NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Regarding the new schedule, what a fuckin tease, I can't buy tickets yet. Season opener for us at home against Seattle, and it's on ESPN. I'M THERE.

And what's up with the Lakers? Are they just like "Fuck you Kobe, stop whining, here's D-Fish, now be happy"? Or is something else gonna happen in LA before the begninning of the season?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    nothing will happen in LAL land.
    management totally dropped the ball this summer. i never thought they should move kobe, but that franchise is ridiculously wealthy. they needed to pull the trigger on some moves this summer and choked, big time.
    The biggest move they made was dropping Smush, which was obviously going to happen. Fisher's not gonna have much of an impact- I think he'll help people like Farmar develop a little more combo guard game, etc. but that's about it. They'll be rounding up the 7th or 8th seed in the playoffs. Phil isn't the same Phil either- old man is falling apart, and doesn't have that blood pressure raising fire like he used to.
    I feel bad for Kobe- say what you want about the dude, but it must be hard to be on such an inept team for someone that is that talented, and knows what it's like to be at the top.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Does Bynum get substancial minutes this year?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I heard Farmar was agitating in favor of a certain free agent acquisition...

• I was gonna say, LA looks like a deer in headlights right now. Dallas too... although maybe I'm I feel like they definitely have to make some moves besides just resigning folls.

• Dallas too...

"Excuse me, is you sayin somethin'?"

Does Bynum get substancial minutes this year?
    yes. and he will screw it up and lose confidence and then be ineffective. and then turiaf will do crazy stuff and yell a lot. and kwame will not understand what he needs to do because he is not smart. and then kobe will yell at him on the court.
    one year is too soon to be having flashbacks.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I heard Farmar was agitating in favor of a certain free agent acquisition...

hahahahaha.

I think Dallas is safe. The regular season for them at this point aint shit.
    They need to tweak their Playoff talent.

Im lookin forward to -

Toronto Raptors - can they get better
    Boston Celtics - can they fortify the bench/role players
    New York Knicks - Balkman might knock out Q0Rich at the 3 spot
    Chicago Bulls - Will Deng be an All Star
    Charlotte Bobcats - Wallace and Richardson.....yes
    Utah Jazz - They have to be better
    New Jersey Nets - Jamal McGloire...what!
    Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe scores and Bynum better grow up fast
    Indiana Pacers - Granger has to breakout and be a consistant 2nd option
    Denver Nuggets - Kenyon Martin & Nene
    Golden State - No Pietrus & Barnes...WTF?
    Phoenix Suns - Grant Hill will Synergize the team

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

They want to get one or both for cheap. After having given big contracts to Foyle, Richardson, Dunleavy and Murphy, only one of which worked, and that guy, Richardson just got traded as well, GM Chris Mullin is trying some fiscal responsibility now.

Word is they are discussing acquiring Austin Croshere? Why for the love of god/?!?!?!!>>>>.....?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I think Dallas is safe. The regular season for them at this point aint shit.
    They need to tweak their Playoff talent.

Im lookin forward to -

Toronto Raptors - can they get better Can TJ Ford stay healthy???[/b]
    Boston Celtics - can they fortify the bench/role players It's a 5-6 man game at the very least[/b]
    New York Knicks - Balkman might knock out Q0Rich at the 3 spot Like going to the Circus at MSG[/b]
    Chicago Bulls - Will Deng be an All Star Could surprise a lot of people[/b]
    Charlotte Bobcats - Wallace and Richardson.....yes Zzzzzz[/b]
    Utah Jazz - They have to be better Never underestimate fundamentals and hustle[/b]
    New Jersey Nets - Jamal McGloire...what! Next[/b]
    Los Angeles Lakers - Kobe scores and Bynum better grow up fast One and out is NAGL[/b]
    Indiana Pacers - Granger has to breakout and be a consistant 2nd option Granger's a star...the team is ehhhh.[/b]
    Denver Nuggets - Kenyon Martin & Nene Kenyon is Kancer[/b]
    Golden State - No Pietrus & Barnes...WTF? Nellie has nowhere to go but down[/b]
    Phoenix Suns - Grant Hill will Synergize the team Top 3 Team[/b]

They want to get one or both for cheap. After having given big contracts to Foyle, Richardson, Dunleavy and Murphy, only one of which worked, and that guy, Richardson just got traded as well, GM Chris Mullin is trying some fiscal responsibility now.

