NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    None of this really matters, because June 19,2007 Chris Webber will be kissing the Trophy.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    2)Cuban needs to go the fuck upstairs and get away from that bench.....This is a team full of confirmed pussies so they can't handle dude being on that bench....Mark isn't Mark anymore....He's turned into the arrogant asshole owner he used to hate.

Jerry Jones II?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Suns are another matter. We split the season with them, but I think they play the Warriors style better than the Warrriors, plus we don't have anyone to stop Amare.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I'm sorry Ed, but the Mavs are going down. The Mavs gave it their best shot in the last game and lost. They simply cannot match up with us on offense and defense. This series belongs to the Warriors. We are demanding respect!

We'll be reviewing this post come Saturday night. Write this team off at your own peril.

This Mavs team beat SA three straight games last year. Dubs should be a breeze.

Go back to 2003 and see Nellie-led Mavs letting Portland take them to 7 after being up 3-0.

You've said that I've been writing this series off, but the Warriors are up 3-1!

So were the Lakers last year.

The meltdown is coming, you wait....

I see a close game edged out by the Mavs tonite and a demoralizing home waxing on Thursday setting up the game 7.

All these sweeps? You know the NBA wants its 7 game series. See if the calls don't start to frustrate GSW tonite. Watch.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I'm sorry Ed, but the Mavs are going down. The Mavs gave it their best shot in the last game and lost. They simply cannot match up with us on offense and defense. This series belongs to the Warriors. We are demanding respect!

I would love to see a Suns/Warriors series

What was the regular season record ?

Doesn't matter. Never happen. Does anyone give GSW a chance against Houston on the off-chance they do advance?[/b] Nellie will already be content for beating Cuban.

spoken like a true salty crustacean

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    None of this really matters, because June 19,2007 Chris Webber will be kissing the Trophy.

chicago is a beast. but i got faith in my team. sunday is so damn far away.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    dirk has come up big in the playoffs in the past, its just that this series he is a shell of his old self. dude sound defeated in post game interviews.

as much as id like to see them win in oakland, id rather have peace of mind and have them beat the mavs in dallas.

lets do this!!!!!!!!!!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    We could learn from San Antonio in that they will keep the game within 8-10 points the whole way, saving their energy for a final run at the end of the 4th quarter. I've seen it too many times.

Yeah, that's the real shit. Kenny and the Chuckster were talking about it after the game--SA is just way too consistent. As a whole, the team can maintain a high level of play and can also kick into that extra gear when needed. I admit I get worried sometimes (I'm kind of a pessimistic fan like that), but as long as they hang around and don't lose contact (never really let Denver build up a big lead last night...did it get beyond 10 at all?), they've got a good chance of winning in the end.

That Carmelo throwdown was though. As soon as I saw Finley trying to D him up alone on the wing, I said, "You're about to get cooked, dude." That little hesitation Melo threw was nuts.

Yeah, I think their biggest lead was 11 but only for one posession and it went downhill form there. As soon as they sat Melo for his 4th PF, San Antonio took over the game.

And yeah, that move on Finley was real nice. Nene had a couple tough throwdowns as well with the +1, but Carmelo cooked dude on that one. Watching Melo play 1 on 1 is worth it sometimes even when they lose. Dude has the sick iso moves for days.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Who's coming out of the 2nd round?

2nd Round:

Suns vs Spurs (PHX will run up the score and win this series. Spurs are methodical and efficient in their play, but just don't have the firepower anymore.)

Warriors vs Rockets (Really anybody's series. Two contrasting styles. Warriors need to push tempo. Rockets need Yao to establish presence on both sides, which will open up the perimeter. If they can do that, Rockets.)

**The elimination of Dallas means that ANYONE can take the West now. Scary.

***Unless we see some Boston Redsox shit from the Mavs. Which is highly unlikely.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I still can't say who's gonna win the Utah/Houston series. Houston won their 3rd game by a very slim margin and I don't see Utah backing down in game 6.

While I'm not expecting the Nuggets or Mavs to win their series right now being down 3-1, I can't count either team out entirely, especially not Dallas. Stranger things have happened in the playoffs. 1994 Denver Nuggets came back from 2-0 to take the series 3-2 as an 8 seed against a 1 seed. Shit ain't over 'til it's OVER, noamtalmbout?

IF it ends up being San Antonio/Phoenix, I'd have to say Phoenix. They will have to play their ASSES off though, because the Spurs are just too efficient. They will capitalize on every one of your mistakes. Suns will have keep away from the half court offense because San Antonio will outplay them offensively and shut them down defensively. If the Suns can keep their run alive and wear the Spurs out early, they should be able to capitalize on the fast break points and win games.

Warriors vs. Houston or Utah would be a hard one to call. Dallas against Houston or Utah is still a decent match up. I don't like Houston or Utah much but you can't really deny how tough they can be. Dirk needs some of that Killer Instinct in order to take his squad past the 2nd round, that's for damn sure.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    bill simmons of espn.com has a new blog up about the mavs/gsw series and its a good read.

check it out here
    billsimmons blog

• the warriors are right now. this is really fun to watch!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    the warriors are right now. this is really fun to watch!

Don't call it a comeback

At this point, even if we lose, we win.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

This shit is nuts.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    !

• lepoohpoohlepoohpooh 296 Posts
    a series of holy shit moments

gene, rock...my condolences

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

This shit is nuts.

that half court oop should count as a three.

also, wtf, Dirk doing everything he possibly can to stay AWAY from the ball

edit: of course he hits a three right when I say that

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    there has to be atleast 50 3pt attempts in this qtr.

WTF!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    there has to be atleast 50 3pt attempts in this qtr.

WTF!

Wow, looks like the Mavs are going to shit out a win. Dirk actually looked un-pussified for a minute and a half.

spoke too soon...props to big d

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    daaaam ... they had those lil batches too

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And the Warriors missed their last 4, seemingly. This is over.

Jackson with the typical tech + ejec. What a fucking nut job.

• damn, looks like the warriors will have to seal the deal at home...

how is it even possible to get ejected in the last ten seconds of an already decided game? that is a talent

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    how is it even possible to get ejected in the last ten seconds of an already decided game? that is a talent

Excessive clapping violation. Get familiar.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    this GSW/DAL series is just TOO FUN to watch. i cant believe how the warriors gave up that 9 point lead they had. they took some really poor shots towards the end, fouled alot, and allowed dallas to go on a 15-0 run!!! wtf!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

yea... but for clapping? i dunno, that first baron davis ejection in this series set some preety rediculous precedent.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    this GSW/DAL series is just TOO FUN to watch. i cant believe how the warriors gave up that 9 point lead they had. they took some really poor shots towards the end, fouled alot, and allowed dallas to go on a 15-0 run!!! wtf!

Streak vs streak. The Mavs gave up a 21 point lead.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    they took some really poor shots towards the end

They took total bullshit shots. All that stand around for 18 seconds, then try to go one-one-one from halfcourt with 6 seconds left? Fucking dumb. If they just kept doing what they had been doing on the offense end, they coulda finished the series off.