IMUS=ANUS-WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

12345679»

Comments

• I think he's reacting to the people who've been saying to take the crosshairs off of Sharpton when, considering his past, others have every right to put him in their sights.

Do you normally take hypocrites seriously?

Aaronbobo = above hypocrisy and therefore to be taken very seriously. Straight biblical with his.

May I suggest that you dudes that wish to discuss Al Sharpton's hypocrisy start a thread devoted to that subject? Because it has nothing to do with this one.

Not sure why you're attacking me... I was just offering my take on Sablahblah's post.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I think he's reacting to the people who've been saying to take the crosshairs off of Sharpton when, considering his past, others have every right to put him in their sights.

Aaronbobo = above hypocrisy and therefore to be taken very seriously. Straight biblical with his.

May I suggest that you dudes that wish to discuss Al Sharpton's hypocrisy start a thread devoted to that subject? Because it has nothing to do with this one.

Not sure why you're attacking me... I was just offering my take on Sablahblah's post.

Sabadabadoo apologist

• Ha!

No way.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

why are you people not pushing for this guys firing as well?

So there should be a public Witchhunt for language after this incendent?

Just let it go.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    please let my serial chainsaw killer kitty kill this cyclical, pointless thread

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I think he's reacting to the people who've been saying to take the crosshairs off of Sharpton when, considering his past, others have every right to put him in their sights.

Aaronbobo = above hypocrisy

Wait. Mike Seaver's Nikes = Aaaronbobo?

[quicklyeditssoulstrutdecoderbook]

I would have fired Imus if he worked for me.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I never called for Imus to be fired. But I aint crying. If you think an O'Riely firing can be orchestrated, I'm down.

There is a slight difference. O'Riely is very much making his racists comments in a political context. Racism is O'Riely's politics and Fox does not have a problem with those politics.

Imus was just being a meaniegoat. He was not picking on some powerful person in the public spot light, like Gwen Ifel, he was picking on teenage girls. Unfortunatley for him they turned out to be more powerfull than anyone thought.

Done.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    uh, a white man was sentenced to only 15 years for murdering and dismembering an african-american gentelmen...where is Sharpton and Jackson on this? Why isnt it on the national news every fucking day like this stupid incident?

Oh yeah, Imus is rich and famous...no one cares about real, sinister racism...

THIS THREAD SHOULD DIE!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

THIS THREAD SHOULD DIE!

So um, reparations: hot or not?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    saba, please.

this is not an al sharpton story, nor a jesse jackson story as so many conservatives want to make it.

when either of them says something stupid, which shouldn't be too long, make your point then. But, to blame them for something racist that Don Imus said is completely irrelavant.

when one of them says something racist or sexist on their radio show, I'll read your thread. until then, just let this die like an imus on cbs radio.

"when"??? I guess this doesn't count:

Rev. Jesse Jackson referred to Jews as "Hymies" and to New York City as "Hymietown" in January 1984 during a conversation with a black Washington Post reporter, Milton Coleman. Jackson had assumed the references would not be printed because of his racial bond with Coleman, but several weeks later Coleman permitted the slurs to be included far down in an article by another Post reporter on Jackson's rocky relations with American Jews.

A storm of protest erupted, and Jackson at first denied the remarks, then accused Jews of conspiring to defeat him. The Nation of Islam's radical leader Louis Farrakhan, an aggressive anti-Semite and old Jackson ally, made a difficult situation worse by threatening Coleman in a radio broadcast and issuing a public warning to Jews, made in Jackson's presence: "If you harm this brother [Jackson], it will be the last one you harm."

Finally, Jackson doused the fires in late February with an emotional speech admitting guilt and seeking atonement before national Jewish leaders in a Manchester, New Hampshire synagogue. Yet Jackson refused to denounce Farrakhan, and lingering, deeply rooted suspicions have led to an enduring split between Jackson and many Jews. The frenzy also heightened tensions between Jackson and the mostly white establishment press.

(for the record, I'm not defending Imus at all or blaming anyone but him for what he said)