NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Will the Mavs come up this time?

Please be serious.

We're shooting for the same amount of wins as last year....

Twelve less during the season and 12 more in the post season.

• KG to Boston,eh?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    it's official. i'm now a boston fan

• Now I can rock a KG jersey. Always wanted to but couldnt get with those Minn joints.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Is Boston even going to need a starting five after this?

You can win in the MLS with 3 good players and a shitty team???

Just sayin...Hoops is as much of a team sport as any other, yet it's the one most likely to be assumed that a star or two can carry a poor to average team to a championship, and that rarely happens.

Scientist-approved!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    This upcoming NBA season is gonna be bananas. So many side plots.

Grant Hill with Phoenix.

Completely irrelevant.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    You know what, to me at least, this combination of stars seem more promising than AI/Melo.

I don't agree (obviously), but I ain't mad at that. I'll definitely grab some decent tickets to this game next season. That's going to be a great match up. KG/Pierce/Allen vs. AI/Melo/Camby? Hell yeah. I'm holding the rest of my Nene talk back until the start of the season.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Now I can rock a KG jersey. Always wanted to but couldnt get with those Minn joints.

----------------OH YEAH

• Will the Mavs come up this time?

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

You guys better make some power moves though. Streets is watching and the window is closing.

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

You guys better make some power moves though. Streets is watching and the window is closing.

Doesn't look like they will. I guess they like their 67 win squad w/ a mix of vets and improving youngsters. We'll see. I disagree w/ the "window is closing" thing. Who's getting old?

There's a reason they were dancing in the streets of San Antonio after your Dubs beat us. We're really the only team in the L that can fuck w/ the Spurs. Dallas is pretty much built to play the Spurs.

Avery has to improve. He made some critical errors in the last month +. I don't know what to expect from Dirk (insert faux cries of "softness" here) but he usually bounces back.

Devin Harris is pretty much the fulcrum of our season next year. My fingers are crossed.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I don't know what to expect from Dirk (insert faux cries of "softness" here) but he usually bounces back.
    Dirk's got two options:
    1) Fuck that jumpshot- every once in a while dude gets this crazy Michael Douglass in "Falling Down" look in his eye and charges headlong into the paint from behind the arc absolutely crushing the ball through the rim. That is EXACTLY what he needs to start doing. Just killing fools like it's his job. Sure, he's got a nice fade for a seven footer, but shit man, use the gifts that you were granted: YOU ARE SEVEN FUCKIN FEET TALL.
    2)Never be effective again, and fade into the "Shawn Bradley/Keith Van Horn" realm of "yeah, remember when everyone was all excited about that big white guy, and although he had moments (not Bradley) he just sucked in the end?"

Personally, I hope he goes after option #1. He's too talented to end up sucking, but the emotional scarring that Baron and co. put on him is a wall he needs to scale. That MVP press conference was depressing to watch.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Trade Dirk for Jermaine O'Neal. Larry Bird--in his fascination with stockpiling goofy white dudes--would likely okay this deal, too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Trade Dirk for Jermaine O'Neal. Larry Bird--in his fascination with stockpiling goofy white dudes--would likely okay this deal, too.

I heard the MLS is looking for more fans.

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

I don't see how this makes the team better. There are a lot of 4s that can do what Jermaine does. Dirk's talents are pretty unique. Only players I'd trade him for are in the Kobe/Bron/Duncan class.

Do you guys feel the Heat loss was completely on Dirk? The Dubs loss?

Perimeter defense was a huge factor in both series and Avery really made some missteps leading up to and at the beginning of the Warriors series. The train had runaway by Game 2, in hindsight.

Faux, being a goofy white dude yourself, where is the love? I'm not even talking about Dirk....just gimme a J Foster or a Pollard or something man.

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

I don't see how this makes the team better.

Adds sac.

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Adds sac.

Man that's all you got for me behind that?

