UGK Album Release (finally)

1235»

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    yeah btw in case anyone was wondering, album of the year
    also, fuck a single-cd version. sorry noz

more ugk = better ugk

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    does anyone know why 'top drop dyne' never made it to the album? not sure if that was already discussed.

'chrome plated woman' is probably my favorite track right now.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    does anyone know why 'top drop dyne' never made it to the album? not sure if that was already discussed.

^^^^i agree w/ both of these thoughts ... top drop dyne is hard as fuck and there's really no excuse

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

^^^^i agree w/ both of these thoughts ... top drop dyne is hard as fuck and there's really no excuse

I never caught that track, anyone got a link? Definitely potential for album of the year. On a side note, considering that Bun has been the main focus for many years, it felt to me like Pimp C was the bigger presence on the album.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

I never caught that track, anyone got a link? Definitely potential for album of the year. On a side note, considering that Bun has been the main focus for many years, it felt to me like Pimp C was the bigger presence on the album.

you can catch it at Yayo Spliffs

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Ah, looking forward to hearing this, cheers jlee (and noz)

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Ahh, see I heard there were bonus tracks on the best buy release, but I thought that was just the double cd + dvd release and the bonus tracks were the intl playas with 3-6 and the screwed version and the ti track. Didn't know this was extra bonus stuff.

As per the DVD, just in case anybody is wondering, it's the exact same shit that they were showing on BET, and it's even edited for TV. What a scam, I would have bought the cheaper one had I known I could see the same shit on TV every 6 hours for 3 weeks on BET. It's all good though, because even with the DVD, it was only $14. I was just hoping for something exclusive or - at the least unedited - on that DVD, but no such luck.

The album still bangs though.

• There's two versions of "Top Drop Dyne" on the double I got. One at the end of disc 1 (on the same track as "Trill N***** Don't Die" w/ no separation) and one at the end of disc 2.

Did Cory Mo produce both of these versions?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    STILL RIDIN DIRTY IS SO SICK.

Scarface soundin like Rick James on the hook. Brad Jordan is mad talented.

isnt that the cut that just bites an old mike dean beat?