Girlfriend bugging in my shop

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
So this chick is wilding on her man right now! He is gripping a madd stack and she is wilding! She is talwmbout what are we gonna eat tonight! She gets the gasface! I want some money! Help me out strutters... how can I tell her to chill without being a dick?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wave a coupon for sizzler in front of her face than throw it out the door

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    So this chick is wilding on her man right now! He is gripping a madd stack and she is wilding! She is talwmbout what are we gonna eat tonight! She gets the gasface! I want some money! Help me out strutters... how can I tell her to chill without being a dick?

Offer the boyfriend a discount if he kicks her out. You'll lose some money but secure a sale.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Why did he even bring her in there?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

That sounds like a Family Guy scene waiting to happen.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Alright he copped some stuff. She was mad as hell!

Boyfriends, why do you do it to yourselves????

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Alright he copped some stuff. She was mad as hell!

Boyfriends, why do you do it to yourselves????

SERIOUSLY. Real headz should know that if you're going to go record shopping and unless your girl is down to help you look, best to say, "I'll see you in an hour, peace!"

Btw, I think "girlfriends in the store" thread might be as entertaining as "my favorite DJ requests."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    She is talwmbout what are we gonna eat tonight!

Bean dip, baby. Bean dip offa Stark.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    unless your girl is down to help you look

http://itsatrap.net/

Out in the field you often see the digger dude with his girl standing around board as fuck or just totally silent and aloof.

It's funny cause I'm either a) there by myself, or b) there with my girl who likes helping and enjoys looking for stuff.

Digger guys who bring their girls when they're not into it are wack.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Out in the field you often see the digger dude with his girl standing around board as fuck or just totally silent and aloof.

It's funny cause I'm either a) there by myself, or b) there with my girl who likes helping and enjoys looking for stuff.

Digger guys who bring their girls when they're not into it are wack.

True, but I always wonder what's wrong with the chick to stand for such nonsense as well. Glad you got some $$$ Jonny!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    If my wife and I are out and I find a stash she has no problem with me looking, but I would never take her to a shop unless there is another store in walking distance that she wants to check out.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench. I have the pseudo park bench with the table and some fly magazines and the village voice and a fucking WATER COOLER. Goddamn man a girl can chill and drink some water and shit! She doesn't have to do shit! Just let her man do his thing. But some girls just gotta be all up in your shit.

Homeboy if you're reading this, thanks for the purchase! Next time leave the girl at Anna, up the street.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    what are we gonna eat ? hes no baller.

Next time leave the girl at Anna, up the street.
    I see some good advertising opps for Anna to put up some fliers in the shop with this msg.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Women throwing temper tantrums in public is the epitome of NAGL. It reminds me of how a couple of months ago, I, along with a customers in a relatively crowded neighborhood hamburger joint, witnessed this 30-someodd year old lady just tearing into this shy-looking, minimum wage earning teenage cashier for having her meal, which appeared to be a complicated special order to begin with, arrive after a slightly long wait, only to have it include easily removeable toppings and condiments she didn't request. It's even worse when these types of women have the arm fat jiggle, headroll/necksnap action going on. I dated a girl like that back in my single and desperate days and I was so close to dragging the brat out by her ear Sunday School style after a MASSIVE weirdout in the middle of a supermarket (*no, I'm not a violent person. Hyperbole.)

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench. I have the pseudo park bench with the table and some fly magazines and the village voice and a fucking WATER COOLER. Goddamn man a girl can chill and drink some water and shit! She doesn't have to do shit! Just let her man do his thing. But some girls just gotta be all up in your shit.

Homeboy if you're reading this, thanks for the purchase! Next time leave the girl at Anna, up the street.

That's a good look Jonny. What magazines you got?

If I'm at one a those shoe boutiques, they always have a copy of FHM or the New Yorker. Cartoons and airbrushed butts for an hour and I just have to tell her to get the pair with tallest heels that are still comfortable. (And she tells me to get the cheapest good record(s) that I don't have.)

