NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    is the MVP vote official?

Call me

Quietest MVP decision evar?

I said "putative MVP"

Putative = commonly accepted or supposed

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion, though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    faux_rillz, you are such a little toy man. That shit you posted is really fucking old. Why do you have such a boner for Dirk man? That shit is gay dood. You don't talk about NBA shit for a week and then post some shit like that? Fucking stalker.

I did not realize one's right to post in the playoffs thread could be revoked as a result of failing to post daily. I will try not to neglect you little dudes like that again.

Also: plaese to elaborate on how posting in the playoffs thread re: the putative MVP on the occasion of his great humiliation renders one a "stalker". This should be delicious.

What makes you a stalker is you have two NBA-centric posts in the last week, both issuances of negativity towards Dirk, and one of them you had to go into the archives to retrieve.

LOL. You're the one maintaining a spreadsheet cataloging the subject matter and frequency of my posts.

I couldn't even tell you when I last posted in this thread or what I posted about.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hi! Is it too late to jump on the Golden State Bandwagon?

• faux_rillz, you are such a little toy man. That shit you posted is really fucking old. Why do you have such a boner for Dirk man? That shit is gay dood. You don't talk about NBA shit for a week and then post some shit like that? Fucking stalker.

I did not realize one's right to post in the playoffs thread could be revoked as a result of failing to post daily. I will try not to neglect you little dudes like that again.

Also: plaese to elaborate on how posting in the playoffs thread re: the putative MVP on the occasion of his great humiliation renders one a "stalker". This should be delicious.

What makes you a stalker is you have two NBA-centric posts in the last week, both issuances of negativity towards Dirk, and one of them you had to go into the archives to retrieve.

LOL. You're the one maintaining a spreadsheet cataloging the subject matter and frequency of my posts.

I couldn't even tell you when I last posted in this thread or what I posted about.

Touche but one don't negate the other, Uncle Faux.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

It's never too late.

I think you're legit. Looking back I see you're represented in the Warriors Realhead Thread.

It's never too late.

I think you're legit. Looking back I see you're represented in the Warriors Realhead Thread.

I was kidding man. Although B. Diddy was one of my favorite players.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    is the MVP vote official?

Call me

Quietest MVP decision evar?

I said "putative MVP"

Putative = commonly accepted or supposed

I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion, though.

my fault, i a) didn't notice that part and b) wouldn't have known that word anyway. I just thought since they had announced the RoY, DPotY, All-NBA teams, etc., that they may have announced the MVP and I just missed it.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    so.. cleavland closed.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

=

2nd most playoff games played among active players. 2nd behind Reggie Miller in most 3 pointers made in the playoffs. 6 rings on 3 different teams.

Shaq? Kobe? Iverson? WHO'S REALLY THE MAN?

My mouth was literally open for 5 seconds after that shot.

Horry's stat line: 2/3 FG 6 points. 1 GAMEOVER 3 POINTER.

I feel your pain Denver. That really hurt....

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I am saying though. I know there have been Warriors fans reppin in the NBA thread since last year but some of y'all are emerging out the woodwork on some Johnny-come-lately-fairweather-fan steez.

At this juncture, you might as well consider everyone who isn't a Mavericks fan to be running behind the Warriors bandwagon. Everyone loves an upset. And with all the prognosticating ya'll have done this season, the rest of us quite enjoy watching your chests deflate.

I am saying.

Look man us Warriors fans didn't have shit to say because weren't shit worth being said! Now you on the other hand, since the first thread on day one you were like "Mavs are a done deal this season. Everyone else, just get ready for vacation. Dirk for president."

So yeah, as Rich said, old crow tastes horrible. But I for one have ALWAYS questioned if the Mavs were the real deal. I can't put my finger on it but I know how Dirk backs down under pressure and that's the dude that's supposed to be leading the team. JET and Josh can't do it alone, as nasty as they are.

And that is not to take anything away from Dirk's accomplishments this season, or those of the Mavs. Were this a different series I have no doubt that they would emerge on top. The Warriors are a real tough matchup for them. But if the squad is for real then they should be able to pull this one out. Shit, DIRK should be able to put this team on his back and run them to victory. I don't see it happening though.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Someone search my posts and see if I ever actually said the Mavs were gonna win the trophy. Maybe a few times but not as many as you think.

