NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

Is that a closed list?

Hath the scientist spaken?

I feel that in the Scientist's somber directive that we "trust him," we have crossed from the realm of science into that of faith. What glories await us?

I shall lead all of the floundering basketball minds of the cyber community to the promised land. > basketballscientist.blogspot.com

• Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

i don't know if tim duncan, a guaranteed future hall of famer, would appreciate being listed among that group of role players.

i guess bowen is an okay defender, but his legacy will be that he is a great shooter from exactly 2 spots on the court.

Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

i don't know if tim duncan, a guaranteed future hall of famer, would appreciate being listed among that group of role players.

i guess bowen is an okay defender, but his legacy will be that he is a great shooter from exactly 2 spots on the court.

My point was that their game is all about team play and fundamentals and all that. Durant is a just a scorer, until proven otherwise.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    was anyone excited to see him play? best case scenario he would turn into a more physical version of Tim Duncan in 5 years or so. zzzzzz
    I was excited to see someone match up against Tim Duncan for once.

By the time he become a real power Duncan will be on the downslide of his career.

Oden vs Dwight Howard in 3 years will be that shit. Or even vs STAT.

• Trust me when I say this. There can never be enough Tim Duncans, Avery Johnsons, Derek Fishers, Bruce Bowens, Luol Dengs, and Ben Wallaces in the game.

My point was that their game is all about team play and fundamentals and all that. Durant is a just a scorer, until proven otherwise.

Right. As opposed to Oden who has proven......what exactly? Time to go back to the labs.

• i thought u were a fellow kobe fan. you can't ride for kobe and give props to role players. its like a backpacker picking up the soldier boy album.

Right. As opposed to Oden who has proven......what exactly? Time to go back to the labs.

You guys get all defensive in a hurry!

was anyone excited to see him play? best case scenario he would turn into a more physical version of Tim Duncan in 5 years or so. zzzzzz

By the time he become a real power Duncan will be on the downslide of his career.

Batmon has spoken.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Oh, I wasn't trying to say he'd take Duncan to the mat every time, just saying that they are very similar players, and it would have been fun to see Duncan going against a younger (and less experienced) version of himself, so to speak.

i thought u were a fellow kobe fan. you can't ride for kobe and give props to role players. its like a backpacker picking up the soldier boy album.

Does a backpacker have to stay confined solely to the Rhymesayers and Def Jux catalog? I DON'T THINK SO. BOOYAH!

he'd take Duncan to the mat every time

holy god go take your ritalin.

• Oden done for the year. Damn.

That's it for Portland. But LeMarcus Aldridge is gonna get more touches now.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

No it's not. Portland still has a very talented team and only missed the playoffs on the last day of the season didn't they?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm not sure how Durant is going to fare at the beginning of the season. I saw him play in at least 2 summer league games and the guy took a while to heat up in both games and got pushed around a lot.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

No it's not. Portland still has a very talented team and only missed the playoffs on the last day of the season didn't they?

What's their lineup?

1--Brandon Roy
    2--Martell Webster
    3--Travis Outlaw
    4--Channing Frye
    5--LeMarcus Alridge

So if there not done - u have them exceeding last seasons record?

Brandon Roy is nice. I like Webster alot. And I ride for Aldridge. But no Oden changes there plans.
    The front court is thin w/ no one who can come off the bench to contribute.
    Raef LaFrentz & Joe Przybilla = whatever. Hopefully Channing Frye can prove he was better than the New York situation.
    Lets say these kids do get a bunker mentality and manage to "hang in there", what will happen once Oden decides to rejoin the team? All kinds of fucked up chemistry is goin down.
    Shit, even Phoenix had minor problems when STAT returned to the lineup. And Portland doesnt have an MVP like Nash to keep the team focused.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

What's up with those safari pockets on the front of Z-bo's jacket?

• I feel bad for the Blazers and for Oden. Seems like it'll be at least two more years until they have an Oden-centered team with some chemistry. The good thing is, it looks like the odds are in Oden's favor for a full recovery, per his surgeon:

"Greg had an arthroscopy and a micro fracture surgery today," said team physician Dr. Don Roberts, who performed the surgery. "He was found to have articular cartilage damage in his right knee. The area of injury was not large and we were able to treat it with micro fracture, which stimulates the growth of cartilage. There are things about this that are positive for Greg. First of all he is young. The area where the damage was is small and the rest of his knee looked normal. All those are good signs for a complete recovery from micro fracture surgery."

I think Roy and Aldridge and them can probably hold it down a little this year, but who is picking up where Randolph left off now? I'm just saying, they didn't even make the playoffs even with Randolph's 20/10 a night, and the West is looking as strong - if not stronger - than last year.

I've been seeing that more and more on jackets. I am not feeling that at all, it looks like some Sherlock Holmes trench coat garbage.

I've been seeing that more and more on jackets. I am not feeling that at all, it looks like some Sherlock Holmes trench coat garbage. [/quote

Looks like some retro 70's steez.

And why do many of the suits on NBA does have a lapel that cuts so high? Right after the first or second button. Is that a tall dude thang or a contemporary style thang? It make these dudes torso seem mad long.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I've been seeing that more and more on jackets. I am not feeling that at all, it looks like some Sherlock Holmes trench coat garbage.

Looks like some retro 70's steez.

And why do many of the suits on NBA does have a lapel that cuts so high? Right after the first or second button. Is that a tall dude thang or a contemporary style thang? It make these dudes torso seem mad long.

I don't think the it's a contemporary style thing--since the trend recently has been more towards lower lapels.

NBA dudes just wear some really bad suits sometimes.

NBA dudes just wear some really bad suits sometimes.

Its funny cause the League wanted dudes to "suit-up" but some of these dudes need to sit down w/ some stylists. Skip that money managment seminar and talk to Pierre and them so u dont come off lookin goofy.
    Seriously, the NBA draft is one of biggest NAGL nights ever. At this point in the game there should be a gang of style consultants all up in the L to help these youngins. Black Eye for a Black Guy.

• Black Eye for a Black Guy.

That should be the running name for these NBA threads.

• raja bell was in gq for one of the before and after photo shoots. they hooked him up with a form fitting dolce and gabbana or prada suit and he looked pretty

i've seen plenty of nba guys who dress nice, i just think, generally, they wear their suits about 2 sizes too big. all those 4 and 5 button numbers are usually worn by rookies who must be modeling themselves after the pimp don juan or steve harvey. kenny smith has style although he needs to take it easy with the shoulder pads.

as for the high lapels, if you have a jacket with more than 3 buttons, there really isnt much of an alternative.

raja bell was in gq for one of the before and after photo shoots. they hooked him up with a form fitting dolce and gabbana or prada suit and he looked pretty

as for the high lapels, if you have a jacket with more than 3 buttons, there really isnt much of an alternative.

See the diff. The one on the right is the NO.

as for the high lapels, if you have a jacket with more than 3 buttons
    and therein lies the problem. all these dudes have watched scarface way too many times. A jacket should have 2 or 3. Shaq can pull off more, but that's because the public doesn't mind Shaq looking like a clown.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    And it comes to this.

I'm sorry, but so-called basketball fans worrying themselves over the lapels on Raja Bell's suit has to be the lamest shit ever.

Do y'all even dribble?

And it comes to this.

I'm sorry, but so-called basketball fans worrying themselves over the lapels on Raja Bell's suit has to be the lamest shit ever.

Do y'all even dribble?
    it's the off season dude. what do you expect?
    the nba is the group that forced these guys into suits in the first place-- i wasn't aware that this forum was known for not being critical of everything.