NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• Go Bulls.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Someone please get an mpeg of that play in the first half where kobe made shawn marion fall on his ass.

Kobe didn't make Marion fall on his ass. Marion lost his footing and fell down before Kobe was anywhere near him. Did you watch the game or just the highlights? I wouldn't normally try to stick up for Marion because he's my least favorite Sun, but that's what I saw happen.

Either way, necessary win for the Lakers.

Now I want to see the Bulls get 3 in a row, and then I wanna see the Warriors get at least their first one at home, and of course the Nuggets MUST win tomorrow since I'ma be in the can. And hopefully in the bottle, if you know what I mean.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Someone please get an mpeg of that play in the first half where kobe made shawn marion fall on his ass.

Kobe didn't make Marion fall on his ass. Marion lost his footing and fell down before Kobe was anywhere near him. Did you watch the game or just the highlights? I wouldn't normally try to stick up for Marion because he's my least favorite Sun, but that's what I saw happen.

I thought you meant the one when they were under the hoop. There was a similar play, i think maybe a little earlier in the same quarter. Anyway, you're still wrong, even the announcers during the game said Marion slipped there.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Marion was shooting really poorly and doing nothing to stop Kobe. I cry, but I know they will try harder and win the next two. Barbosa, Nash, Marion, STAT..come on!!!!

I am dealing with it.

I thought you meant the one when they were under the hoop. There was a similar play, i think maybe a little earlier in the same quarter. Anyway, you're still wrong, even the announcers during the game said Marion slipped there.

dude....

you could not have scripted a better sonning. he slipped because kobe juked him out of his sneakers.

dude....

you could not have scripted a better sonning. he slipped because kobe juked him out of his sneakers.

he probably slipped on some sweat. he didn't get his ankles broke. now enough with trying to itterate your very first sonning. it ain't happening. i know the difference between juking a defender and making a move to the basket and the defender slipping. if you think that was some amazing juke then you need to watch more of iverson's moves to witness the real.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    if you think that was some amazing juke then you need to watch more of iverson's moves to witness the real.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    2-1

whatever

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I think the problem with the Suns last night is that they kicked so much Laker ass in the first two games, the Suns decided to stay with what had been working... It was a bad decision, because of PHIL FUCKING JACKSON, (aka: Satan). Everyone knows that the Suns offense in a half court set works because of the high pic-n-roll set, everyone also knows (and I have no idea why someone didn't think of this sooner) that Nash goes left 95% of the time when his defender hits the pic set by Amare or Diaw. The Lakers made a simple adjustment, forced the play away from the top of the 3 point line, toward the left, and had the center flash in Nash's lane as soon as the pic was set. They didn't swipe at the ball, just used their wingspan to block off a route long enough to cause Nash to hesitate, allowing his (Nash's) defender to go over the screen, while Odom would cross the lane and block off the pass to the cutting Amare/Diaw. Nash would be effectively trapped preventing him from tossing an entry pass, and would usually dribble into another set, or toss a cross court to Barbosa/Bell/Jones who were waiting on the weak side, but would usually be taken out by that weird triangle 2-3 zone that would result as soon as Nash let the ball go. That coupled with Farmar's full court pressure (resulting in a steal and 2 points) killed a lot of clock, and as the seconds tick off of every 24, the Suns are less likely to be able to pull off a set, and make some easy buckets. It was a good plan, and I think the key last night was Kwame, who must be taking some St. John's Wort or something, because that is the first time I have ever seen his brain actually work (outside of the two 3 second calls, dipshit can't count...). When Bynum was in, the normal screen and roll worked twice for the Suns, resulting in 5 points (+1 on a foul), but Jackson limited Bynum's PT effectively, and Brown kept his head on him for most of the night. Props to the Lakers on the effective defensive plans, Marion/Jones/Bell had shit nights and couldn't make their layups. Also, Amare's first foul was bullshit, but to be expected as the visitor on the court, and was the key in keeping him off the floor.

Also: Someone tell Smush Parker that the ball has to touch the rim for a new shot clock. That idiot will not be in the NBA next season.

i know the difference between juking a defender and making a move to the basket and the defender slipping.

this is getting out of hand, but if this is really your argument, then...to steal one of Yuichi's lines, you are obviously a non-baller!!!

marion wouldn't have slipped if kobe didnt make that move, right?? or are you really trying to maintain that, just at the precise moment that kobe made that sick move to the hoop, marion slipped on...an unmopped area of sweat? his own feet? a banana peel?

get serious.

as if marion didn't embarass himself enough with that wnba looking two-hand chest pass he calls a jumpshot, he had to try and get in the middle of kobe and his highlight reel.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

as if marion didn't embarass himself enough with that wnba looking two-hand chest pass he calls a jumpshot

My point wasn't that Kobe didn't get the best of Marion, it was that it wasn't that special of a "juke" as you call it. Marion's slipping made it look good, but Kobe didn't even cross him over, he just drove to the basket, no juke involved. He literally ran forward dribbling the ball in the same hand, no side movement, no crossover, he just ran past him. You're making it out to be some kind of monumental amazing crossver ankle breaking, even starting a thread about it, when it wasn't anything special to begin with. I could give a fuck about Marion, I don't even care for him. But you are guzzling Kobenut like a thirst-quenched middle school kid after gym class at the water fountain. I watched the game and that was far from the most exciting play Kobe made. And I don't know what he slipped on, he just slipped. Probably sweat, yes. You can see pretty clearly in the video that when he tries to run, one of his feet slips up and he falls. Was that partially Kobe's doing? Yes, Kobe slipped past Marion and Marion fell down went boom. OK? Feel better? It was still nothing to write home about. OK I'm going to lunch.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Also, in regards to Bynum, I think that is one young piece of the team that shows a lot of promise. I would not get rid of the kid. He is only 18, he's 7'1", and he's going to be the next low post scoring threat on the lakers. If he is conditioned right, he's going to be a pretty big asset to the team. He needs to become a bit stronger among other things, but he's so young right now. And he's being training by KAJ. That's a bonus.

