NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This shit is over. The Bulls simply cannot compete with this team.

my fav moment in game 3: tay's pump fake that nocioni bite, then tay's one hander.

wtf happend in the 2nd have for the bulls? DP SCORED 28 PTS IN THE FIRST HALF!!! bulls just couldnt hold it together. loads a headz were picking the bulls to win this game. would be nasty if the pistons swept, but i woudlnt be suprised if DP gave up the second one in chicago.

Sweep those bitches. Lats year dudes thought they could turn it on when they wanted to. This year the Pistons are not playin that shit. Crush/Kill/Destroy.
    The Bulls will learn from this and retool. They are well on there way to becoming contenders if they tweak the roster.

Oh yeah....Tay? U say Tay?

I don't know what happened either, but Andres Nocioni fell off big time this series. The dude plain sucks all of the sudden. I'm not even sure why Skiles didn't stick with Tyrus Thomas like he did in the first quarter -- Thomas jumped up in the rotation and came in for P.J. Brown. Thomas wasn't perfect but he was a lot better than Nocioni, who I think is probably done in Chicago after this.

Nocioni is injured. U can hatt on himm for playing through the pains.

Thomas never been in is this before.

whats up with nocioni?

Nocioni's foot still a big problem[/b]
    Andres Nocioni - F - CHI - May. 11 - 11:07 am et

The pain and swelling in Andres Nocioni's strained right foot has worsened to the point that he has started taking anti-inflammatories and pain-killers in recent days. A source close to the situation says Nocioni will need to wear a protective boot for 45 days after the conclusion of the playoffs and that he will be required to stay off the foot for at least 60 days. Hopefully that will have him ready for next season.

Source: Courier News

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    OK-- Noch, or Chapoo as he likes to be called, gets the pass. But I turn my attention to Skiles: With Noch obviously hurting and ineffective, why was he in the game?

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    OK-- Noch, or Chapoo as he likes to be called, gets the pass. But I turn my attention to Skiles: With Noch obviously hurting and ineffective, why was he in the game?

I agree. The homie Tyrus Thomas should have played more. He has been impressive late this year as a rookie. And he has the potential to be a GREAT player in a few years. Kid is madd athletic, has crucial ups and is a hustler. Give him time to mature and learn the game and he'll be dope...

same time, he's played well enough in the playoffs to earn him more playing time in this pistons series.

• yup, Thomas and Thabo should have played more. i think they'll keep noc around.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    kicking dudes on the sly is some straight up bitchass shit. what's wrong, these dudes can't defend legitimately or something? they have to kick at dudes? this ain't soccer. yeah complaining about it is not a good look either for amare, cuz like gene said, it lets them get in his head. but either way, it seems like some of you guys think that shit is OK?? definitely not a good look! that's almost as bad as intentionally injuring a player. and dirty teams are the best teams? i don't get this logic. so, the guys who have to cheat because they can't defeat teams legitimately are the best teams? not saying the Spurs or anybody else can't defeat their teams, obviously, but the logic doesn't make any sense to me.

and man, Detroit is not to be fucked with this post-season apparently. Nocioni shouldn't have been playing last night. I don't think the Bulls will get rid of him, but you never know. Ben Gordon was running shit in the second quarter. Too bad they took a big fat shit in the second half.

edit: has any team ever swept all the way to the finals? or even the conference finals?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Celtics.

Pistons.

Bulls.

Spurs.

What do these teams have in common?

Besides the fact that during their championship runs they were all accused of varying degrees of "dirty play". Is it dirty or is it savvy?

I didn't watch that clip above, I'm speaking more in generalities.

well, there's a thin line there i think. dirty is making illegal moves on other players that could be potentially harmful to the player, but doing it in a manor to where the refs don't catch it. that is dirty, bitch-ass basketball playing. then there's other shit that may or may not be considered illegal in the league that doesn't really pose a threat of injury to the player but may cause the player a great deal of frustration and difficulty in executing. that's just good defense.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

Both the Bulls and the Sox are embarrassing me.

