NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    "The Illuminati" are gonna be taking out my frustrations on the "rkdub-allstars" this week, ya heard?

^^^The last gasps for air of Mavericknation.

Huh? Do you even know what this is a reference to? It's the Soulstrut FBL is all.

Just wondering. I don't get your response.

Oh--I thought you were referring to the Private Mind Garden group of hoodlums who you fantasize descending upon the Warriors (dubs) in their sleep, so as to guarantee a victory for the Mavs at home tomorrow night.

I see now that I was wrong.

• "The Illuminati" are gonna be taking out my frustrations on the "rkdub-allstars" this week, ya heard?

^^^The last gasps for air of Mavericknation.

Huh? Do you even know what this is a reference to? It's the Soulstrut FBL is all.

Just wondering. I don't get your response.

Oh--I thought you were referring to the Private Mind Garden group of hoodlums who you fantasize descending upon the Warriors (dubs) in their sleep, so as to guarantee a victory for the Mavs at home tomorrow night.

I see now that I was wrong.

Haha. There's about 1000 posts of mine you could quote and rip me for but that one was strictly fantasy-baseball related.

b/w

This sucks.

• I am saying though. I know there have been Warriors fans reppin in the NBA thread since last year but some of y'all are emerging out the woodwork on some Johnny-come-lately-fairweather-fan steez.

I am saying though. I know there have been Warriors fans reppin in the NBA thread since last year but some of y'all are emerging out the woodwork on some Johnny-come-lately-fairweather-fan steez.

At this juncture, you might as well consider everyone who isn't a Mavericks fan to be running behind the Warriors bandwagon. Everyone loves an upset. And with all the prognosticating ya'll have done this season, the rest of us quite enjoy watching your chests deflate.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

• I am saying though. I know there have been Warriors fans reppin in the NBA thread since last year but some of y'all are emerging out the woodwork on some Johnny-come-lately-fairweather-fan steez.

At this juncture, you might as well consider everyone who isn't a Mavericks fan to be running behind the Warriors bandwagon. Everyone loves an upset. And with all the prognosticating ya'll have done this season, the rest of us quite enjoy watching your chests deflate.

That's cold-blooded, bruh....cold-blooded. Where is the humanity?

Cornered animal man. We still got hearts to break. I'm taking they slogan "WE BELIEVE"!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I am saying though. I know there have been Warriors fans reppin in the NBA thread since last year but some of y'all are emerging out the woodwork on some Johnny-come-lately-fairweather-fan steez.

truf.com

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I was buggin' off the fact that the majority of the crowd at Oakland was wearing throwback Warriors colors. Was that more of a tribute to the last GS team that went to the playoffs or is it because everybody agrees that navy and safety orange are not a good look? They should switch back to the blue and gold full time.

The majority of the crowd for the last two games have been wearing these yellow "We Believe" t's. A fan actually pressed them up himself and started handed them out at the end of the regular season. The team then took them up and printed a bunch out with Comcast Cable on the back.

truf.com

Hey, you can catch me on my site too:

www.SHATTEREDCRUSHEDANDPOWDERIZEDDREAMS.COM

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

That's cold-blooded, bruh....cold-blooded. Where is the humanity?

Cornered animal man. We still got hearts to break. I'm taking they slogan "WE BELIEVE"!

phoenix came back down 3-1 to take that series last year against the lakers so this series is far from over.

I hope the dubs can finish this in game 5 cause id imagine there will be some pressure coming back to oakland in game 6.

al harrington looks lost as f*ck! im trying to check out his playoff stats when he was with the pacers but no luck. dude needs to have a solid game and so does monta ellis.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As far as saying the Warriors can only play run n gun, what games have you been watching???

Almost the entire game last night was half court basketball. The other games have also had long stretches where the game has been slowed down to Dallas' pace. In all of those situations the Warriors have been able to execute. Mostly because Davis and others have been able to drive to the basket on just about anyone that the Mavs have put out on the court on defense.

• Mostly because Davis and others have been able to drive to the basket on just about anyone that the Mavs have put out on the court on defense.

It's pretty much Davis and whatever 2-guard y'all have playing the 4 and being guarded by Dirk.

theyll also have to shoot better at the free throw line.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    As far as saying the Warriors can only play run n gun, what games have you been watching???

Almost the entire game last night was half court basketball. The other games have also had long stretches where the game has been slowed down to Dallas' pace. In all of those situations the Warriors have been able to execute. Mostly because Davis and others have been able to drive to the basket on just about anyone that the Mavs have put out on the court on defense.

Did the Dubs make their run w/in the halfcourt execution game or they managed to speed it up to their preferred tempo in the second half?

• REFERENDUM:

Should players be able to make "Yeah, I meant to do that" faces when they hit a out-of-their-ass-long-range-heave ala b. davis at the end of the first half last night?

