. HOLY CRAP.
    "you might kill yourself when you see the suicide doors"

Sounds good so far, a couple questionable guest spots, but in all, it sounds promising. It's a lot to take in so I have to reserve overall judgment until I've had a chance to absorb both discs. I'm loving the Life is Too Short remake. Lots of other cool stuff. Quit Hatin' the South is great. I'm gonna have to buy the proper release of this next week. Especially if it has the DVD.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You little dudes are going to go out and buy this tomorrow, right?

• Best Buy at lunch. Wonder what my chances of gettin the DVD jammie are? Harvey, you know any spots that will have the 3 disc version?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    You little dudes are going to go out and buy this tomorrow, right?

But Faux_Rillz, they're...they're....OLD!

Hip Hop is YOUTH music, remember?

• Anyone else been enjoying Pimp C's verse on "COULOURS" ??

That girl want a wild bull between her laaaiigggss

• Best Buy at lunch. Wonder what my chances of gettin the DVD jammie are? Harvey, you know any spots that will have the 3 disc version?
    went to best buy this morning, the regular 2 cd version was 9.99 and the 2cd with dvd+ a best buy bonus song was 12.99, i bought the one with the dvd

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    UGK day everybody.

Best Buy at lunch. Wonder what my chances of gettin the DVD jammie are? Harvey, you know any spots that will have the 3 disc version?
    went to best buy this morning, the regular 2 cd version was 9.99 and the 2cd with dvd+ a best buy bonus song was 12.99, i bought the one with the dvd

That's what's up! 12.99 for 2 cds, a dvd, and a bonus song. I'm going to best buy tonight.

That's what's up! 12.99 for 2 cds, a dvd, and a bonus song. I'm going to best buy tonight.

Got it. The 3 disc version is in one of those ol' school fat-daddy double disc cases so be on the lookout. Great deal.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Best Buy at lunch. Wonder what my chances of gettin the DVD jammie are? Harvey, you know any spots that will have the 3 disc version?

Got it. The 3 disc version is in one of those ol' school fat-daddy double disc cases so be on the lookout. Great deal.

Where'd you get it?

I'm hoping Music Mania...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Three 6 Mafia on International Players Anthem goes hard

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    hit the block.

Where'd you get it?

I'm hoping Music Mania...

Nah man I work North so I went to Best Buy.