IMUS=ANUS-WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
GRUMPY OLD NUMBSKULLED RACIST PEICE OF TRASH[or welcome to the it's easy to hate a bigot thread]I never liked dude and his neo yuppie conservative bsi'm superized egostrutripers haven't turned this into a 9 pager yertc'mon peopleset the flame

Comments

• tempest in a teapot if i ever saw one.

real heads want to know how he gets that feathered sideburns look?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It must be a slow news week. That Rutgers team shouldn't even gave that dude the time of day. I would have been like: "Fire that MF. That's all I'm going to say." Seriously, why waste any time on this douche?

• as john stewart said last night, 'wow. an old man said something crazy and racist."

fuck him. move along....

• Michael Ray Richards says "Jews are crafty" and gets immediately fired.

Imus talks of "nappy headed hos" and gets a suspension.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Michael Ray Richards says "Jews are crafty" and gets immediately fired.

They need to ignore Imus and go after his sponsors, take him down from the foundation.

Who fucking pays any attention to what that cadaver has to say anyway? The media whores are lending him all the credibility in the world, and he acts as though his job is somehow God-given and protected by the constitution. He would just clean up when some other network saw $$$. It is the mystery of WHY he is so highly regarded in broadcasting that fascinates me. He is terrible at what he does and completely unintelligible. I am surprised anyone could understand his racist gaffe to begin with.

The world is shaved by a drunken barber. It's the only way to explain Don Imus and Jessie Jackson on my TV at the same fucking time. Oh, that and Larry Birkhead being a household name. WTF????!!!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The world is shaved by a drunken barber.

this gem will replace my usual juvenile and oh-so-boring 'humans suck'

• Michael Ray Richards says "Jews are crafty" and gets immediately fired.

Who fucking pays any attention to what that cadaver has to say anyway?

Who pays attention to what CBA coaches say?

Apparently, in both cases, someone.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    why did people not react to bill o'dickhead calling mexicans wetbacks?

Same with Howard. I found him making fun of black people, tasteless.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    It must be a slow news week. That Rutgers team shouldn't even gave that dude the time of day. I would have been like: "Fire that MF. That's all I'm going to say." Seriously, why waste any time on this douche?

This is one of the most stomach-turning aspects of our culture--that people accept without question that it's a good and natural idea for the Rutgers team to now meet with Imus.

Why?

His statements were not those of a white person who is literally "ignorant"--who has never had any contact with any actual Black people and who only needs to meet a few in order to see the light.

They were the statements of a racist old man. He made the mistake of sharing the contents of his mindgarden with the world. That's it.

He should be condemned, anyone that continues to sponsor him or give him a platform should be condemned, and we should all move along. No second chances. None of this "healing" bullschitt. And there is certainly no reason to subject these young women to his presence.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Not to switch topics, but Obama really needs to grow some balls before he gets my vote. First, he had to wait on John Edwards' decision to skip the Fox News sponsored primary debates before he did the same, now he won't even commit to boycotting Imus' show.

"Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) called the comments "divisive, hurtful and offensive to Americans of all backgrounds," but it was unclear whether he would appear on the show again if asked."

I also love how he pointed to his sponsorship of the Imus Ranch--which is apparently some sort of a cancer hospice for kids--and the fact that about ten percent of the kids there are Black.

Well, isn't the percentage of the American population that is Black slightly higher than ten percent?

So, at best, all he's established is that his foundation might not be actively discriminating against cancer-stricken Black kids.

Thanks, Don!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The guy is an ass clown. He always has been. Him going on Sharpton's show was sad sad shit. If fact, both those guys need to go.

Anyone got an opinion on 50's "Je-Je-Je-Jew unit" comment?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    as a jew lawyer, i take it as a compliment.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I also love how he pointed to his sponsorship of the Imus Ranch--which is apparently some sort of a cancer hospice for kids--and the fact that about ten percent of the kids there are Black.

Well, isn't the percentage of the American population that is Black slightly higher than ten percent?

So, at best, all he's established is that his foundation might not be actively discriminating against cancer-stricken Black kids.

Thanks, Don!

I was just about to mention this. I can't stand when people pull that "but, I can't be racist ... look at all the wonderful work I'm doing" card. He made a racist comment because he's an old racist prick who can't hold his tongue ... period. No amount of charity done in his name will erase that.

[And, yes, the fact that his Ranch serves a disporportionally high percentage of white patients is icing on this particular cake for sure.]

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    as a jew lawyer, i take it as a compliment.