The ChiSox just took two out of three from the Twins, shoulda swept them. Their hitting will come around, but the pitching is on point which is what counts for me, especially after last year.

As far as the Bulls: The only reason I say Noch is out is because Gordon, Deng and Noch are all up for new contracts. Seems like Noch will be the odd man out, unless all of them take a somewhat of a lower salary.

I say we ship Duhon. I like the guy a lot but he has fallen off pretty bad.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    has any team ever swept all the way to the finals? or even the conference finals?

"Fo, Fo, Fo"!!

The '83 sixers swept into the conferance finals, won 3 straight, then lost a game to milwaukee before going into the finals.

I'm sure there are plenty of times who have done this, i think moses malone is the only one who predicted it...and came 1 game from getting it done (although they did sweep the first 2 rounds).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There will be No Baseball Or Football up in in hurr.

These guys are on point. Hubie knows his shit. Unlike a former Portland star who, though he played a mean game, seems to know jack shit about it.

Those guys both have their strengths and weaknesses. But god damn... Last nights W's game had the worst lineup of sportscasters known to man. Reggie Miller needs to shut the hell up. Talkin' bout what dudes need to do to win a championship, like that foll knows. His ramblings about nothing during the game are unbearable. Does it look to anyone else like he's wearing braces?

He knows what it takes to get there. And played against most of these cats.

Dont open that door.....

There will be No Baseball Or Football up in in hurr.

I'm sorry!!!

That Moses Malone cover is the bees knees. SI doesn't do it like that anymore.

• faded_gloryfaded_glory 421 Posts
    Kid is madd athletic, has crucial ups

indispensible upz! tyrus has had his moments, not gonna take that away from him .... but i'm still not buying the idea of a 6'9", 215 lb. power forward. although he'll fit right in on the pipsqueak ass bulls with their 6'1" shooting guard and 6'8" center ...... but yeah, tyrus is pretty much a shot blocker at this point. kinda one-dimensional although there's lots of room for improvement.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Feel lucky no one on this board is kicking them while they're on the ground.

• For the people that don't know what Nocioni can do. Fast forward about halfway through for the stuff cause it's kinda long

I got bored and made this a while ago

but i'm still not buying the idea of a 6'9", 215 lb. power forward.

If the Bulls wanna be the East Coast Warriors it works. Tyrus Thomas needs to come along slowly. It would be a shame if the Bulls force him to grow faster than he's able to.

Feel lucky no one on this board is kicking them while they're on the ground.

well it would appear that the only ones doing that are the ones who claim to be their fans!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I got bored and made this a while ago

haha, damn, i get bored some times, but making a Nocioni video mixtape is pretty low on my list as a cure for boredom. nice production work though.

If the Bulls wanna be the East Coast Warriors it works.

what would give you that idea? i think the bulls want to replicate the pistons' championship team more than anything else. ... they dont seem all that concerned with offense. but for some reason they don't seem to have a problem with their starting shooting guard being a 6'1" version of jamal crawford ..

• I got bored and made this a while ago

haha, damn, i get bored some times, but making a Nocioni video mixtape is pretty low on my list as a cure for boredom. nice production work though.

haha yeah, I found some video making program on my computer that I didn't know i had. It was my 1st and only video ever made.

If the Bulls wanna be the East Coast Warriors it works.

what would give you that idea? i think the bulls want to replicate the pistons' championship team more than anything else. ... they dont seem all that concerned with offense. but for some reason they don't seem to have a problem with their starting shooting guard being a 6'1" version of jamal crawford ..

I said If.

The Bulls have a long way to go to get that Pistons Championship team.
    They have no equivalent to Tashawn (or shoud I say Tay?) Prince. Unless Thomas morphs his game.
    No Rasheed Wallace & no bench play.