I SAY 'NO'. U GOT LUCKY DOG. IT SHOULD BE MORE LIKE THE MJ SHRUGGING AT PORTLAND SIDELINE FACE.

How Rwprk where is my Avater dog? You won......now son me!!!!!

REFERENDUM:

Should players be able to make "Yeah, I meant to do that" faces when they hit a out-of-their-ass-long-range-heave ala b. davis at the end of the first half last night?

I SAY 'NO'. U GOT LUCKY DOG. IT SHOULD BE MORE LIKE THE MJ SHRUGGING AT PORTLAND SIDELINE FACE.

What do u do? He did try.

How Rwprk where is my Avater dog? You won......now son me!!!!!

That game coulda gone 50/50!!!

embrace it!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    REFERENDUM:

players practice those shots all the time, because, as i'm sure we've all seen many many times, they matter. if a player like Davis can make them maybe 5-10% of the time, then i think that's something to get excited about.

• I hate that the Mavs wasted Stackhouse's filthy block on the dunk attempt towards the end. That was supposed to be a momentum-changer/deal-sealer.

REFERENDUM:

The best part about that sequence, to me, was when Davis ran over and pointed at Pietrus and another teammate like, are you ready to do this shit? Let's go!

I didn't get the sense Davis "called it".

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

I SEE YOU YOU SALTY DOG OF THE SEA! I just never touch these threads 'cause I'm too busy nerding out on music, but I am no Johnny come lately dubs fan. The best part of last night was, I've been to probably ten games this season, dj'ed at a few no less, and that was the first win I had witnessed so far this year. GLORIUS. I have no voice today.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    REFERENDUM:

If you remember a few weeks back Sheed's, rediculous 75 foot 3 pointer to put the game with the Nuggets into overtime, he claimed to have called it but supposedly the crowd was too loud and nobody heard him. haha. Fuckin' 'sheed.

On that note, I think Baron really did mean to do that.

I hate that the Mavs wasted Stackhouse's filthy block on the dunk attempt towards the end. That was supposed to be a momentum-changer/deal-sealer.

That was a nasty block. Stackhouse looked about 10 years younger in the last game.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    REFERENDUM:

If you remember a few weeks back Sheed's, rediculous 75 foot 3 pointer to put the game with the Nuggets into overtime, he claimed to have called it but supposedly the crowd was too loud and nobody heard him. haha. Fuckin' 'sheed.

On that note, I think Baron really did mean to do that.

GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS!

I SEE YOU YOU SALTY DOG OF THE SEA! I just never touch these threads 'cause I'm too busy nerding out on music, but I am no Johnny come lately dubs fan. The best part of last night was, I've been to probably ten games this season, dj'ed at a few no less, and that was the first win I had witnessed so far this year. GLORIUS. I have no voice today.

If I'm goin out, I'm goin out like Dean Bitterman.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    faux_rillz, you are such a little toy man. That shit you posted is really fucking old. Why do you have such a boner for Dirk man? That shit is gay dood. You don't talk about NBA shit for a week and then post some shit like that? Fucking stalker.

I did not realize one's right to post in the playoffs thread could be revoked as a result of failing to post daily. I will try not to neglect you little dudes like that again.

Also: plaese to elaborate on how posting in the playoffs thread re: the putative MVP on the occasion of his great humiliation renders one a "stalker". This should be delicious.

is the MVP vote official?

Call me

Quietest MVP decision evar?

I've herard more about Marcus Camby being voted DPotY than I have about Dirk getting MVP.

• faux_rillz, you are such a little toy man. That shit you posted is really fucking old. Why do you have such a boner for Dirk man? That shit is gay dood. You don't talk about NBA shit for a week and then post some shit like that? Fucking stalker.

I did not realize one's right to post in the playoffs thread could be revoked as a result of failing to post daily. I will try not to neglect you little dudes like that again.

Also: plaese to elaborate on how posting in the playoffs thread re: the putative MVP on the occasion of his great humiliation renders one a "stalker". This should be delicious.

What makes you a stalker is you have two NBA-centric posts in the last week, both issuances of negativity towards Dirk, and one of them you had to go into the archives to retrieve.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

I've herard more about Marcus Camby being voted DPotY than I have about Dirk getting MVP.

Dirk is a great player...not sure if he deserved MVP this year, but a future HOF, so assuming kobe took himself out of the running, i'd have to go with either him or Nash.

Wtf is up with Raja Bell getting first team all-defense, while Ben Wallace is second team???!!?? They didnt do it by positions. There are 4 guards on the first team. If Bell was on any other team, he'd be a borderline bum. Watch him next game. He just chills on offense, waits for Nash to drive, and then spots up on the 3 point line for a wide open shot. He should have a lot of energy on defense considering how much he can coast while Nash runs the show. I'd bet the players around the league talk shit behind his back. Kobe said something about him being a good defender but he torches him every game. Not impressed.