NBA Playoffs Batches!!!!

Comments

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

man, it's great watching the warriors in the playoffs. they didn't look nervous at all. took care of their biznass. 3 more to go.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Lakers crumbled in the 4th, kobe especially. his performance at the end of the 2nd was as amazing as his performance in the 4th was horrible though. i would say he needed to pass but no one else on the team was hitting anything either. great game up until the last quarter

Either of those teams look like NBA Champs???

Umm, at least the Suns WON game 1.................

Baron fucking Davis is a bad ass. It's just one game though, but still, it was a great win for the Warriors.

Oh, and since nobody menitoned it yet, DENVER BABY (edit: drewnice did mention it I think, sorry). Yeah I know, it's only one game, but the Spurs clearly have no answer for the Answer. Melo and AI combined for 61 points. Duncan, parker, Ginobli couldn't hit shit. That's scary though because next game I imagine they WILL hit a lot more of their shots. Their bench was hot. Our bench was not. However, we still played some tough defense throughout the game and I think the Spurs are a little too old. They can run with us but not for a whole game. If we keep pushing it as much as possible and keep them from setting up half court, we stand a good chance.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    phil jackson was awful in the second half.

- there is no way barbosa should have been able to get 7 or 8 uncontested layups

- the lakers offense came down to 2 options. either get it to Odom in the post or let kobe go one-on-three...for a jump shot. painful!

- smush parker was sleep walking. get him outta there!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

He played?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

He played?

He should have....can't be worse than Kwame

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

worst #1 pick ever

worst #1 pick ever

Andrew Bogut & Michael Olowakandi

worst #1 pick ever

Really.....ready to write off Bogut already???

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    kandi was pretty weak, but in my mind about comprable. i can't write off bogut yet.

worst #1 pick ever

Really.....ready to write off Bogut already???

I am jumping the gun but i dont see him joining the elite center club.

• Heat, Spurs, Mavs all lose game ones. Each team represents *somebody's* favorite.

How much do you put on Game Ones?

Do you see any/all of these teams losing their series?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I see The Heat and The Mavs losing. The Spurs, not so sure.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

- there is no way barbosa should have been able to get 7 or 8 uncontested layups

- the lakers offense came down to 2 options. either get it to Odom in the post or let kobe go one-on-three...for a jump shot. painful!

- smush parker was sleep walking. get him outta there!!

Odom seemed to be running the point for a while too. I have lost a lot of respect for Phil Jackson. I guess the "Zen Master" just defers to the nearest Superstar to run the show.

I see The Heat and The Mavs losing. The Spurs, not so sure.

Not even an Avatar bet???

I think it depends.

Chicago/Denver/Oakland did not decimate any of their competition.
    All three losing teams were in it for the most of the game.

Losing homecourt ADVANTAGE is not something to take lightly.

I wouldnt be shook though if I were a Spurs/Heat/Mavericks fan.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Heat, Spurs, Mavs all lose game ones. Each team represents *somebody's* favorite.

Do you see any/all of these teams losing their series?

Not a whole lot, and no (though the Heat look the most vulnerable of the three). The Spurs only lost by a couple in a game in which Duncan was downright crappy for the first half (and not exactly spectacular the rest of the way) and a lot of good shots were simply missed. The Mavs hung in despite a lousy game from Dirk and got buried by some dagger threes at the end.

Still, it was some exciting basketball all around.

• I would say the Warriors won pretty comfortably last night. There was no point in the game that I felt the Mavs had a handle on things...at all. 4 games in and I could see how someone could say/think "What answers do the Mavs have for the Warriors?". As a Mavs fan, you just have to trust in Avery, the system and the talent and think your team can still get this done. Getting average performances out of Dirk, JET and Stack would be a start. Those guys were bad last night.

I would say the Warriors won pretty comfortably last night. There was no point in the game that I felt the Mavs had a handle on things...at all. 4 games in and I could see how someone could say/think "What answers do the Mavs have for the Warriors?". As a Mavs fan, you just have to trust in Avery, the system and the talent and think your team can still get this done. Getting average performances out of Dirk, JET and Stack would be a start. Those guys were bad last night.

"Fuck that Shit!!! Fuck the Dubs and that Hipster-Hop Haircut havin' Matt Barnes mo fucka!"

Dont lose yo' swagger. ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm still taking bets.