Word is they are discussing acquiring Austin Croshere? Why for the love of god/?!?!?!!>>>>.....?
    For this team to maintain any momentum, they should resign Barnes. Pietrus doesn't work under Nellie's system as well as MB, and for Barnes' sake- he wouldn't (and hasn't, albeit limited) worked in any other coaching system.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Think Chris Webber is looking at the Celtic situation?

I'm not feeling that.

I was such a Webber fan BITD that the sentimentalist
    in me hopes he does come to Boston and find a new life
    playing the 5 spot behind our big 3 ... but the realist
    in me has seen how ineffective and battered he's been
    for the past, what, 4 or 5 seasons? I wouldn't mind
    giving it a try, for short money/time. I really was a
    Webber backer for a long time, I even have an old Golden
    State jersey with his name & # that I rock to the beach ...

I'm not feeling that.

Detroit's system was already well oiled by the time Webber signed on, so adjusting wasnt hard.
    Whereas in Boston, they dont have any direction yet, and im not sure he would slide in the same way.

no homo

Croshere is a good role player. Off the bench big man who can shoot the three. Veteran.Dont Sleep.
    Miki Moore is available but he's probably asking for mad eagles.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Croshere is a good role player. Off the bench big man who can shoot the three. Veteran.Dont Sleep.

i thought moore already signed with a team.

• Chris Webber has the curse yall.

Boston, don't do it!

i thought moore already signed with a team.

Sacramento

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm not feeling that.

I really like Chris Webber, but signing to Boston would push his quest for a ring over into the realm of the pathetic. Plus I feel like it would somehow shade the character of the team over from three guys in the twilight of their prime playing years to just a bunch of old guys. Bad synergy.

He needs to commit to Detroit.

• Think Chris Webber is looking at the Celtic situation?

I'm not feeling that.

I really like Chris Webber, but signing to Boston would push his quest for a ring over into the realm of the pathetic. Plus I feel like it would somehow shade the character of the team over from three guys in the twilight of their prime playing years to just a bunch of old guys. Bad synergy.

He needs to commit to Detroit.

like when karl malone went out to LA? i remember seeing a record review comparing that situation to what the beastie boys were trying to do on their last hip hop release. a seemingly apt comparison.

what do people think about the pistons and cavs failing to really improve in the offseason, while others in the east made big, if risky, moves? i guess the pistons believe in maxiell and amir johnson, plus the 2 rookies, but the cavs???

what do people think about the pistons and cavs failing to really improve in the offseason, while others in the east made big, if risky, moves? i guess the pistons believe in maxiell and amir johnson, plus the 2 rookies, but the cavs???

I want the Cavs Final appearence to be revealed as Fluke.
    Unfortunately the East is still "Weak"

Detroit is a team that already has the pieces necessary to succeed, it's their coach that needs to get shit crackin'. I don't think any big trades or signings were necessary for Detroit. They are still probably the most dominant team in the east. Arguable I guess.

• what do people think about the pistons and cavs failing to really improve in the offseason, while others in the east made big, if risky, moves? i guess the pistons believe in maxiell and amir johnson, plus the 2 rookies, but the cavs???

I want the Cavs Final appearence to be revealed as Fluke.
    Unfortunately the East is still "Weak"

Cavs is the other team caught in the headlights. Dudes threw up all over themselves.

• Detroit is a team that already has the pieces necessary to succeed, it's their coach that needs to get shit crackin'. I don't think any big trades or signings were necessary for Detroit. They are still probably the most dominant team in the east. Arguable I guess.

I'm no Flip Saunders apologist, even though he's from my state, but what was he supposed to do with that lackadaisical team last postseason?

• I think the Pistons are what they are and without Ben Wallace leading that D they are merely another contender in the East. Didn't we learn this when we saw them lose to that other team that "played" in the NBA Finals? The Larry Brown Pistons are but a memory.

The Larry Brown Pistons are but a memory.

Thats why Drewn has defected to the Big Apple.....

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Detroit didn't need to make any off-season acquisitions like Boston, N.Y. The theme of this Pistons season is going to be about the development of their second string, young cast. In fact, I heard Flip's job basically depends on it.

Rodney Stuckey
    Aaron Afflalo
    Jason Maxiell
    Amir Johnson
    etc.

All names to look out for in 07-08. Starters have been warned to watch out because they will be competiting for minutes with the young talent all season. That's exactly what they need too, a kick in the ass after being knocked out of the playoffs on some lazy shit.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

"DuhIheeeearrrrddttthaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt..!"

"DuhIheeeearrrrddttthaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt..!"