WHEN DOES THE NEW SEASON OF WIRE START?

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

I never much cared for Brother Muzone's character

Prejudice against the Nation Of Islam revealed

lol prejudice by whom, the Wire writers? I'm not the one that chose to portray the only NOI member in the series as a cold-blooded assasin the most well-read character on the show[/b].

I SAID HARPER'S!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

lol prejudice by whom, the Wire writers? I'm not the one that chose to portray the only NOI member in the series as a cold-blooded assasin.

No, just because you said you didn't like him (I happened to love this character)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

lol prejudice by whom, the Wire writers? I'm not the one that chose to portray the only NOI member in the series as a cold-blooded assasin.

No, just because you said you didn't like him (I happened to love this character)

simple difference of opinion revealed

lol prejudice by whom, the Wire writers? I'm not the one that chose to portray the only NOI member in the series as a cold-blooded assasin the most well-read character on the show[/b].

haha I'd say that distinction goes to the Bunk. Muzone had the periodicals locked down, but Bunk was/is well versed in the great works.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

haha I'd say that distinction goes to the Bunk. Muzone had the periodicals locked down, but Bunk was/is well versed in the great works.

"They (the Greeks) also invented ass fucking" related

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

and all state lacrosse player.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Who played against Omar.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Who played against Omar.

i thought it was against omars older brother? either way, bunks one of my favorite characters, the scene where he shows up in a sweatsuit was funny as all hell.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Man I SLEPT on that $25 season one DVD deal from a while back, I'm mad doggies. I really want to go back and watch everything from the beginning again. I think I watched it all too fast (all four seasons in a couple months) and parts of it are escaping my memory.

• Bodie going down was probably the hardest death to take the whole season. But like he said, "you're not going to put me in one of those abandoned houses!" BLOWE BLOWE!

yeah the writers were really successful, at least from my perspective, in creating an (almost) respectable person out of a drug dealer. I never had a soft spot for Stringer, as so many viewers seemed to have had (admittedly most of them probably female). but Bodie's inadvertently issuing a death sentence to his boy Kevin, the raw frustration at the crime scene when he kicks in the patrol car windows, his final conversation with McNulty, and his defiant exit, all combined to make for a pretty tragic death. you really sorta had to agree with McNulty when he said, "you're a soldier, Bodie."

That scene w/ McNutty and Bodie talking in the garden deal was so fucking great. I get chills just reading and thinking about it. RIP Bodie.

Namond is the kid the system saved. Randy is the kid the system fucked. Snitching sure didn't help. FUCK YOU HERC!!!!!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    just finished season 4.
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit. so good.

FUCK YOU HERC!!!!!

for real.
    fuck you for giving up randy and fuck you for screwing over bubbles.

so who gave him up to IAD? i'm guessing it was carver.
    whoever it was deserves a medal

And, the most tragic of all: Randy. Now that shit was sad.

his smile was way too big for his own good

May I also add: one of my favorite scenes ever:

one of my favorites too. but its also very "ayo"

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    And, the most tragic of all: Randy. Now that shit was sad.

his smile was way too big for his own good

Yeah, we finished Season 4 last night, too. Randy's storyline was the one that really stuck with me and seemed saddest of all--and that's sayin' something.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    This thread is such a goddamn tease, seriously. I just watched the end of S2 last night. When does the new season get leaked?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It appears as if Best Buy has all 3 seasons on sale for $39.99 this week. The ad is a bit confusing, though, so it may only be the 3rd season that's on sale.

FUCK YOU HERC!!!!!

so who gave him up to IAD? i'm guessing it was carver.
    whoever it was deserves a medal

thoughts?

• It appears as if Best Buy has all 3 seasons on sale for $39.99 this week. The ad is a bit confusing, though, so it may only be the 3rd season that's on sale.