Hey, I'll step up for the Warrior faithful.[/b] Looks like the Warriors stand a pretty good chance against the unrestrained power of a fully operational Maverick machine. Then again, it could play out like Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan where Khan gets the drop on the Enterprise in the first engagement but then Kirk steps up and Khan gets his comeuppance.

Shall we do Avatars at 20 paces? Here's my proposal, if the Mavs win, I can make up a custom animated avatar featuring images of your choosing for either my account or yours. If the Warriors win I will make you a custom animated avatar featuring images of my choosing for your account.

The Spurs only lost by a couple in a game in which Duncan was downright crappy for the first half (and not exactly spectacular the rest of the way) and a lot of good shots were simply missed.

Re: Spurs/Mavs - Yeah the big 3 were missing a lot of shots for the Spurs (which is partially because they were beign d'ed up pretty tough and partially because, well, no excuse really, duncan gino and parker were just lacklustre), but the bench was scoring more than normal, and vice versa with Denver. Denver's bench is strong these days and they all usually put up good numbers, none of them were on last night. It was almost all AI and Melo as far as points. It goes both ways. If both teams are scoring with their starters AND with their bench, it's still a close to even match up, and individually, I wanna say the match ups favor the Nuggets. I expect San Antonio to come out really strong in game 2, they will probably get a win, but I see, as I said before, this series going 7 games easily, with the Nuggets taking it when all is said and done.

We'll see if SA can find an answer to AI and Nene, but I doubt it. You cannot stop Allen Iverson, and Nene is proving to be more of a powerhouse than anybody expected.

I'm still taking bets.

Hey, I'll step up for the Warrior faithful.[/b] Looks like the Warriors stand a pretty good chance against the unrestrained power of a fully operational Maverick machine. Then again, it could play out like Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan where Khan gets the drop on the Enterprise in the first engagement but then Kirk steps up and Khan gets his comeuppance.

Shall we do Avatars at 20 paces? Here's my proposal, if the Mavs win, I can make up a custom animated avatar featuring images of your choosing for either my account or yours. If the Warriors win I will make you a custom animated avatar featuring images of my choosing for your account.

Sounds good.

• trust in Avery

ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE.

I don't see why I got glossed w/ the Whaaaa-mbulance. Taking time out to give some props to the Dubs...acquiescing to conventional wisdom. I still think my squad will prevail. More intense than I thought it would be though.

I still think my squad will prevail.

The Mavs are favored as the 2006-2007 NBA World Champions by most if not all of the people I have interracted with over the past week or two.

Either way, I think these playoffs have the ptotential to be better than last year's, and that's saying a lot, last year was entertaining as hell. It's just too bad we don't have Arenas/Butler in it this year!

• What I noticed about the Warriors last night is that they have some real athletes on that team -- like a team full of Amares of various height. Mavs looked old and slow. They will not be able to outrun this team ever, or tire them out. It doesn't even look like they can out-rebound the Warriors!

How can the Mavs win this series if GS plays like that every game?

What I noticed about the Warriors last night is that they have some real athletes on that team -- like a team full of Amares of various height. Mavs looked old and slow. They will not be able to outrun this team ever, or tire them out. It doesn't even look like they can out-rebound the Warriors!

How can the Mavs win this series if GS plays like that every game?

The Mavs had plenty of shot opportunities. I dont see them missing the same amount of shots like that again.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    What I noticed about the Warriors last night is that they have some real athletes on that team -- like a team full of Amares of various height.

after that trade mid-season they became one of the most athletic teams in the league no doubt. i just think they have some consistency/chemistry issues that make them falter every once in a while.

What I noticed about the Warriors last night is that they have some real athletes on that team -- like a team full of Amares of various height.

after that trade mid-season they became one of the most athletic teams in the league no doubt. i just think they have some consistency/chemistry issues that make them falter every once in a while.

Dudes came out hungry like a muthafucka. Mavs didnt show/have the same edge.

If Baron Davis doesnt play out his mind for the rest of the series who will pick up the slack?

• This is gonna be a VERY good post season..Nuggs,Dubs and Bulls upset specials..just watch..

• If Baron Davis doesnt play out his mind for the rest of the series who will pick up the slack?
    bet B.Diddy stays out of his mind the whole series..the dude is on fire..Plus who's gonna stop him?JT?