Yeah. I have fun at work posting in this thread about the Mavs. Probably too much. Them's my team though and I gotta ride with 'em through thick and thin. I still see one game on the calendar w/ two more "If Necessarys" behind that. We ain't dead yet.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Oh no doubt. And please believe, we need dudes like you to keep these threads going! It's all in good fun. This has been a great series, for sure.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Warriors winning tonight is not 'if necessary' it is

Go Raptors! (i say that with little hope unfortunately)

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Is it me, or is this the best first round playoffs in a while? Almost every game is coming down to the wire! Last night- Cavs v. Wizards, Rockets v. Jazz, Spurs v. Nuggets all came down to the last minute of play, and that's been par for the course.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yeah this has been a good season in the league

DAMN YOU HORRY..DAMN YOU!

raptors... common dudes

Is it me, or is this the best first round playoffs in a while? Almost every game is coming down to the wire! Last night- Cavs v. Wizards, Rockets v. Jazz, Spurs v. Nuggets all came down to the last minute of play, and that's been par for the course.

I don't think it's as good as last year. Going into this past weekend, all the games prior had been 5 points or more victories. Plus you have 3 sweeps in the East and a series that's probably done in 5. Two more series in the West that are virtually a wrap. Good series going on in H-town. And of course, the developing story in Dallas that would be the biggest in a while if it plays out like most think it will.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

DAMN YOU HORRY..DAMN YOU!

I lived in SA until a couple of years ago and Horry used to occasionally come to one of my regular DJ gigs. One such night the owner came up to me at the end of the night and said that Horry had been talking about how much he enjoyed the music. Best compliment I've ever gotten DJing. Shortly thereafter I got a raise.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Good game San Antonio, no complaints on fouls this time (although Tim Duncan seems to be immune, but whatever), we had you beat for 45 minutes. Thing is, San Antonio wins games in the last 3 minutes, Denver loses 'em. Good series, every game's been close. We haven't given up yet, but it's looking dismal. We know what we have to do next year. Close out games. We could learn from San Antonio in that they will keep the game within 8-10 points the whole way, saving their energy for a final run at the end of the 4th quarter. I've seen it too many times.

Oh and also when your star commits a foul, make sure one of your bench dudes or role players throws his arms up to be sure they don't call the foul on your superstar. Saw that work 3 times last night. Also, Nene and Melo in foul trouble really hurt. Nene got that 5th foul and became very cautious. He was on a rampage before that. San Antonio is scared of Nene. They had the eagle eye on Carmelo, called every little offensive foul they could on him, but that's nothing new. He gets that treatment all the time since the fight at MSG.

Respect to Robert Horry, he's my favorite Spur. Super clutch. And JR Smith really let me down with his last 3 attempt. Our bench just has not shown up in this playoff series and that's what's been missing.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    But make no mistake, this is a case of Don Nelson knowing intimately how to shut down a 67 win team because he knows their weaknesses better than anyone else on earth.

This is about Avery getting his ass handed to him....Daddy is kicking his son's ass.....This is basic X's and O's and Avery is getting spanked......I STILL do not believe in Baron's ability to lead because he hasn't had ANY fuckin pressure on him since Game #2 ....And what happened in Game #2 ? He folded and they lost....This entire series has Del Harris written all over it..trust me people,this is Del Harris coaching this series......

1)Avery needs to stop listening to Del...The man is notorious for this shit ......The dude had Nick,Eddie,Shaq and Kobe (when he could jump) ...and got SMASHED by Sloan and Stockton (and yes Stockton is better than Nash). Del is a curse in the playoffs.

2)Cuban needs to go the fuck upstairs and get away from that bench.....This is a team full of confirmed pussies so they can't handle dude being on that bench....Mark isn't Mark anymore....He's turned into the arrogant asshole owner he used to hate.

