UGK Album Release (finally)

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    FYI: UGK special on BET starting now (at least in CO).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The part where Talib attempts to lift Pimp C's flow makes me want to kill myself, though.

Did he really do that?

Yeah, ridiculous. Talib needs to leave the south alone. Haha.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah, ridiculous. Talib needs to leave the south alone. Haha.

U think he asked to be on the album?

No, UGK was on his album I think, it was a trade off, no? I didn't mean it like that, I meant just in general. It makes sense to have some New Yorkers on your album if you wanna do any numbers.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    It makes me wish I was back in Atlanta so I could ride to it.

sayin

im about to rent a zip car just to ride to this bitch.

It makes sense to have some New Yorkers on your album if you wanna do any numbers.

Fuck New York

No, UGK was on his album I think, it was a trade off, no? I didn't mean it like that, I meant just in general. It makes sense to have some New Yorkers on your album if you wanna do any numbers.

Nah, I don't think any of their guests are on there for business reasons.

Especially Talib--it ain't like he sells records in New York.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

It does? I think you have this backwards.

Well, I guess maybe 10+ years ago. My bad.

Yeah they are probably just peoples. Whatever. Talib still sucks and shouldn't be on southern rap albums, regardless of whether he asks to be or not.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003625922

After a five-year absence from The Billboard 200, UGK returns to the tally in a big way as "Underground Kingz" debuts at No. 1. The hip-hop troupe's first chart-topper, the Jive set moved 160,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, the best sales week ever for UGK and its members, Bun B and Pimp C. UGK's previous charting and sales best came with 2001's "Dirty Money," which bowed at No. 18 with 98,000.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    what did Common's record do its first week?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    what did Common's record do its first week?

It went Golden Kufi.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    also does this mean they sold only 80,000 copies? cuz thats really disappointing, #1 or not.

• also does this mean they sold only 80,000 copies? cuz thats really disappointing, #1 or not.

MTV.com says Common sold 155,000. I had the exact same question about the double albums.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    also does this mean they sold only 80,000 copies? cuz thats really disappointing, #1 or not.

No, Soundscan doesn't double up like that, only RIAA.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    160,001[/b]

i went to Virgin Times Square, picked up about 5+ CD's including the UGK. On the way out the door i looked at the receipt and dude forgot to charge me for the UGK. never in my life have i ever thought about going back just to give the artist the sales #'s...

i didn't....but still it crossed my mind

thought that counts?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

No, Soundscan doesn't double up like that, only RIAA.
    ahh ok thats cool

im glad they beat common, even if only by 5,000

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

MTV.com says Common sold 155,000. I had the exact same question about the double albums.

Harvey's right - Soundscan doesn't double units so this means that UGK managed to out-sell Common with an album, twice as long (and presumably more expensive) but without crossover saturation (or Gap ads). Don't get me wrong - I actually like the Common album but I'm glad to see UGK putting it down like this.

Are they getting any commercial radio play? "Candy"?

also does this mean they sold only 80,000 copies?

No, but it does mean that they're more than halfway to a gold certification.

• also does this mean they sold only 80,000 copies?

No, but it does mean that they're more than halfway to a gold certification.

Exactly. 64% of the way there, to be exact.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm just glad to see 2 solid albums actually selling. I bought both so that's what's up.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    version with dvd in sweden = 359 kr = 50$

• version with dvd in sweden = 359 kr = 50$

damn son! you pay that?

i like this album alot but it's not better than devin's

Ive heard International Player on the radio this summer.

Im curious too see how many mo singles/videos drop. I want 3 to 4.

Ive heard International Player on the radio this summer.

Im curious too see how many mo singles/videos drop. I want 3 to 4.

Yeah, Int'l Playas was quite the hit this Summer.

There is a video for The Game Belongs To Me but I haven't seen it yet. I haven't even watched the DVD that came with the album yet, haven't had time. It's probably on there. Did they do a Stop n Go video? If so, that would make at least three.

Candy is the shit. So is Chrome Plated Woman. I wanna see a Quit Htain' The South video. So many good songs on this album. I'm happy for these dudes. True kings of this shit. COUNTRY RAP TUNES!

I wanna see a Quit Htain' The South video. So many good songs on this album.

No doubt.

But I think Souf artists like UGK dont have to prove themselves to the hatters at this point. If cats wanns sleep. Let them.

You just cant expect the "headz" to become "experts" of the the sound.

As soon as Hip Hop totally embraces shit is when it usually fades.

Fuck total exceptance.

I hear you, I just want to see the video for me to enjoy, fuck it if people ain't feelin' these cats by now.

• STILL RIDIN DIRTY IS SO SICK.

Scarface soundin like Rick James on the hook. Brad Jordan is mad talented.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i'm late to the party but i finally bought this today. does anyone else think that is a john barry sample on the like that remix? specifically james bond. i love this track, but have to bump it in the headphones at work? i can't wait for the instrumentals