Post an obscure fact.

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Bernie Hamilton, who played Captain Dobie in the Starsky and Hutch TV series, co-wrote and produced Arthur Adams' jazz-funk/boogie classic "You Got The Floor".

• 99.9% of all species have become extinct on Earth.

Where did the other .01% become extinct? OUTER SPAAAAAACE!

The word Galaxy derives from the Greek term for our own galaxy, galaxias (γαλαξίας), or kyklos galaktikos, meaning "milky circle" for its appearance in the sky.

In Greek mythology, Zeus placed his son born by a mortal woman, the infant Heracles, on Hera's breast as she was asleep, so that the baby would drink her divine milk and would thus become immortal. Hera woke up while breastfeeding, and realized she was nursing an unknown baby: she pushed the baby away and a jet of her milk sprayed the night sky, producing the faint band of light known as the Milky Way.

galaxias (γαλαξίας), or kyklos galaktikos... I wonder if these words are related to Lactose somehow? I bet they are. In latin. Or something.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    The Gugenheim museum was constructed with a special concrete designed to remain white at great expense, but a year after it was built they painted it white.

• G.I. Joe was also directly responsible for coining the term 'action figure'; when the toy was designed, it was considered 'inappropriate' for a boy to play with a doll, and parents would be resistant to buying them. According to company lore, anyone who used the 'D' word in reference to the toy was in very serious trouble, indeed.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    99.9% of all species have become extinct on Earth.

Um, they're still alive?

• 99.9% of all species have become extinct on Earth.

Um, they're still alive?

No, they became extinct in outer space. I thought I made this clear.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    99.9% of all species have become extinct on Earth.
    if really true, then this is sad.

No its not. Its nature.

well,okay, then im happy ...

pffft.

They weren't delicious enough to survive. That's their problem. Or it would be if they still existed.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Homosexual dolphins do each other in the blowhole.

Yup.

- J

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Yup.

- J

what if they are lesbians?

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

Yup.

- J

They l*ck each other's blowhole?

• There is a little basketball court in the top of the Matterhorn at Disneyland.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Yup.

- J

They l*ck each other's blowhole?

Find out and enlighten me. I wondered that myself.

- J

• Frogs have teeth. But only the top teeth.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    There is a little basketball court in the top of the Matterhorn at Disneyland.
    I have wanted to play on that court ever since I read about that a few years back.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    -Joe Montana (and several other 49ers) sang background on Huey Lewis and the News' "It's hip to be Square"

-Huey Lewis and the News' "It's hip to be Square" is quite possibly, the worst song of all time.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bob Kane, the creator of Batman, is from The Bronx.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    On May 25, 1969 Led Zeppelin opened for the Who at Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, MD. It was the only show the two bands ever did together.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I wonder how many people will actually click on that link for evidence of that. Personally, I think I'll just take your word for it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Michael Myers mask in Halloween is a William Shatner mold.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    the medical term for the asscrack is the gluteal cleft

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    Zyzzyx Road made $30 at the box office

Japan has the most advanced toilets in the world, complete with computers, nozzles and flashing lights.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    One in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    While trying to set a record as the world's heaviest hang glider pilot, wrestler Andre the Giant crashed so violently that he lost his sense of smell.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Mother Teresa spent three months in a Turkish prison.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    chewbacca is small for his race...

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    In Amy Winehouse's hit song "Rehab" she sings: 'Cos there???s nothing, nothing you can teach me That I can't learn from Mr. Hathaway'. Many people assume she means American soul singer Donny Hathaway. An avid day trader, Winehouse is actually referring to the head of Berkshire Hathaway, the "Oracle of Omaha", Warren Buffet!

• Octopus and goats have square pupils.