Cosignature. He's still young and pretty raw, but he's got a lot of potential. And I don't mean Kwame Brown-style "potential," I mean potential he can actually realize. If he stays on the path he's on now in terms of development, he's going to be a very nice player.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    guzzling Kobenut like a thirst-quenched middle school kid after gym class at the water fountain

!!!

Kobe didn't even cross him over, he just drove to the basket, no juke involved. He literally ran forward dribbling the ball in the same hand, no side movement, no crossover, he just ran past him.

kobe did what people who play basketball like to call an "inside out dribble". basically, he made it look like he was gonna crossover. Marion took the bait and when kobe kept it in the same hand, Marion had already commited to moving his feet as if kobe was gonna go left. that is how he ended up on his ass.

if you want some more schooling, i'm here until 6:30 or so.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I just ask one thing.....

After the Lakers get knocked out of the playoffs by the Suns can this thread become a Kobe-free zone.

Plaese.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

After the Lakers get knocked out of the playoffs by the Suns can this thread become a Kobe-free zone.

Plaese.

As long as Dirk gets the same treatment. It's only fair.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    JimBeam, are you Marc Ivaroni????

I say make this a Dirk and Kobe free zone after the WCF, haha!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Plaese.

Absolfuckinlutely.

Once the Mavs are out, no more Dirk riding!!

• I just ask one thing.....

Plaese.

Goes without saying. We'll be back in our caves by then, or maybe offering equally brilliant commentary on whichever teams cheated and/or were allowed to advance ahead of us.

Kobe didn't even cross him over, he just drove to the basket, no juke involved. He literally ran forward dribbling the ball in the same hand, no side movement, no crossover, he just ran past him.

kobe did what people who play basketball[/b] like to call an "inside out dribble". basically, he made it look like he was gonna crossover. Marion took the bait and when kobe kept it in the same hand, Marion had already commited to moving his feet as if kobe was gonna go left. that is how he ended up on his ass.

Wait, tell me again which team you play for? Oh that's right...

You're doing a good job at trying to make it look like you're right though, props on that!

I'm done with this particular subject though, moving on...

I say make this a Dirk and Kobe free zone after the WCF, haha!

Yes, and replace it all with Stoudemire praise. I'm with that, he doesn't get enough love here for the caliber of player he is.

IF the Mavs and Suns both make it through to the WCF, that's going to be an awesome series. We will see if Stoudemire is that piece of the puzzle that makes the Suns a Finals-bound team. I personally think he is. How many people here have the Suns going to the Finals this year?

• I say make this a Dirk Nash and Kobe free zone after the second round, haha!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

kobe did what people who play basketball[/b] like to call an "inside out dribble". basically, he made it look like he was gonna crossover. Marion took the bait and when kobe kept it in the same hand, Marion had already commited to moving his feet as if kobe was gonna go left. that is how he ended up on his ass.

Wait, tell me again which team you play for?

He watched Kobe from the bench a couple of times in high school! My man's got qualificationz!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

'fraid not... although I do predict a TON of screens away from the ball by the Suns on offense this Sunday. Watch how quickly Kwame picks up defensive PF's... guy's not too bright, and neither Bell nor Marion will back down from taking a hit, or at least create the perception of a hit. The trouble with the Laker's current defensive strategy is it's pretty one-dimensional. The Suns lost b/c they didn't have a chance to plan a counter-attack.

Suns by 8 on Sunday, they'll take the one back home too. The talent scale tips too much in their favor in this series.

As far as not talking in this thread about players after their playoff exit, I'm all for it. Two more games, no more Kobe talk. I'm afraid Dirk will be around for a while though, and I am actually hoping to see some more t-mac/yao talk in here in the second round too.

• What up strutters, I had to post for this one. I'm a 19 year old (park, ymca, high school) baller and i've coached for the last 3 years. To me it's more embarrassing to get beat without even making a move and that reverse layup that kobe made where he hung in the air for half the first quarter was rediculous!

No gremlin needed.

What up strutters, I had to post for this one. I'm a 19 year old (park, ymca, high school) baller and i've coached for the last 3 years. To me it's more embarrassing to get beat without even making a move

case closed!

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    What up strutters, I had to post for this one. I'm a 19 year old (park, ymca, high school) baller and i've coached for the last 3 years. To me it's more embarrassing to get beat without even making a move and that reverse layup that kobe made where he hung in the air for half the first quarter was rediculous!

No gremlin needed.

whats good 32, welcome. which ymca do you play at? ever ball at the SRC?

• BULLS!!!

• BULLS!!!

are people ready to stop sleeping on my team yet???

hopefully this win shut up the critics