NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    no talk about the bulls-heat game? i'd like to deflect all the kobe-hate on shaq for a minute.....he's horrible!!!

wade has a lot of heart, but this series is over. ben gordon will be an all-star next season. he was killin 'em last night.

Yeah I was saying. The Bulls looked cool calm and collected and Miami looked DONE.

Shaq looked like an old bag on the court, losing the ball, getting stripped, missing easy buckets. How much older is 'Zo? They played about the same age.

Wade is a beast but he's not at 100% and his squad isn't stepping up. One of the comentators last night mentioned that the Heat this whole year seemed to lack urgency in defending their title. That is right. They have been playing like everyone will roll over and let them walk back to the championship. I say they lose in 5.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    no talk about the bulls-heat game? i'd like to deflect all the kobe-hate on shaq for a minute.....he's horrible!!!

wade has a lot of heart, but this series is over. ben gordon will be an all-star next season. he was killin 'em last night.

Yeah I was saying. The Bulls looked cool calm and collected and Miami looked DONE.

Shaq looked like an old bag on the court, losing the ball, getting stripped, missing easy buckets. How much older is 'Zo? They played about the same age.

Zo's two years older and has one less kidney.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Predictions for tonight's Mavs-Warriors match-up!

Dallas:

1) Will return to traditional line-up with Diop at center. He can block shots and more importantly killed GS on the boards. Needs to keep out of foul trouble.

2) If Diop gets fouls will they play Damp more? They should be able to get 40 min between the two of them and dominate the glass. Is Damp hurt or in the shit house?

3) Dirk needs to get some easy shots early to get going on offense. He needs to get the ball in a spot he likes and take a shot immediately instead of dribbling. Getting on track offensively for him and the team are a must.

4) Give the ball to D. Harris more. He can't be stopped driving to the whole.

5) Need to get better contributions from Stack off the bench

6) Need to double team Baron Davis and get the ball out of his hands. Alternatively they could play off of him and hope he shoots more, a weak spot for him, instead of driving so much

7) Need to pay more attention to Stephen Jackson on defense. Next to Davis he might be the 2nd most important player for the team as a facilitator

8) Team overall needs to improve their shooting because they finished with shooting only 35 FG%

Warriors:

1) Need to get the whole team going on offense. Richardson and Ellis had sub-par games. Harrington and Petreaus could contribute more as well. They can't expect Davis to have another explosive finish, the whole team needs to help

2) If they're getting out rebounded bring in Biedrins earlier to fight on the glass. He's their best rebounder

3) Keep swarming Dirk as soon as he puts the ball on the floor.

4) Keep driving to the hole and take out Dallas' big men

5) Stay away from excessive 3-pointers. One of the big weakness of the team has been to get too happy from the outside instead of driving inside

6) Keep exploiting any mismatches. A perfect example was when Davis got the ball 3 times in a row on the left side of the court to pick up foul after foul on D. George

7) Try to keep D. Harris out of the paint. Tempt him to shoot from the outside instead

Zo's two years older and has one less kidney.

OK. I thought he had a few more years on Shaq... well let's just say Shaq was playing like he was missing a kidney, then.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Barbosa and others had like 10 too many easy layups. Youth = brain dead, and not enough heart.

I knew I didn't want to see Phoenix in the first round, but I was far underestimating Amare's presence in the middle. He alters shots. And I was kinda hoping Amare would disrupt the flow of the run and gun, but I forgot that he was a big that can move...
    doh! They remind me of the prime time Kings. Everyone on the court is a threat.

DAMN STRAIGHT

ROLL CALL

STEVE "MV3" NASH
    AMARE "STAT" STOUDEMIRE
    SHAWN "THE MATRIX" MARION
    LEANDRO "THE BRAZILIAN BLUR" BARBOSA
    RAJA "ANNOYANT" BELL
    BORIS "BOOM BOOM" DIAW
    JAMES "JR" JONES

ADD THE POLISH RIFLE PIATKOWSKI, PATTY BURKE, AND JALEN ROSE...

IT'S
    OVER

• Is Jalen Rose done? Wonder why he doesn't ever see PT. You'd think he could be successful in that system, at bare minimum as a long-range bomber.

Damn I can't wait til 8:30.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Is Jalen Rose done? Wonder why he doesn't ever see PT. You'd think he could be successful in that system, at bare minimum as a long-range bomber.

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    * BATMON GETS HIS WISH *[/b]

Wednesday, April 25, 2007
    Carlisle won't return as Pacers head coach[/b]
    ESPN.com news services

Rick Carlisle is stepping down as coach of the Indiana Pacers, team president of basketball operations Larry Bird announced Wednesday.

Bird said he and Carlisle "mutually agreed its time for him to move on ," Bird said. "It's time to close the chapter on this season and move forward. "

Amid distractions and injuries, the Pacers finished the season 35-47, their worst since 1988-89, and missed the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. Indiana was 29-24 shortly after the All-Star break, but lost its next 11 games to fall out of the top eight in the Eastern Conference. A loss to Detroit on April 3 clinched the Pacers' first losing season since 1996-97.

Carlisle has a 181-147 record in four seasons in Indiana and a 281-211 overall mark in six seasons with the Pacers and Detroit Pistons. But his victory total has declined each season since the Pacers won 61 games in 2003-04.

Carlisle managed to get the Pacers into the playoffs in 2004-05, despite the chaos caused by the team's brawl with Detroit Pistons fans and losing Ron Artest, who touched off the brawl, to a season-long suspension as a result. He also steered the Pacers into the playoffs in 2005-06, when Artest demanded to be traded halfway through the season.

