UGK Album Release (finally)

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    too long but very good.

shoulda been one cd w/ ONLY the bangers

what's up w/ all the "message" songs?

• Pimp C goes hard though. I haven't even listened to disc 2 yet.

What's up with the "message" songs? Why, you don't like? They've got a platform now...you know Bun got some shit to say. A good look.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I think this is the album of the year so far. It makes me wish I was back in Atlanta so I could ride to it.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I think this is the album of the year so far. It makes me wish I was back in Atlanta so I could ride to it.

The overload of tracks takes it down a notch for me.

Album of the year...maybe. There some good ass shit on this album.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

This and Redman are definitely the best 2 rap albums of the year so far for me. I think this is the most consistent double disc rap album ever. Even the songs that aren't "bangers" are still very good and very listenable. The biggest problem with this album is the dizzee rascal verse and the pimpin' ken ramblings on an otherwise great track. I even don't mind the talib appearance, although he sounds like he's trying too hard to impress somebody. still a good track, nonetheless. 9.0 overall, yeah i said it. My long list of favorites so far from this album goes something like this:

Swishas and Dosha, Int'l Playas Anthem, Chrome Plated Woman, Life is 2009, The Game Belongs To Me, Like That (remix), Underground Kingz, Quit Hatin' the South, Trill N*****s Don't Die, Still Ridin' Dirty, Stop 'n Go, Cocaine, Candy...

Shit is banging throughout.

• It's weird, on the cd I got......"Trill N****s Don't Die" goes RIGHT into, I believe, "Top Drop Dyne". Same track with no separation. It was just kind of jarring the first time I heard it. That beat is sick too.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

This and Redman are definitely the best 2 rap albums of the year so far for me. I think this is the most consistent double disc rap album ever.

I am saying.

It's a double disc and dudes can only find two or three songs to complain about.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

This and Redman are definitely the best 2 rap albums of the year so far for me. I think this is the most consistent double disc rap album ever.

I am saying.

It's a double disc and dudes can only find two or three songs to complain about.

True.

I didnt need the chopped a screwed version of the single.

• True.

But that's just it...YOU DO.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I am saying.

True.

Those were bonus songs though and shouldn't be considered part of the album. The way I understand it, the regular double disc version without the DVD doesn't have either of the versions of Int'l Playas Anthem with tirple six or the TI song. The TI song doesn't fit in with the album at all. It sounds like a mixtape song.

• Album of the year...maybe. There some good ass shit on this album.

Quit Hatin' The South!

The TI song doesn't fit in with the album at all. It sounds like a mixtape song.

I really like that track, but you're right that it would have interrupted the continuity of the album.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I am saying.

True.

Those were bonus songs though and shouldn't be considered part of the album. The way I understand it, the regular double disc version without the DVD doesn't have either of the versions of Int'l Playas Anthem with tirple six or the TI song. The TI song doesn't fit in with the album at all. It sounds like a mixtape song.

I have the 2disc version w/out the dvd. And the 3 "bonus" songs are present.
    Bonus Schmonus. Shit is part of the album and it was excessive IMO.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I am saying.

True.

Dude, do you realize how absurd this complaint sounds? It's not like the tracks you're taking issue with are sprinkled throughout the album interrupting the continuity; they're clumped together at the end--just pretend the disc ends there and pop in disc 2.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I am saying.

True.

Dude, do you realize how absurd this complaint sounds? It's not like the tracks you're taking issue with are sprinkled throughout the album interrupting the continuity; they're clumped together at the end--just pretend the disc ends there and pop in disc 2.

There are 29 songs. Twenty fuckin' nine. w/ about 20 guess stars. WTF.

ashurt....Ill be dat.

too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I am saying.

True.

ashurt....Ill be dat.

^^^^^WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL BERNARD AND CHAD COME TO HIS APARTMENT AND PERSONALLY EJECT THE DISC PRIOR TO THE BONUS TRACKS.

lol

still 8.0

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    too long but very good.

Not even an 8.5?

I am saying.

True.

ashurt....Ill be dat.

I honestly can't even get mad at the guest list, and I usually expect something more like a mixtape than an album when it has that many guests. I can see how Diz's verse would sound strange, but for a UK rapper to get on a major-label US rap release (and not on the bonus cuts, either) is a real achievement.

Anyway, album of the year so far.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ^^^^^WILL NOT BE SATISFIED UNTIL BERNARD AND CHAD COME TO HIS APARTMENT AND PERSONALLY EJECT THE DISC PRIOR TO THE BONUS TRACKS.

YOU GON SMELL MY COLOGNE

condensed version plaese

condensed version plaese

Rightchere

But, really, why not make your own?

condensed version plaese

Rightchere

Of course I could.

Im just being a monkey wrench in the "its a great album" discussion.

Is is me or does Kool G.Rap sound uninvolved on Next Up.

Rightchere

Is this Noz's blog? I have to know, if the full length version of UGK is "deep in the top ten", what is surpassing this so far this year?

• two dick-sucked-under-streetlight moments

I know, I was really hopin for at least four.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This shit is cold blooded, I can???t believe people are knocking these beats. This is fucking light years ahead that fucking AARP rap that Common dropped a minute back.

This shit is cold blooded, I can???t believe people are knocking these beats. This is fucking light years ahead that fucking AARP rap that Common dropped a minute back.

I've been thinking bout, I've been thinking bout
    I've been thinking bout you lately
    Thoughts take me to when we were close
    Addicted to your love, feel I need another dose
    I know it's a feeling that should be long gone
    Things seem to come up when I hear our song
    Golden brown girl, it seemed so long
    Since I heard your voice, where did the king go wrong?
    Emotions that, that they linger on
    I guess cause I never knew a love so strong
    So many hot girls I need your warm
    The taste of your mouth girl I need your warm
    Good food and love I need your warm
    This here was made before we were born
    A dreamer so I'm a keep dreaming on
    It's kind of like 'The Breakup' with Jen and Vince Vaughn[/b]

• If I have to offer one criticism of the album, it's that I don't really need two minutes plus of Pimpin' Ken.

If I have to offer one criticism of the album, it's that I don't really need two minutes plus of Pimpin' Ken.

album highpoint

If I have to offer one criticism of the album, it's that I don't really need two minutes plus of Pimpin' Ken.

Sayin'. I think I'm gonna re-edit that track because I really like the song but I hate Dizzee Rascal and the Pimpin' Ken shit.