IMUS=ANUS-WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    try this on for size. any other race in the world can speak out/make fun of any race they want, with impunity. no one says anything and comedians of can make dough spouting off racial stereotypes and generalizations. this ugly ass white dude says something and the nation is in an uproar and he gets fired. isn't that racism in itself? what the nation is saying that races with melanin can say whatever they want about whoever, but if you're white, you can't. has anyone considered this before?

Dude, it's tired. Yes, I think someone might have "considered it before". Take it somewhere else.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    try this on for size. any other race in the world can speak out/make fun of any race they want, with impunity. no one says anything and comedians of can make dough spouting off racial stereotypes and generalizations. this ugly ass white dude says something and the nation is in an uproar and he gets fired. isn't that racism in itself? what the nation is saying that races with melanin can say whatever they want about whoever, but if you're white, you can't. has anyone considered this before?

You need to get out more often. Micheal Ray Richardson was just recently fired from his coaching position for crossing the line. Tim Hardaway just recently fucked up as well. So what the hell are you talkin' about?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Dude, it's tired. Yes, I think someone might have "considered it before". Take it somewhere else.

It's amazing how historical context gets thrown out the window when things like this happen.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

tired indeed.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    your ride is here

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

For real - I can't believe people are still trying to advance toy arguments like this.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

You need to get out more often. Micheal Ray Richardson was just recently fired from his coaching position for crossing the line. Tim Hardaway just recently fucked up as well. So what the hell are you talkin' about?

well, i get out plenty but i don't really follow sports and related stories.
    so, i didn't know that. i stand corrected (though hardaway's comments weren't really racist). and i am certianly not saying that imus shouldn't be held accountable for his comments... racism confuses me, so i will just leave it alone going forward and take faux's advice and take it somewhere else.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    racism confuses me, so i will just leave it alone

can i say it?! can i say it?!

FONT SIZE="20">YOU SOUND WHITE/FONT>

(how do we not have a graemlin for this one yet?)

For real - I can't believe people are still trying to advance toy arguments like this.

The spirit of Guzzle lives on.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    my coworker found his comment hilarious. she didnt understand all the reasons to be upset. shes on that "who fucking cares what one ugly white dude has to say about us?" she also said this is NOT the battle black people should be upset about. she was mostly not upset about the term Nappy Headed Hos. she brought up the rap music point too. like, black folks are upset at being called Nh2 but its okay for rappers to call us bitches and hos for two decades. she said shed be pissed if he had said black bitches or hos. the NH comment just didnt offend her.

then again her girlfriend read her off on the phone while i was sitting there and WAS offended by the comment.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    At least he's being honest about what he thinks

her girlfriend read her off on the phone while i was sitting there

This sounds seriously freaky. And possibly even illegal in some states.

her girlfriend read her off on the phone while i was sitting there

This sounds seriously freaky. And possibly even illegal in some states.

But might get more people reading. Ill-literacy.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Y'all can cry waaaaamubulance all you want but what I'm about to drop is the stone cold truth.

1) Insulting and/or making fun of someone because of their race, color or creed is wrong. PERIOD. Saying it's acceptable for some people to do it, but not others, regardless of history or any other excuse you can think of is bullshit....end of story.

2) I'm not gonna post here and say I can represent or can truly understand what it's like to be a minority. But I do have one thing in common with every damn one of you, and that's that I'm a human. And as a human, if you tell me that because I have been abused or mistreated in any way, it's now my "right" to insult and/or malign those who have abused me, as if this was some way to make things "even" is straight bullshit.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    At least he's being honest about what he thinks

No, that's a good point. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous, though.

Out of curiousity, how many folks here know someone with the "It's hard being a white guy in America today" attitude?

I mean, it is hard being a white guy in America today, just not nearly as hard as being anything else but a white guy in America today.

I mean, it is hard being a white guy in America today, just not nearly as hard as being anything else but a white guy in America today.

What would it look like?

Imus?

Rockadelic?

A teenage experimental noise band?

Actually, it's already there. It's the cover of the White Album, saying "You Sound White" in white text.

TOTALLY!

Y'all can cry waaaaamubulance all you want but what I'm about to drop is the stone cold truth.

1) Insulting and/or making fun of someone because of their race, color or creed is wrong. PERIOD. Saying it's acceptable for some people to do it, but not others, regardless of history or any other excuse you can think of is bullshit....end of story.

2) I'm not gonna post here and say I can represent or can truly understand what it's like to be a minority. But I do have one thing in common with every damn one of you, and that's that I'm a human. And as a human, if you tell me that because I have been abused or mistreated in any way, it's now my "right" to insult and/or malign those who have abused me, as if this was some way to make things "even" is straight bullshit.

The great humanist has spoken.

And why did you throw "creed" in there? There's no good reason why making fun of what someone believes should be off limits. It's hardly an immutable characteristic or one that is necessarily justifiable.

I have no idea if you two are agreeing with me or clowning me.

I'm not gonna post here and say I can represent or can truly understand what it's like to be a minority.

The caucasoid is the minority.

• I have no idea if you two are agreeing with me or clowning me.

I believe that they are agreeing with you. As am I.

I grew up poor, but I was still white. Not so bad.

I have no idea if you two are agreeing with me or clowning me.

He's not agreeing with me...that would jeapordize his Hip-Hop street cred.

What I posted has nothing to do with being white....you can apply it to any racial group on earth.

And Faux knows what I posted was truth....but he did find a semantic loophole in my "creed" comment.....so let's just leave it at race so even the great beige lawyer can't dispute it.

I'm not gonna post here and say I can represent or can truly understand what it's like to be a minority.

Caucasoid? Is that like...

My personal life experiences are unfortunately limited to life in America.

Caucasoid? Is that like...

Very close.....

What would it look like?

Imus?

Rockadelic?

God help us all....

floating microwaves in the kitchen are not a good look... please change this if you are indeed a victim of this.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

My personal life experiences are unfortunately limited to life in America.

I am offended by your use of the word 'unfortunately'. Implication that being an American is 'unfortunate', which is of course ridiculous because WE RULE!

USA! USA! USA!

I just want to forget that I have had to hear about fucking Don Imus all week long! With no end in sight!