They have no equivalent to Tashawn (or shoud I say Tay?) Prince. Unless Thomas morphs his game.

actually small forward is probably the bulls' strongest position. it's that they're undersized and inconsistent almost everywhere else.

whatever, they have some weird, near-cultish "hustle" mentality shit going on from the top-down and obviously it's not going to work. if they had any concern for actual team needs they would have drafted lamarcus aldridge. the funny thing is that everyone was enamored with their trade prospects, but without pj brown's contract (which is useless to them now in trades) they really can't make anything big work from a salary standpoint. oops ... maybe standing pat with their dogmatic boy scout mantra wasn't the answer ....

actually small forward is probably the bulls' strongest position. it's that they're undersized and inconsistent almost everywhere else.

whatever, they have some weird, near-cultish "hustle" mentality shit going on from the top-down and obviously it's not going to work. if they had any concern for actual team needs they would have drafted lamarcus aldridge. the funny thing is that everyone was enamored with their trade prospects, but without pj brown's contract (which is useless to them now in trades) they really can't make anything big work from a salary standpoint. oops ... maybe standing pat with their dogmatic boy scout mantra wasn't the answer ....

Aldridge has a great upside but u cant tell me if he was a Bull they would be contenders.
    So either way its a limited situation. U should feel good that u were able to change the culture.
    Bring in a Championship level defender to teach the kids that real defense and build from there.

With my Pacers slippin in the Central division, the Bulls can take their place as the second beneath Detroit.

Aldridge has a great upside but u cant tell me if he was a Bull they would be contenders.
    So either way its a limited situation. U should feel good that u were able to change the culture.
    Bring in a Championship level defender to teach the kids that real defense and build from there.

With my Pacers slippin in the Central division, the Bulls can take their place as the second beneath Detroit.

no, i'm not claiming that they would be contenders, but i don't think taking thomas over aldridge was a smart move for a team that was already undersized and offensively-limited and in desperate need of a post scorer. honestly, i'm just not seeing what they're trying to do over there. it's like they want to be the duke blue devils of the nba. but you know, that rah rah hustle shit isn't going to work in the playoffs when you have players with legitimate skills and size (ie. chauncey billups) taking over.

But what about Lebron and Co.?

A lot of people I talk to are conveniently talking about the Bad Boys v. Bulls rivalry of the late-'80s, early-'90s, saying that it's going to be a few years before we beat those Demons, err, Pistons.

Unless the Knicks pick is in the Top 3, I think they should trade it in a package for a veteran. We have too many projects as is.

no, i'm not claiming that they would be contenders, but i don't think taking thomas over aldridge was a smart move for a team that was already undersized and offensively-limited and in desperate need of a post scorer. honestly, i'm just not seeing what they're trying to do over there. it's like they want to be the duke blue devils of the nba. but you know, that rah rah hustle shit isn't going to work in the playoffs when you have players with legitimate skills and size (ie. chauncey billups) taking over.

I feel you.

How fast do u expect the change to happen though? Im mean the Bulls werent even a threat 2 sesons ago and now youve improved.

Unless the Knicks pick is in the Top 3, I think they should trade it in a package for a veteran. We have too many projects as is.

Your sayin the Bulls should trade right. I agree.

Who's available and who would fit opposite Wallace in the post?

I feel you.

How fast do u expect the change to happen though? Im mean the Bulls werent even a threat 2 sesons ago and now youve improved.

the problem is that their trade prospects have deteriorated significantly .... all the talk of gasol, KG, et al to the bulls is dead now that pj brown is expiring - he was the contract they were going to use to make a blockbuster happen. it's not impossible, but you're talking about sign-and-trades with either gordon or nocioni, and it's a much different story when those guys have full contract extensions. jermaine o'neal would be great for them but i simply don't see the pacers taking back a big money deal on a guy like gordon to make it happen just to get that pick. gasol and KG are impossible now. there was a window there, but it's pretty much open and shut. the other issue is that the made a "win now" signing w/ ben wallace, yet are determined to take the slow and steady route in developing their youngsters ... i'm of the opinion that if they could have acquired a marquee power foward at the deadline without giving up deng and didn't then they fucked up.

but at least they have a high pick. i wonder what the over/under is on paxson wasting the pick on josh mcroberts .....