Girlfriend bugging in my shop

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench.

That's good and all, but have you thought about a full on manicure station.
    Then you'd be legit, I heard Bleeker Bob's has one now.

My wife, who has also been to Good Records and has sat on said bench, just said, "if he put in a manicurist, I would totally go back."

Well, Paychecks girl is asian.

EWEF!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Dudes...man up. I was in Stockholm a few weeks ago and my girlfriend let me dig for as long as i want after i explained to her that serious records were in the place. After that she paid for my rekkids and shot a little video of me diggin in the store. Just get yo point across. If it doesn't work, y'all better compromise and spend some quality time with her after/or before diggin. It's really simple.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench. I have the pseudo park bench with the table and some fly magazines and the village voice and a fucking WATER COOLER. Goddamn man a girl can chill and drink some water and shit! She doesn't have to do shit! Just let her man do his thing.

My girl only comes along if we're out of town, and while she insists on hanging out with me she's not happy in a record store for more than maybe 5-15 minutes.

There's one spot I go to on vacation with a whole lounge area w/at least one couch, a TV showing DVDs, and mags/books... NOT GOOD ENOUGH. She still gets extremely unhappy, and will sometimes go sit in the car fuming until I'm done.

haha, i was just about to say your girl brought that nintendo DS with her last time she came by the store, i didn't know she hated it like that... tell her next time she can comandeer the remote... we have direct tv! and a couch! and a water cooler!... or she can comandeer the computer

Oh shit, I forgot she has been in your spot a couple times... and you guys have all those same accoutrements!

Anyone who spends that much time with me will basically learn to hate records.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    you got a TV in your store JP?

perhaps having a little TV/DVD combo constantly playing movies or Reality TV shows would do

ya know the dudes would dig all they want and they ladies be sitting at your bench drinking and watching TV shows...doing the girlie chit chat thing

that might work no?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    WATER COOLER

dissolve some tranquilizers in there.

wait that sounded hella wrong.

I just mean to mellow them girls out that's all.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench. I have the pseudo park bench with the table and some fly magazines and the village voice and a fucking WATER COOLER. Goddamn man a girl can chill and drink some water and shit! She doesn't have to do shit! Just let her man do his thing.

My girl only comes along if we're out of town, and while she insists on hanging out with me she's not happy in a record store for more than maybe 5-15 minutes.

There's one spot I go to on vacation with a whole lounge area w/at least one couch, a TV showing DVDs, and mags/books... NOT GOOD ENOUGH. She still gets extremely unhappy, and will sometimes go sit in the car fuming until I'm done.

haha, i was just about to say your girl brought that nintendo DS with her last time she came by the store, i didn't know she hated it like that... tell her next time she can comandeer the remote... we have direct tv! and a couch! and a water cooler!... or she can comandeer the computer

Oh shit, I forgot she has been in your spot a couple times... and you guys have all those same accoutrements!

Anyone who spends that much time with me will basically learn to hate records.

tell her to call ahead next time and we'll set up the wii... fuj will whip her ass in bowling!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    WATER COOLER

B**'s dating tricks revealed.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Hahaha

Maybe break out the weed instead?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    WATER COOLER

B**'s dating tricks revealed.

nah man I can pull those girls with the bench alone.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

that last thread was classic

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    WATER COOLER

Stock a couple of bottles of wine in the shop. You can get good bottles for under $10. Then the girls will feel oh so great while sipping on some red.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    nah man cuz then their men would think you hitting on their girl

business going straight out the door.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    ...now i just gotta find one that's into music and uncrazy.

You sir, just put my life's quest into words.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    YO bobbydee! i thought there's mad cool chicks over in brizvegas thats into funk grooves and hiphop beats ??!

ain't it so?

nah man I can pull those girls with the bench alone.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The funny thing is, anyone who has been to GRNYC
    knows that you can go through the entire stock in
    30 minutes or less ... I mean, this ain't no "flip
    through thousands of terds" spot, it's a specialized
    store with a select stock.

