NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

I would expect them to be frustrated by the end when ginobli and duncan can foul all they want all game with no calls, and then the nuggets get called on every pussy little touch foul and every manu flop. I'd throw manu to the court as well. Oh well, I had to vent, that game was lopsided as fuck, we should have won. Shoulda woulda coulda. We did fall apart defensively in the second half, but we were never really out of the game.

Holy crap! Get this man an ass-protector!

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    its good for the nba if golden state gets far in the playoffs. the run-n-gun style of play is more fun to watch, and in fact, my biggest critique of nba hoops is that when it breaks down into half-court play, its too predictable. i also think baron davis has been underrated throughout his career, so its nice to see him get some shine.

the lakers are cooked, although there is hope for next year because, imo, pheonix has a good shot at winning the whole thing. as much as i love watching kobe play, i am equally amazed at how nash continues to get better every season. he was almost flawless in game 4. 15 assists in the first half??!!??

my top 5 guards for the playoffs right now are:

kobe
    nash
    baron
    ben gordon
    chauncy

sorry AI, time to step it up.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

And finally, back to Chicago, I just wanted to shout out Ben Wallace for that block against Shaq in game three, and the rebound he got while laying on his back. Nice play Ben.

this still gets me teary.

round two is gonna be hellish for these guys. dp really needs the bench to show up. dice needs to get his shooting game sorted and i flip needs to bring delfino in early (esp if tay doesnot stop deng).

the bulls o-game is so high paced, itll be interesting to see how detroit responds.

as a long time pistons fan, i am stoked and crazy nervous 'bout this series. will def be intense on a number of levels.

• Good lord the road to an Eastern Conference title is brutal for the Bulls.

Both these teams gonna be sittin for a week, I imagine. Tough series to call but I'll be rooting for the Bulls.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I would expect them to be frustrated by the end when ginobli and duncan can foul all they want all game with no calls, and then the nuggets get called on every pussy little touch foul and every manu flop. I'd throw manu to the court as well. Oh well, I had to vent, that game was lopsided as fuck, we should have won. Shoulda woulda coulda. We did fall apart defensively in the second half, but we were never really out of the game.

Talk your shit all you want, at least you're not denying the lopsidedness of the officiating. Game 4, batches. We'll see you.

Talk your shit all you want, at least you're not denying the lopsidedness of the officiating. Game 4, batches. We'll see you.

As I've said before in these threads, you have to play through the calls. I didn't personally notice anything majorly lopsided on Sat., but I think games are often called lopsidedly so sure, why not? It's the nature of the game.

All I know is that crying about "We woulda won if it weren't for the calls" is the definition of sports-fan ass-hurtedness.

bthav, here's the one I was talking about:

plus that teardrop by hinrich they show at the end was nice.

As I've said before in these threads, you have to play through the calls. I didn't personally notice anything majorly lopsided on Sat., but I think games are often called lopsidedly so sure, why not? It's the nature of the game.

All I know is that crying about "We woulda won if it weren't for the calls" is the definition of sports-fan ass-hurtedness.

You say that as a Spurs fan - you guys always get the calls. And hey when refs call 'em against you, they get fired. Stern loves him some Duncan.

edit: by the way, I totally agree, I don't mean to imply we lost only because of the officiating, we lost because we didn't step up defensively in the second half. The officiating was what kept our shitty second half from becoming a win, because the Spurs weren't really playing all that hot either.

Good luck tonight

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    its good for the nba if golden state gets far in the playoffs. the run-n-gun style of play is more fun to watch, and in fact, my biggest critique of nba hoops is that when it breaks down into half-court play, its too predictable

Name a Champion that's won w/ a stricktly run-n-gun style?
    The Dubs halfcourt game was real suspect in the first three quarters last night.

. i also think baron davis has been underrated throughout his career, so its nice to see him get some shine.

He was gettin mad love from the NBA when he came into the L. His popularity dropped because dude was fat or hurt most of the time. He's also playing in a system that benefits his style and finally has some talent around him.

its good for the nba if golden state gets far in the playoffs. the run-n-gun style of play is more fun to watch, and in fact, my biggest critique of nba hoops is that when it breaks down into half-court play, its too predictable

The Dubs halfcourt game was real suspect in the first three quarters last night.