Are you part of the goon squad?

Thanks, Don!

I was just about to mention this. I can't stand when people pull that "but, I can't be racist ... look at all the wonderful work I'm doing" card. He made a racist comment because he's an old racist prick who can't hold his tongue ... period. No amount of charity done in his name will erase that.

[And, yes, the fact that his Ranch serves a disporportionally high percentage of white patients is icing on this particular cake for sure.]

I also loved how he pointed to the fact that he has spent time around some of these kids.

"I do not find Black people threatening! I swear! Why, just yesterday I was in the same room as this cancer-stricken Black kid on life support, and I was able to retain control of my bladder!"

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    None of this "healing" bullschitt. And there is certainly no reason to subject these young women to his presence.

co-sign. this is just optics and will change nothing. as if he will suddenly see the light or the insult will cut a little less after handshakes (shudder) and forced smiles.

doesn't something like this happen at least once a year? a public figure makes a racist remark, everyone condemns it verbally, but takes no real action and then it's business as usual?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Howard Stern not HAZ

This is one of the most stomach-turning aspects of our culture--that people accept without question that it's a good and natural idea for the Rutgers team to now meet with Imus.

Why?

Exactly.

These women have had their moment in the sun dimmed, not so much by his racist, nasty remark, but by a media and it's players that can't get enough of itself. The idea that reasonable adult women can't find closure without a press conference and some kind of hoky 'absolution' meeting with their 'attacker' is just as insulting as the initial remarks that prompted this circus. And I firmly believe that it is now the media driving this bus, not the actual people offended by the idiodic old fart.

And I firmly believe that it is now the media driving this bus, not the actual people offended by the idiodic old fart.

I agree completely.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Did anyone hear how on al sharptons show wheen he said to a caller "i probably sleep in the same room with more black kids that arent related to me than you ever had."

hahaha! ok. good point.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Bitch motherfucker needs to stay with HIS people...

Evidence of the media out of it's fucking mind:

actual headlines right this minute on CNN.com:

"Black women who use 'ho' say Imus can't"[/b]

"Police: ATM thief's fake leg falls off during getaway"[/b]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    as of this morning, per the early morning new shows, apparently most of the blame/double-standard can once again be placed on rap music.

rap music. corrupting the culture of america since '79.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I know words are wrong and hurtful...but here in town a few days a go, a white dude was on trial for murdering a black man, chopping him up and putting the pieces in junkyard cars and crushing the cars...he struck a plea bargin and only got 15 YEARS..only 15 fucking years for that...that is some racist sinister shit...fuck worrying about some dipshit's words, it is this kind of racism that is fucking the world up...

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    as john stewart said last night, 'wow. an old man said something crazy and racist."

fuck him. move along....

True. I admit that I am only familiar with the guy, but if he's anything like one of my elderly relatives who likes to blurt out ignorant, bizarre, graphic, off-the-wall shit just to ensure that people within earshot are aware of his presence in the room, then this guy doesn't even deserve the attention from everyone's white/black issue chest-beating.

• Just to be clear -

I think it is still okay to make fun of female basketball players,
    as long as the descriptors are about size, style or mannerisms,
    and not race, sort of like it's still okay to make fun of Eastern
    European female swim teams every time the Olympics comes around.

It is still okay to call a ho a "ho", but you better be ready for
    the repercussions anyway - from that individual and her friends
    and cohorts. If the ho really is a ho, then the nation will
    sit to the side and snicker, as opposed to condemning the name-caller.

It is not okay to call someone a "ho" who has done nothing to
    show ho-like behavior. Calling an innocent person a "ho" says
    nothing about the target, and a whole lot about the name-caller.

It is not okay for white people to ever use the phrase "nappy-headed"
    in comments to or about black people. While not as bad as THE "n" word,
    it's still derogatory and should only be used intra-racially.

• Just to be clear -

I think it is still okay to make fun of female basketball players,
    as long as the descriptors are about size, style or mannerisms,

LOL. I love me some chest passes and two-hand set shots!

It is still okay to call a ho a "ho", but you better be ready for
    the repercussions anyway - from that individual and her friends
    and cohorts. If the ho really is a ho, then the nation will
    sit to the side and snicker, as opposed to condemning the name-caller.

It is not okay to call someone a "ho" who has done nothing to
    show ho-like behavior. Calling an innocent person a "ho" says
    nothing about the target, and a whole lot about the name-caller.

Please refer to the text "You'se a Ho" by the scholar Christopher Bridges for further guidance.