I hear you but there's sac on that team. We need quickness on the perimeter and offensive dexterity in the post.

#1 Wish: Avery to go to the Gregg Popovich School of when to use that throttle on your team and when to let up a bit. His timign was all fucked last year.

• But yes, anyone that saw J O'Neal's running chin-check of Pistons fatty knows he got some sac.

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Adds sac.

Man that's all you got for me behind that?

Okay: Adds the one faux_rillz to your fanbase. Intangibles, son!

• One last thought cos I know I've bored y'all already.

The Mavs do have mentally tough guys in Stackhouse and Josh and to some extent JET (no qualms about taking a big shot). All three of those guys re-upped in the last year or so. Look at Stack, he probably could've gotten more $$ and more minutes elsewhere, but he chose to re-up and give it a go on "Dirk's squad". Those guys must see something in #41 that still makes them believe. [/armchairfanpsychologist]

And one last defense of my mans: who wouldn't be made a little nervous by shithouse-rat-crazy Stephen Jackson turned up to 11? I mean, we can all agree that dude is certifiable, no? I, myself, am not trying to fuck w/ that dude.

• Hudson's Rap Album Sells 78 Copies In First Week
    August 1, 2007 - 12:49 pm
    Pioneer Press -
    Timberwolves guard Troy Hudson's first rap album, "Undrafted," sold 78 copies in the first week after it was released on July 17. [READ]

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Adds sac.

do you really believe jermaine o'neal is equal to or better than dirk?

y ou're in the minority if you do, believe me

JO doesn't have as much trade value right now as it might seem .... incomplete game, bad knees, $20 million per ....

JO doesn't have as much trade value right now as it might seem .... incomplete game, bad knees, $20 million per ....
    Offensive- No
    Defensive- JO > Dirk
    you best believe JO would have shut down Jackson in the playoffs whereas Dirk couldn't keep up w/ him most of the time- which to me is nuts. Jackson moves on O w/ jerky movements and a really high and erratic dribble. There was no reason for him to get around Dirk in the high post like he did. When other Mavs would rotate around on SJ or they ran a zone, Jackson was stopped 80% of the time. But he kept going at Dirk successfully. It must have been demoralizing.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dont Sleep on Eddie House. He is a better shooter than Rondo.
    Im ridin for the Celts but the bench is st8 DOO DOO.

Jermaine O'Neal play a back to the basket, classic Power Forward,w/ a reliable from the elbow J.

Dirk is a New Age Power Forward like Garnett. And they both have MVP awards.

Grant Hill provides veteran leadership. Dude is gonna be the Shane Battier of that crew.
    He will/can improve the SYNERGY??.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Think Chris Webber is looking at the Celtic situation?

Could he play the 5 spot?

Please be serious.

Yawn.

Agenda-driven.

Adds sac.

To be honest, I think it's been close to two years since I've caught a Pacers game so, no, I can't say that I have enough information to "really" believe this... I just like to rile up my mans n'nem.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    > > >[/b] 2007-2008 NBA Schedule < < <[/b]

Think Chris Webber is looking at the Celtic situation?

I'm not feeling that.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

[rambling]Has everyone seen the footage of KG throwin' out the first pitch at the Red Sox game yesterday? The standing ovation is great- he looks absolutely giddy. I'm really excited to see the C's this season. All the photos of Allen/PP/KG I've seen together are great. PP looks like he thinks he might be dead, like it's not really real. His ass will wake up any minute, that old vet is lookin' all doe-eyed and young again. It's shit like this that is exciting in the L.
    Faux: I'm sure you caught the Billups post on FD-- shit was fire.

Other than that big move in the east, there's not much to talk about right now, it's pretty slow and makes me feel like I have no purpose. I start tearing through any news I can find, trying to geek on it like it's something substantial... WHAT? MATT BARNES FIRED HIS AGENT? WHOA!! y'know, shit like that.
    overall, this time of year is depressing.[/rambling]