TAGSTYLE... Check the Technique

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
We had Raekwon in the store last night. Before he left (after an hour and half Q&A to a packed house) he hit the wall of the store up... pretty decent style.

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Dude looks right handed

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i love the a to the e to the k part.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    He's no Kadism, that's for sure.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    pretty decent style.

for not being a writer? c'mon.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    is this a "peep dudes tight handstyles" thing
    or
    Dude blessed us at our store and we have proof. check it out. thing?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    considering you wrote check the technique i was expecting something better than i was doing in elementary school.

Yeah but he made the purple tape when you were in elementary. You had the purple tape in elementary.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dude that sucked.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Dude looks right handed

For real.

• He's no Kadism, that's for sure.

ha

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Its on some most artists that tag the wall can barely write type shit. Don't even get me started on Ghostface's tag which looked like a 3 year old.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    check the technique, see if you could follow it...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Watch and learn.

Good to see my crew represented so well!

Watch and learn.

Philly style. I knew it. I'm not much of a writer but I've always been in awe of this stuff.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    There's nothing in the world like Philly graffiti. Not to take anything away from traditional New York hands, or traditional California styles, but Philly scripts are a BEAST to themselves. And what N said is straight - as a Philly writer you have to learn and PERFECT 7,8,9 different styles.

I got mad styles.

Watch and learn.

oohhhhh shit enem... ask dude about almost gettin str8 stabbed the fuck up by dream(rip) & poem @ the fruitvale yard circa 90-91... ive kept the video footage on the DL for years!!! cuz i respected all parties involved
    i also gotta find some sick enem flix i have from his days in the bay, fuck talk about a blast from the past, dude had the ill bboy necklace back then, he made sick shit & was cool as fuck... he knew my homie rayge(poe,vob), the good ol' days

Whoa, shit. dream(rip) & poem were my shit. I love thier work. I actually kicked it with the girl Dream (Vouge) a couple of times. She's down to earth.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'm glad this is becoming another graf thread; we haven't had one in a minute.

just the other day I was strolling past the old psycho city which is right next to my place. I mourn the loss.

SF generally used to have a lot more rooftop flavor also. the game done changed.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Watch and learn.

oohhhhh shit enem... ask dude about almost gettin str8 stabbed the fuck up by dream(rip) & poem @ the fruitvale yard circa 90-91... ive kept the video footage on the DL for years!!! cuz i respected all parties involved
    i also gotta find some sick enem flix i have from his days in the bay, fuck talk about a blast from the past, dude had the ill bboy necklace back then, he made sick shit & was cool as fuck... he knew my homie rayge(poe,vob), the good ol' days

Me and the hommie go WAAAY back, high school shit, since before he moved to Oakland and linked up with TMP. Never knew about the yard incident but I knew him and Dream made their peace, N is TDK though. I was with him the day after Dream passed, he was so broken up about that. We all were, it was absolutely fucking terrible.

Maybe keep that footage under wraps, Drez!

Anyway yeah N is also KTS WAB ICY. He's a good dude, good to still see the dude pushing the crew.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah let's make this the OFFICIAL GRAFFITI THREAD.

YES. I am down for this.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I got mad styles.

cypher styles for miles. this timing is lovely, cosmo.

Why did I think the girl who's real name is Dream, was Vogue? Who the fuck was the girl Dream then? Go aheead and hit ignore user because I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

DREAM

I guess she was just another nag champa enthusiast who liked to paint walls.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I have posted a lot of flciks in previous threads, although I suppose I could go back and just copy the tags and repost here. Are we really making it official before I do it? Or do we start an official "GRAFF THREAD"? Holler.

ps - You know I love that Philly shit, illest hands ever! Nothing in the world like it.

ps - You know I love that Philly shit, illest hands ever! Nothing in the world like it.

First time I saw a dude from Philly tag on video was a jaw dropping experience. Dopest hand styles in the world, hands down.

Nah, i got all those at home, i just link to flicks off the net to share with folks here. My flicks at home are a damn mess. But I will post the flicks from the last 2 or 3 threads here, for the sake of flavor. Here goes...

reposted stolen flicks:

Before JA:

After JA:

Some Skuf:

The whole thing says "MADE U LOOK" and this was the 10th car at the end:

Some more stolen flicks. All different kinds, style shit, trains, streets, roll outs, etc.

RIP nace

kwest wholecar

koze tko kuv

king157 and Acee rtd

koze holy roler

honke ibd

jher rtd

pysa and rime

dr sex and colt45

sever

steel holy roler "worm"

setup

norm

cbs

dr sex painted in the day:

zes saber revok msk

koze whole building (that's him standing there)

arms

mfg crew

zoueh tko rollout

espo sever

nyc

giant (sf skulls giant, not obey) on the muni

setup and mq

"TIE" RIP by MQ