This is a misconception. Magic & 'em could play in the halfcourt. They were far from the Denver Nuggets under Doug Moe who tried to outscore the opposition. Kareem was not on some Amare Stoudamire steez.
    Magic has stated on TNT time and time again that they tempered their run-n-gun steez w/ hellafied transition and halfcourt grind out styles. Cooper was a hell of a one on one defender.

"run n gun" is a vague term that doesnt describe a particular offense. you mentioned doug moe's squad, well, what about paul westphal's loyala team (bo kimble era), they took that sh*t to a whole new level. there was a story about a d-3 college team that was taking shots within 10 seconds of imbounding the ball on every play. they just wore out opponents and sent in subs in shifts of 5. golden state might not be a championship contender (this year) but they are proving that the nba norm of scoring 90 some points a game in a half court offense isn't a prerequisite for success.

"run n gun" is a vague term that doesnt describe a particular offense. golden state might not be a championship contender (this year) but they are proving that the nba norm of scoring 90 some points a game in a half court offense isn't a prerequisite for success.

Well it remains to be seen. The Suns/Mavs/Nuggets and the rest of the new Forward as Center teams havent gotta a ring since the shift fromm the slow ass Riley Knicks Grind out style.

Pistons/Bulls/Rockets/Pistons/Spurs/Heat are still halfcourt teams.

But maybe this season is a changing of the guard.

These Bulls can run and play halfcourt(w/out a Post threat).

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

mo fuckin Dubs

I was buggin' off the fact that the majority of the crowd at Oakland was wearing throwback Warriors colors. Was that more of a tribute to the last GS team that went to the playoffs or is it because everybody agrees that navy and safety orange are not a good look? They should switch back to the blue and gold full time.

i think people still have a bunch of the old jerseys that they are breaking out for the playoffs. i know i have a webber and a hardaway jersey somewhere at my parents place that i should go and find now.

im all for them just rocking the throwbacks though.

btw anybody see B-Legit in the stands at the warriors game? I want to say dude was sitting a few rows back behind the scorers table but i cant confirm it. ANybody else see that?

jessica alba up the stands, kate hudson and even carlos santana!

• RKW, "The Illuminati" are gonna be taking out my frustrations on the "rkdub-allstars" this week, ya heard?

I saw Santana. That would have been dope if TNT recognized B-Legit, haha.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "The Illuminati" are gonna be taking out my frustrations on the "rkdub-allstars" this week, ya heard?

^^^The last gasps for air of Mavericknation.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I was buggin' off the fact that the majority of the crowd at Oakland was wearing throwback Warriors colors. Was that more of a tribute to the last GS team that went to the playoffs or is it because everybody agrees that navy and safety orange are not a good look? They should switch back to the blue and gold full time.

i feel like the blue/gold look is something they've been pushing the last few years with the re-introduction of the throwbacks. those we believe shirts they gave out at game 3 were gold, so i think it's something they're still down with.

• "The Illuminati" are gonna be taking out my frustrations on the "rkdub-allstars" this week, ya heard?

^^^The last gasps for air of Mavericknation.

Huh? Do you even know what this is a reference to? It's the Soulstrut FBL is all.

Just wondering. I don't get your response.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

man, to be a celebrity. "yeah get me a couple of courtside tickets to that dubs game."

Done

man, to be a celebrity. "yeah get me a couple of courtside tickets to that dubs game."

Done

i read that kate hudson went to high school w/ baron and jessica alba is a friend of baron. baron be rolling in some nice circles yo.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

i feel like the blue/gold look is something they've been pushing the last few years with the re-introduction of the throwbacks. those we believe shirts they gave out at game 3 were gold, so i think it's something they're still down with.

Wrong city these days but still

RKW, "The Illuminati" are gonna be taking out my frustrations on the "rkdub-allstars" this week, ya heard?

bring it! i have an influx of infielders for some reason. want to trade for future hall of famer craig biggio?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Wrong city these days but still

All I know is that when I saw the gold hoodie with The City logo, I instantly knew I had to own one.

• Do they play the Journey song early and often at Oracle??

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I don't like this one as much but it's still better than the current one: