Girlfriend bugging in my shop

1235»

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Now these situations would never happen if you??d just get a shop together that sells SHOES and records. Maybe some accesories...

- J

A friend of mine (and very active hip hop dj) Frank Lo just opened up an art gallery/women's shoe store that, so far, is .

I'll be spinning the second opening there this weekend. Last month, the credit cards got flashed:

(he set up an iMac with Photo Booth which made for a good party toy)

[this is not a Good Records should sell shoes recommendation ... just some related nonsense]

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    In all seriousness, you could diversify and throw a few vintage clothes and shoes on a rack in a corner for chicks to check out and maybe buy on the side if the gfs and wives come in frequently and unwillingly.

One of the reasons Long in the Tooth has a book corner is to quell tag-a-longs, and has worked decently. Some music-related stuff, sure, but also a lot of oddities, coffee table books, classics, art books, poetry, philosophy, comics, blah blah blah. I've seen the works of Sartre and Camus quell arty gfs for upwards of 10-15 minutes, books on pimping entertain the tipsy comedy club entourage waiting for their one digger friend, colorful art books and children's works pacify kids (for a minute or two, at least) as the dad about town kept asking for "5 more minutes", etc.

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts

I think the worse is the guys on vacation that come with a van full of kids and relatives, spend 2 hours digging while the rest of the family sits in the car, sending someone in every 5 minutes to ask "Daddy, are you done yet? I'm hungry". Dad says "almost done" with out looking up and with out meaning it.

Oh my, this is indeed the worst! You get the feeling that this is the ONLY time dad is allowed in a record shop.

I've stopped this behavior after doing it for about 20 years. But yes, those road trips are my only chance for digging.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Jonny: buy a cheap-ass TV set and one of those $20 all-in-one joystick/Ms PacMan things. Chicks dig Ms PacMan, that should keep them entertained long enough.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Chicks dig Ms PacMan, that should keep them entertained long enough.

Sorry, but I can't see me saying "here, baby - play some
    Ms. Pac Man for 45 minutes" going over too well. Maybe
    when my girlfriend and I were 17 ... even then, probably not.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This all is some frivolous shit - what record stores really need is a goddamn kitchen in the corner so these BFs and GFs can all be getting our dinners ready so there's no waiting once we get home. S/he can be dishing it out while we're putting the new record on and ta da!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Mario cart on the other hand...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Mario cart on the other hand...

tetris people....tetris

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    This all is some frivolous shit - what record stores really need is a goddamn kitchen in the corner so these BFs and GFs can all be getting our dinners ready so there's no waiting once we get home. S/he can be dishing it out while we're putting the new record on and ta da!

Yes, and a landrymat too!!!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This all is some frivolous shit - what record stores really need is a goddamn kitchen in the corner

Oh, I don't know how well that would go over. "Relax honey???they've got a place for folks like you. It's called "a kitchen." Now get in there and whip me up something nice! I'll be looking through records."

• Don't get me friggin' started! I love my girl. Hands down the biggest supporter I got. This woman understands and accepts the fact the I collect. But if we're on a trip, and I find a shop, it's like 10 mins of skimming and her outside going,"we'll come back later" and shit. I had to agree to go to this crazy all natural eco store thing to check and see if they had the latest hip eco friendy thing. When we hit the spot, the first thing I notice are these crazy things made out of cloth, upon closer inspection they were reuseable menstrual pads! I bugged out of there faster than you can awkward! The estrogen was like mega heavy!

• Don't get me friggin' started! first thing I notice are these crazy things made out of cloth, upon closer inspection they were reuseable menstrual pads! I bugged out of there faster than you can awkward! The estrogen was like mega heavy!
    Why waste? Cotton baby sox work good too as re-usable tampons. Just some shedded cells that needa be soaked up. No big whoop. Feminine hygeine industry got us all convinced we need to use disposable, overpriced, chlorine toxic, plastic crap they sell. When womenkind's been surviving for millenia without their corporate nastiness. Kimberly Clarke can lick my bleeding axe wound!