But then again, despite the turn this discussion took,
    it seemed ol' girl's problem wasn't the waiting, it was
    that Timmy was spending their meal money on latin raers.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this thread is comedy! but i have witnessed an ex-boyfriend go completely nuts because we lagged with breakfast motivation one hungover saturday morning and his blood sugar dropped which in turn shortened his fuse but as soon as pancakes were all up in his face everything was normal and nice again. isn't low blood sugar conducive to crabbiness? seriously, dudes never been hongry?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    now i just gotta find one that's into music and uncrazy.

I know from experience. This is harder than it looks.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My local spizzot has a beer kitty for all us regulars. Owner buys a case and we just chuck $2 in a money box to pay for the next case.

It's awesome, plus they probably think oyu spend more when you're a little juiced. I think I probably do too. It sure makes digging more fun too.

YO bobbydee! i thought there's mad cool chicks over in brizvegas thats into funk grooves and hiphop beats ??!

ain't it so?

I've found a couple... brisneyland has mostly 2 groups (like anywhere I guess)
    the pseudo hipster alternates and the 's
    (does that graemlin make anyone think of alf stewart?)

The interesting girls come out of thee woodwork for live shows and/or good dj's, but lord knows where they hide the rest of the time.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    OK, so I'm cool with spending some time at Groove Merchant or whatnot, but how come my man has a total hissyfit when I just want to browse the Neiman Marcus clearance shoe sale??? Hello? MarcJacobRaersHalfOff?

DOUBLE STANDARD!

OK, so I'm cool with spending some time at Groove Merchant or whatnot, but how come my man has a total hissyfit when I just want to browse the Neiman Marcus clearance shoe sale??? Hello? MarcJacobRaersHalfOff?

DOUBLE STANDARD!

I'm just sayin' Anna - Neiman's boyfriend couch is mad wack. They need to hook up an XBox 360 or some shit. At least a Cosmopolitan (aka women's magazines that men sneak peaks at) but instead, if there's anything, it's like...Vogue or WWD or whatever. I mean, unless I can read about how you're (as in women) are supposed to be pleasing me (aka "your man") then I don't need to know what the Spring line coming out of Milan looks like (that's what Project Runway is for).

I mean, JP has a WATER COOLER. You thirsty at Neiman Marcus? SOL.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    now i just gotta find one that's into music and uncrazy.

I know from experience. This is harder than it looks.

I just gave up on the music/uncrazy double, I am convinced it doesn't exist. I've gone from 'not into music & way crazy' to 'way into music & a bit crazy at times', I fear that is the closest I will get but I am not unhappy with my current upgrade/situation.

DOUBLE STANDARD!

I'm just sayin' Anna - Neiman's boyfriend couch is mad wack. They need to hook up an XBox 360 or some shit. At least a Cosmopolitan (aka women's magazines that men sneak peaks at) but instead, if there's anything, it's like...Vogue or WWD or whatever. I mean, unless I can read about how you're (as in women) are supposed to be pleasing me (aka "your man") then I don't need to know what the Spring line coming out of Milan looks like (that's what Project Runway is for).

I'll fuck with a vogue. Be it living or regular. You'd be surprised how many good coversations are started by commenting on what a woman is wearing in relation to current collections.
    They either a) spent a shitload on what they are wearing and appreciate you know it or b) didn't spent much but appreciate you thinking that it's haute couture (it shows their shopping prowess)

Study them vogues menfolk!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

DOUBLE STANDARD!

Please, you think Neimans doesn't have a water cooler? Them bitches will serve you an ice cold Evian if you ask nice.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    word!

i'm taking notes here.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

DOUBLE STANDARD!

Please, you think Neimans doesn't have a water cooler? Them bitches will serve you an ice cold Evian if you ask nice.

i think they got pastries and coffee at the neiman marcus too. if i get impatient, i can picture a bearclaw and hot cocoa makng everything alright

DOUBLE STANDARD!

i think they got pastries and coffee at the neiman marcus too

Word? I guess I need to convince my wife to go shopping at NM more often then.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

DOUBLE STANDARD!

What are you doin draggin your man through Needless Markup anyway? That place gets the major gasface.
    edit: i understand they get a lot of shit in that nobody else gets, thus, the reason to go there. I've got personal issues w/ that place relating to one specific story. I'll tell you about it next time I see you out Anna, if you remind me.