3)Game #4 was the most important game in Dirk's career ...The only way he can fix it is by getting his big ass in that paint and pound the ball until his hands bleed.....He needs to go Kobe ..He needs to shoot Free Throws...He needs to get dunks ...and he needs to stop being so anxious when the trap comes....Same for Jason Terry.......If Jason takes Baron on the block and have Dirk cut its unstoppable

4)Devin Harris needs to stop flopping.....Maverick fans have made this dude believe he's a great defender so now he just falls down and expects to get calls....dude,stop it...and stop handling the ball too

5)Erica needs to get in there to knock a few dudes down....no more easy shots....Baron only has one leg..knock him on his ass and he'll think twice....Knock Stephen on his ass and he'll lose focus....Monta aint doin shit...Al aint doin shit...and the rest of those dudes don't like contact to begin with.....Diop got in foul trouble because they were cuttin off the drive with him instead of leaving the perimeter.....this was working ...but instead of going with Erica (who makes millions) Avery fell right into Nellies trap...idiot

I dunno about Dampier. He is probably still hurting (notice that deal he's wearing on his right shoulder). He is just so slow though. I don't think he can be used. Biedrins would abuse him. Really, it's that they can't play Dirk AND Damps. Both so slow...we'd get killed by all those 2s and 3s they're playing.

C'mon man..."confirmed pussies"...how about "mentally fragile" instead? You're so harsh.

Dirk needs to dig deep. I'm sure Jackson & co. have been in his ear constantly. Block that shit out and do what you do, big man.

Devean George. We'd love to hear from you.

The Mavs played "their game" in Game 4 and had a nice cushion several times, including 8 points w/ 5 mins or so left. They just choked that shit away. It was painful.

EXECUTE. MAKE SHOTS. WE CAN DO THIS.

I dunno about Dampier. He is just so slow though.

Exactly...they need to slow down

Biedrins would abuse him.

HAVE YOU SEEN BIEDRINS SHOOT FREE THROWS !??!!??! Knock everything moving on its ass ...turn this into a slow,free-throw shooting contest...you have to pound these dudes

Really, it's that they can't play Dirk AND Damps. Both so slow

slow is good

we'd get killed by all those 2s and 3s they're playing.

they can't beat you in a slow,controlled,half-court game

Devean George. We'd love to hear from you.

keep waiting

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I'm sorry Ed, but the Mavs are going down. The Mavs gave it their best shot in the last game and lost. They simply cannot match up with us on offense and defense. This series belongs to the Warriors. We are demanding respect!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    We could learn from San Antonio in that they will keep the game within 8-10 points the whole way, saving their energy for a final run at the end of the 4th quarter. I've seen it too many times.

Yeah, that's the real shit. Kenny and the Chuckster were talking about it after the game--SA is just way too consistent. As a whole, the team can maintain a high level of play and can also kick into that extra gear when needed. I admit I get worried sometimes (I'm kind of a pessimistic fan like that), but as long as they hang around and don't lose contact (never really let Denver build up a big lead last night...did it get beyond 10 at all?), they've got a good chance of winning in the end.

That Carmelo throwdown was though. As soon as I saw Finley trying to D him up alone on the wing, I said, "You're about to get cooked, dude." That little hesitation Melo threw was nuts.

I'm sorry Ed, but the Mavs are going down. The Mavs gave it their best shot in the last game and lost. They simply cannot match up with us on offense and defense. This series belongs to the Warriors. We are demanding respect!

We'll be reviewing this post come Saturday night. Write this team off at your own peril.

This Mavs team beat SA three straight games last year. Dubs should be a breeze.

Go back to 2003 and see Nellie-led Mavs letting Portland take them to 7 after being up 3-0.

I would love to see a Suns/Warriors series

What was the regular season record ?

Doesn't matter. Never happen. Does anyone give GSW a chance against Houston on the off-chance they do advance? Nellie will already be content for beating Cuban.

We'll be reviewing this post come Saturday night. Write this team off at your own peril.

This Mavs team beat SA three straight games last year. Dubs should be a breeze.

Go back to 2003 and see Nellie-led Mavs letting Portland take them to 7 after being up 3-0.

You've said that I've been writing this series off, but the Warriors are up 3-1!

Doesn't matter. Never happen. Does anyone give GSW a chance against Houston on the off-chance they do advance? Nellie will already be content for beating Cuban.

The last game against Houston the Warriors did the same thing to Yao that they're doing to Dirk right now. They fronted him, they blitzed him whenever he got the ball, etc. Completely threw him off his game.