Carlisle was the 2001-02 NBA coach of the year, as the Pistons improved from 32-50 to 50-32 and reached the Eastern Conference finals.

"Rick's contributions to this franchise, first as an assistant coach, then as a head coach, have been tremendous," Bird said in a prepared statement announcing the news. "This is a mutual decision and we're happy that Rick will consider remaining with the franchise."

"My wife, Donna, and I are very grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of a great organization like the Indiana Pacers for seven of the last 10 years," Carlisle said in the announcement. "This is a class organization with great leadership and a loyal fan base that's second to none."

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Is Jalen Rose done? Wonder why he doesn't ever see PT. You'd think he could be successful in that system, at bare minimum as a long-range bomber.

isn't it 9:30?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

8:30 CST

• Is Jalen Rose done? Wonder why he doesn't ever see PT. You'd think he could be successful in that system, at bare minimum as a long-range bomber.

Probably so where you are. Do you need the wikipedia link for "time zones"?

Is anyone not in Cleveland or the District watching Cavs/Bullets?

Lookin forward to Spurs/Nugs game 2 as well.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

sorry,

Is anyone not in Cleveland or the District watching Cavs/Bullets?

Lookin forward to Spurs/Nugs game 2 as well.

Cleveland series is a dud. Washington has too many injuries = not a chance.

Lakers-Suns are a disappointment for me.

Not interested in the Bulls-Mami, Nets-Toronto, Pistons series that much.

Can't stand that half court stuff from Utah or Houston.

Warriors-Mavs are obviously #1 on my list, but the Spurs-Nuggets are #2 now. This might actually be a series where I enjoy watching the Spurs.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Sign of a non-baller. What were you expecting? A much more tightly played series with the Suns advancing in a thrilling fashion, like last year?

Sign of a non-baller. What were you expecting? A much more tightly played series with the Suns advancing in a thrilling fashion, like last year?

I expect the Lakers to put up a fight, which would equal entertaining basketball. Blow outs are not fun to watch like last night.

And stop whining.

I expect the Lakers to put up a fight, which would equal entertaining basketball. Blow outs are not fun to watch like last night.

And stop whining.

I'm loving your objective and almost scholastic approach to basketball analysis. It really doesn't get any better.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Not interested in the Bulls-Mami, Nets-Toronto

These two series are:

Please to request a lengthy, bullet-pointed treatsie on why you don't like the Eastern Conference. Is it the fact that they play defense? I know it gets in the way sometimes.

Not interested in the Bulls-Mami, Nets-Toronto

These two series are:

Please to request a lengthy, bullet-pointed treatsie on why you don't like the Eastern Conference. Is it the fact that they play defense? I know it gets in the way sometimes.

I like D. Wade and the Nets, but just not interested in those match-ups.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Chicago/Miami is my favorite current match-up in the East. I can't wait for my East coast pick to run through the Heat and battle it out against the mighty Detroit Pistons in the next round. I'm sorry folks, but Miami is not going to overcome this time. I like Wade, I like Shaq, hell, I like most of the Heat, but they aren't playing like they really want it this year, and their lack of intensity leads me to believe they have given up on themselves. Chicago gwon run tings. I like the match up though because you never know what Wade is going to pull, so the series could get interesting once they play in Miami. I just don't see them doing it this time, I really don't. And even if they do make it past Chicago, they aren't beating Detroit. Not happening! Haha.

3 HOURS TILL NUGS/SPURS!!!!

• Best NBA thread beef:

motown v. yuichi

or

faux_rillz v. Pontecorvo ????

I'm close to the second one, so I prefer the first.

OAKLAND Vs. EVERYBODY!!!

• OAKLAND Vs. EVERYBODY!!!

How many of y'all Dubs fans are from SF and how many are from Oakland? Is Oakland a touch grittier than SF?

OAKLAND Vs. EVERYBODY!!!

How many of y'all Dubs fans are from SF and how many are from Oakland? Is Oakland a touch grittier than SF?

YES.

Hell what Jinx74 and RootlessCosmo say!

:::full disclosure:::

I am from Berkeley, which - while it has small patches of grittiness - was referred to by a teenage coworker as "the place where all the white people live."

Best NBA thread beef:

motown v. yuichi

or

faux_rillz v. Pontecorvo ????

I'm close to the second one, so I prefer the first.

I would ball up Motown like 11-0.

I don't know about the second matchup.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    :::full disclosure:::

I am from Berkeley, which - while it has small patches of grittiness - was referred to by a teenage coworker as "the place where all the white people live."

predictions for tonight's game:

Warriors 107
    Mavericks 103

don't know what the hell Nellie is talking about we don't have a chance tonight.

• predictions for tonight's game:

Warriors 107
    Mavericks 103

don't know what the hell Nellie is talking about we don't have a chance tonight.

You know what Nellie is doing. Classic Nellie downplaying of his squad.

Y'all are gettin too crunk though. I guess you figure y'all are gonna sweep the Mavs then, huh?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

You know what Nellie is doing. Classic Nellie downplaying of his squad.

Y'all are gettin too crunk though. I guess you figure y'all are gonna sweep the Mavs then, huh?

we have beat them 6 times in a row.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

we have beat them 6 times in a row.

+ I gotta rep for Toronto ... they will make it through this round

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    it's just wishful thinking. obviously the mavs are gonna come out hard as fuck, and i'd be very surprised if the warriors won tonight. heck i'll be surprised if they won the series, but i know they can do it, and as a fan gonna rep them to the fullest.