TAGSTYLE... Check the Technique

13»

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    My homebody who now lives in LA did a graff video that I helped with the soundtrack on, and now he's doing a follow up which looks really dope. He's got a bunch of previews online, peep:

And this one had embedding disabled for some reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYVpq5ufSKY

• Why did I think the girl who's real name is Dream, was Vogue? Who the fuck was the girl Dream then? Go aheead and hit ignore user because I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

DREAM

I guess she was just another nag champa enthusiast who liked to paint walls.

i think that's Dream Hampton who is a journalist/filmaker, etc.

Wowwww...heres who she is. Thats Dream Nefra, who i go waaaaay back with. she was a member of the b.u.l.l.d.o.g.s and is in the i gotta have it video.dream now designs hand made hats for heads like common....dream was dream when i met her in 84..her sister wrote dove...she was fly as shit...dream used to go out with my homie maze who now designs af1s for nike as well as shit for kid robot...maze is the cousin of to me the best writer to ever come out of boston...CLICK ! in the 80s...nobody was touchin click..all the cats that were jocked from nyc, click was the boston version. there was so much history in boston as far as graff goes.
    we used to have writers meets...200 kids just cant be fucked with, we took up every single train on the subway, racked what ever we wanted and just ran all of downtown.in the 80s boston was filled with gangs, alot of members wrote. now, shit is totally different.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Watch and learn.

Good to see my crew represented so well!

What documentary is this interview from?

boston

You know of a guy from boston that wrote alert?

• boston

of course....why ?

boston

of course....why ?

he's out by me these days. i don't know him or anything, but a bunch of people i know do. he paints with some friends of mine sometimes. i think he's influenced some cats out here a lot. i don't know a ton about boston graff, but i've heard he was pretty big time out there. been writing for quite a while.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Why did I think the girl who's real name is Dream, was Vogue? Who the fuck was the girl Dream then? Go aheead and hit ignore user because I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

DREAM

I guess she was just another nag champa enthusiast who liked to paint walls.

i think that's Dream Hampton who is a journalist/filmaker, etc.

Wowwww...heres who she is. Thats Dream Nefra, who i go waaaaay back with. she was a member of the b.u.l.l.d.o.g.s and is in the i gotta have it video.dream now designs hand made hats for heads like common....dream was dream when i met her in 84..her sister wrote dove...she was fly as shit...dream used to go out with my homie maze who now designs af1s for nike as well as shit for kid robot...maze is the cousin of to me the best writer to ever come out of boston...CLICK ! in the 80s...nobody was touchin click..all the cats that were jocked from nyc, click was the boston version. there was so much history in boston as far as graff goes.
    we used to have writers meets...200 kids just cant be fucked with, we took up every single train on the subway, racked what ever we wanted and just ran all of downtown.in the 80s boston was filled with gangs, alot of members wrote. now, shit is totally different.

Wow, thanks for the info. She was super cool when I hung with her a few times but she gave me shit about how "proper" my english was.

I have so many friends and acquaintances over the years that I've lost touch with.. It's great to hear some of them are doing good.

• boston

of course....why ?

he's out by me these days. i don't know him or anything, but a bunch of people i know do. he paints with some friends of mine sometimes. i think he's influenced some cats out here a lot. i don't know a ton about boston graff, but i've heard he was pretty big time out there. been writing for quite a while.

I will say this.

There has been some halfway decent Boston graf passing through my life these days. Unfortunately, it passes me by as I am driving to work at 65 mph. But, there is a great piece i pass every night on the way home that really makes me happy.

that is all.

vajdaj, where are you? boston graf needs your documentary style....

• Watch and learn.

What documentary is this interview from?

That's from that Doug Pray doc "Infamy"

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Thanks i must acquire this dvd now!!!

• It's well done, crazy how aerosol drunk / regular drunk Jase is. Dude said something about doing 85,000 freights or something and not being sober for one of them.

• boston

of course....why ?

I will say this.

There has been some halfway decent Boston graf passing through my life these days. Unfortunately, it passes me by as I am driving to work at 65 mph. But, there is a great piece i pass every night on the way home that really makes me happy.

that is all.

alert did his thing for sure.
    all i can say is as far as a boston documentary....heads better come correct.
    i see alot of focus on the 90s....85- 91 is where its really at.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    boston

of course....why ?

I will say this.

that is all.

alert did his thing for sure.
    all i can say is as far as a boston documentary....heads better come correct.
    i see alot of focus on the 90s....85- 91 is where its really at.

If you really want to learn about Boston graff history, I've gleaned a lot of knowledge/rumor/innuendo form the 12oz Boston thread. rangelineelevated: :bostonandmaineline: Hell, Lynn comes correct just by itself.

Now PROBLAK and them have authorized spots. ODESY told me last summer about a huge space they were trying to line up scaffolding to do. I think this was in Roxbury Crossing. Did this come to pass?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Haze taught me my/his E

Just saw these on an LA thread, too nice to resist:

MSKillers.

• I just got this book in the mail today..

Here is a quick look inside..

First thing I noticed was it seems to start with the Belmont era, but that was after a quick glance through it. It also comes with a CD Rom which it said includes audio interviews and 200 extra flicks.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I just got this book in the mail today..

Here is a quick look inside..

First thing I noticed was it seems to start with the Belmont era, but that was after a quick glance through it. It also comes with a CD Rom which it said includes audio interviews and 200 extra flicks.

Was gonna say...wasn't someone on here talking about working on this book?

i flipped through it at a store today. excellent work.

• yo radar peep the inactive crews list

Haha

Sunset & Sanborn, I used to drive up there, at the least, once a month to catch flicks. To answer a question from another thread, I do not have a flick of what you did down here in SD.

What did you think of the book, Firme?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    has anyone seen "piece by piece" the history of sf graf doc? i want to see it!

hey firmerola and jeffie graf. i bought 12 cans of hardcore the other day to mess around with.

and for your viewing pleasure

STYLE WARS![/b]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKS8C-mqGg8

damn thanks for reminding me about that Piece by Piece, it came to a theatre here last year and I missed out. I'm going to try to find that online somewhere.

• Drez that DUSTER UA is like the hottest shit I've seen in a long while. That dude was a huge inspiration to me.

I got really geeked as right down the street in LA on Gower and Hollywood there are a bunch of legal walls and there is a fresh new duster piece. Dude still has it. Such an ill ill style... i will try and take a pic later today...

• og serve killin it as usual...

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw them.

• Options

SOME on warehouse in BK, shot this while driving over the bridge a couple years ago

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Watch and learn.

WHAT!

Thats my man DEN! He can make clothes, beats and whatever else... I was with Enem and Den once down at Temple and Enem was ready to fight me... I was irritating him but not really on purpose thats just that Raystar side of me that I'm trying to reform... probably just a Philly attitude were you just test people all the time to see were they are coming from... sort of test them before they get you mentality... everytime Enem would talk I would cut him off... after a while he was like "Den, let me talk to you across the street"... Den was like "Ray, stay here..." I was like "Alright..." Raystar is a dickhead for real...

Where is this from?

P.S. its Densk[color:red]e[/color]!