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

this shit had me rollin'!! all i gotta say is when when my fiance is out shopping and i'm a tagalong, some mags, h2o, and bench is more than we dudes are offered. it's more like an incomfortable couch and minute by minute updates about outfit appearances... all dehydrated.

if girls expect patience from their mans, mans expect the same from the women...

fall back and let me cop raer. thanks

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    ps-All them hipster girls wanna read O. Don't front.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

That's a good look Jonny. What magazines you got?

If I'm at one a those shoe boutiques, they always have a copy of FHM or the New Yorker. Cartoons and airbrushed butts for an hour and I just have to tell her to get the pair with tallest heels that are still comfortable. (And she tells me to get the cheapest good record(s) that I don't have.)

Was in NYC last week, and hoping to avoid Good Records, because I am broke. Well, that didn't work, and I ended up blowing a grip of $$$ at the shop.

BUUUUUUUT, the point of this is. I only ended up at the shop because I was meeting my sister at work at NYU, and in the neighborhood- but she was TOTALLY patient and entertained by the bench/mag table while I got my spontaneous dig on.

Everybody won- including her, who I bought a couple glasses of wine for at a wine bar immediately afterward as a thank you.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    tell her she can check her myspace while dude shops. peace, stein. . .

a girl can chill and drink some water and shit!

------------------------- Thankyou Johnny!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Yo, how many her have had they girl lose it because you were shopping or diggin for hours?? Sounds Classic!!!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench.

Johnny, you should put a "girlfriend Bench" sign on there. That would be instant classic material right thurr.

Oh, oh,... and if a guy sits down after digging for a while even for a second, you should jump up from behind the counter and yell at him all like "what the fuck man... it don't say digger bench now does it foo'?"

and shit

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    Yo, how many her have had they girl lose it because you were shopping or diggin for hours?? Sounds Classic!!!

i'm not as serious a digger as some of you guys are so i'm not usually in any shops for more than an hour. i've been lucky enough to have dated a good number of girls that were actually really into music that could look around and find shit that they were into. they definitely weren't lookin for raer but they'd go look in the indie CD sections and keep themselves occupied. now i just gotta find one that's into music and uncrazy.

Johnny, you should put a "girlfriend Bench" sign on there. That would be instant classic material right thurr.

I think we need to have a photoshopped spec of this, preferably with Tony Montana manning the desk.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

That's good and all, but have you thought about a full on manicure station.
    Then you'd be legit, I heard Bleeker Bob's has one now.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench. I have the pseudo park bench with the table and some fly magazines and the village voice and a fucking WATER COOLER. Goddamn man a girl can chill and drink some water and shit! She doesn't have to do shit! Just let her man do his thing.

My girl only comes along if we're out of town, and while she insists on hanging out with me she's not happy in a record store for more than maybe 5-15 minutes.

There's one spot I go to on vacation with a whole lounge area w/at least one couch, a TV showing DVDs, and mags/books... NOT GOOD ENOUGH. She still gets extremely unhappy, and will sometimes go sit in the car fuming until I'm done.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

That's good and all, but have you thought about a full on manicure station.
    Then you'd be legit, I heard Bleeker Bob's has one now.

My wife, who has also been to Good Records and has sat on said bench, just said, "if he put in a manicurist, I would totally go back."

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    See the thing is I have the girlfriend bench. I have the pseudo park bench with the table and some fly magazines and the village voice and a fucking WATER COOLER. Goddamn man a girl can chill and drink some water and shit! She doesn't have to do shit! Just let her man do his thing.

My girl only comes along if we're out of town, and while she insists on hanging out with me she's not happy in a record store for more than maybe 5-15 minutes.

There's one spot I go to on vacation with a whole lounge area w/at least one couch, a TV showing DVDs, and mags/books... NOT GOOD ENOUGH. She still gets extremely unhappy, and will sometimes go sit in the car fuming until I'm done.

haha, i was just about to say your girl brought that nintendo DS with her last time she came by the store, i didn't know she hated it like that... tell her next time she can comandeer the remote... we have direct tv! and a couch! and a water cooler!... or she can comandeer the computer