NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yo Jimbeam, you wanna start a NBA news wire?

Dude. Cats in San Antone would give up their firstborns if Timmy D. would but merely ask.

This was hilarious, btw.

www.theonion.com

Tim Duncan Staring At Wall Right Now[/b]

SAN ANTONIO???Two-time NBA MVP Tim Duncan has been sitting in his living room next to his packed gym bag and clad in his Spurs warm-up jersey for the past three months, concerned teammates reported Monday. "I called him several times and he didn't pick up," said guard Tony Parker. "And when I got worried enough to go look through his window, I saw him just sitting there. I'm pretty sure he's conscious and not in any pain, but it doesn't look like he's moved since late June." The Spurs front office confirmed that Duncan requested a call at midnight on Oct. 1 to ensure he did not miss the first day of training camp

That's merely public perception. Real headz apparently know that he's actually funny as hell.

Hell yea.

• In opening statements yesterday, Thomas' lawyer Kathleen Bogas denied that the Knick honcho had ever acted inappropriately toward Sanders, either verbally or sexually. She called him "nothing other than a total gentleman."

Is employing a female lawyer a tactic that the defendant uses to gain more credibility for his case? It sure seems that way.

Bitch please! Isaiah don't give a fuck about those white people!
    Am I the only one disappointed that "bitch please!" will catch on in this thread moreso than "off-site"?

I've already used "off-site" in two conversations today. (Both times it was met with confusion-- the workplace vernacular is not on Thomas' level.)

i just used "off-site" in describing an upcoming dj gig. as in, "we'll be taking things 'off-site' next saturday!"

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i hope the other dj was hot.

yeah. i've been drankin. what?

Yo Jimbeam, you wanna start a NBA news wire?
    read truehoop dude.

Holy facemelt.

somehow you knew Stephon wouldn't disappoint.
    Here he is after telling reporters the trial was a "tough situation"

Marbury also insisted he never heard Knicks coach Isiah Thomas call Browne Sanders a "black bitch" or "ho" as she testified earlier, saying it was "not his style."

For his own part, Marbury said, "I didn't call her a black bitch. I called her a bitch."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basket...s_back_sea.html

IIII.....really don't care about all these New York jokesters. Out in Cali, we just play ball and get rings. Who wants a piece of me?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Out in Cali, we just play ball and get diamond rings for the wifey after sodomizin the maid.

• IIII.....really don't care about all these New York jokesters. Out in Cali, we just play ball and get rings and bang young white chicks in hotels. Who wants a piece of me?

Out in Cali, we just play ball and get diamond rings for the wifey after sodomizin the maid.

hahahahaha.

don't forget the gaudy "dedication" tattoos. gotta have those after wifey reads about you sodomizin' maids in the paper, takes the diamond ring, and still locks your ass out. oh yeah, public lower-lip-biting apologies. that's all part of the west coast game, too.

Seriously, this trial is insane. I always figured the corporate culture of most clubs was frat-like, but these accusations are completely over the top.

don't forget the gaudy "dedication" tattoos. gotta have those after wifey reads about you sodomizin' maids in the paper, takes the diamond ring, and still locks your ass out. oh yeah, public lower-lip-biting apologies. that's all part of the west coast game, too.

Seriously, this trial is insane. I always figured the corporate culture of most clubs was frat-like, but these accusations are completely over the top.

You seem to relish the soap opera shit but please find better things to post.

You seem to relish the soap opera shit but please find better things to post.
    I've got an idea for you. Shut the fuck up.
    You seem to relish in dickriding myself and a few other posters. Find a new hobby.

follow up on the Nash/Yao charity event in China
    http://www.sportsbusinessradio.com/node/1306

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Holy facemelt.

somehow you knew Stephon wouldn't disappoint.
    Here he is after telling reporters the trial was a "tough situation"

Marbury also insisted he never heard Knicks coach Isiah Thomas call Browne Sanders a "black bitch" or "ho" as she testified earlier, saying it was "not his style."

For his own part, Marbury said, "I didn't call her a black bitch. I called her a bitch."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basket...s_back_sea.html

Well, we now know who won that game of HORSE.

And then there's this:

After Marbury finished testifying, he rode down 23 floors in a crowded elevator, saying to no one in particular: "Money makes you do crazy things, man."

Then he left the courthouse, smiling and singing a song out loud. When pressed to divulge more about his relationship with the intern, he instead commented cheerfully on a reporter's shoes.

I cannot rest until I know what the song in question was.

ten bucks says it was "crank dat"

um. GREG ODEN IS OUT FOR THE SEASON. MICROFRACTURE. ugh. what a mess.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap...=yhoo&type=lgns

• Oden was the safe pick and probable all-star, but Durant has the potential to be an all-time great. You can't second guess the pick, but Blazers fans will be (Sam Bowie?).

I actually gasped when I heard he was out for the season. To have a shaky wrist is one thing. But Oden's whole game is based on being vertical and having this injury at his age can be devastating.

• was anyone excited to see him play? best case scenario he would turn into a more physical version of Tim Duncan in 5 years or so. zzzzzz

i'd pay to see Durant though...

was anyone excited to see him play? best case scenario he would turn into a more physical version of Tim Duncan in 5 years or so. zzzzzz

Agreed: I feel bad for Oden as a person, but I do not feel bad for the game, the way I would if something happened to Durant.

• I FEEL BAD FOR YOU PORTLAND RIDERS. SAM BOWIE PT. II. MAYBE HE REALLY IS 53 YEARS OLD AND HE'S ARTHRITIC.

Kevin Durant, meanwhile, is gonna beast this year. His team might stink, but he'll rack stats.

was anyone excited to see him play? best case scenario he would turn into a more physical version of Tim Duncan in 5 years or so. zzzzzz

Agreed: I feel bad for Oden as a person, but I do not feel bad for the game, the way I would if something happened to Durant.

Please be serious.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I was excited to see someone match up against Tim Duncan for once.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

• Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

Is that a closed list?

Hath the scientist spaken?

Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

Is that a closed list?

I feel that in the Scientist's somber directive that we "trust him," we have crossed from the realm of science into that of faith. What glories await us?

Is that a closed list?

No, it's not a closed list.

Yes, the scientist has spoken.