I think it's $39.99 per season on sale. At least in Chicago, that is how it do. So times that by three for the whole shebang. If it is $39.99 for all three, i anticipate a race for the ol' Grip And Flip[/b]. I can't wait to hibernate in my living room for the next season, but I don't want to kill the zone to watch more. Is this for real the last last last last one? My favorite shows always tend to have the shortest life span. sucks. i'm feeling a lonely future of re-runs and mad moody loops.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Finally watched the last episode of S4 this weekend and was not at all prepared for how bleak it was going to be.
    I hate the Marlo character and that Mikey and Dook have fallen in with him, Randy and Bubbles stories are heart-breaking and Bodie! I liked him more and more as a character this season, but mainly I thought dude was such a good actor. They're all good, but I thought he had great presence and timing and all that.
    I have a boot, so no subtitles and the audio is not super clear - what does Butch say to Omar when they're at the truck and are deciding to sell back to Prop Joe what they stole...Butch says something and they both have a good laugh, but once it sinks in, Omar stops laughing...what did Butch say to him?

Finally watched the last episode of S4 this weekend and was not at all prepared for how bleak it was going to be.
    I hate the Marlo character and that Mikey and Dook have fallen in with him, Randy and Bubbles stories are heart-breaking and Bodie! I liked him more and more as a character this season, but mainly I thought dude was such a good actor. They're all good, but I thought he had great presence and timing and all that.
    I have a boot, so no subtitles and the audio is not super clear - what does Butch say to Omar when they're at the truck and are deciding to sell back to Prop Joe what they stole...Butch says something and they both have a good laugh, but once it sinks in, Omar stops laughing...what did Butch say to him?

yeah I had trouble discerning that as well.

I determined that they had not yet "decided" what to do with the dope but were just laughing at the absurdity of the idea of actually selling the dope back to the dudes they just stole it from. then Omar starts thinking like, "actually....that's not a bad idea...."

maybe I'm wrong.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

yeah I had trouble discerning that as well.

I determined that they had not yet "decided" what to do with the dope but were just laughing at the absurdity of the idea of actually selling the dope back to the dudes they just stole it from. then Omar starts thinking like, "actually....that's not a bad idea...."

maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah, that was my interpretation as well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Cool - thanks - that makes sense.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    From Two Broken Lives to One New Beginning[/b]

Their separate stories of decline into drugs and violence are nationally known: Mr. Andrews was the inspiration for the character Omar Little, a ruthless thug who stalks dealers on the HBO series ???The Wire.??? Ms. Boyd was the protagonist of ???The Corner,??? an HBO miniseries that chronicled her fall into addiction.

But the story of their shared redemption is less widely known. On Aug. 11, they are getting married after a lengthy courtship that was as much about turning their lives around as it was about finding each other.

i still have four more episodes to go in season 4 so i had to keep myself from reading through this thread, but just wanted to let you dudes know season 5 was gonna air this fall but it got pushed to early '08.

BLAMMMMO!

i still have four more episodes to go in season 4 so i had to keep myself from reading through this thread, but just wanted to let you dudes know season 5 was gonna air this fall but it got pushed to early '08.

BLAMMMMO!

Uh oh. They use Black Thought on the promo.

Faux is gonna be PISSED.

*Edit*

That is Black Thought, right? Damn it, if I got that wrong, Moist is gonna be PISSED.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

BLAMMMMO!

I wonder if they're trying to synch it up with the UK scheduling? FX, which shows it over here, has just finished re-running Season 1, and is following that with re-runs of seasons 2, 3 & 4 in succession, by which time Season 5 should be just about ready to go in the US. It'd be great if we got it at the same time as you guys.

BUY IT NOW!!!

FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING!!!

ONLY $38.99!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    BUY IT NOW!!!

ONLY $38.99!!!

Ordered!

Shipping estimate for these items:[/b] December 10, 2007

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    BUY IT NOW!!!

ONLY $38.99!!!

still trying to build up that wire collection huh?

just finished watching all of season 1 again on demand. looking forward to season 5!