2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Fuck the Mets

HAHAHA! Direct and to the point.

The Boston globe recently posted this question for readers:

"A mere 14 days ago the Yankees stumbled into a three-game series in Boston 13 1/2 games behind the Red Sox, seemingly on the edge of a lost season. Today, the Bombers sit 7 1/2 back -- still a wide margin, make no mistake -- after winning nine straight and 11 of 13. The Red Sox, meanwhile, 5-8 so far in June.

Are you starting to get worried, Sox fans?[/b] Do you think this is the beginning of a trend or just one of the inevitable bumps in the road every good team endures?"

Here are the responses.

I think you'll enjoy it. And never let it be said that I am not a good sport.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    I knew about this already because [embarassing revelation]I read bostondirtdogs.com every day [/embarassing revelation]

Gotta be able to think like the enemy...

I knew about this already because [embarassing revelation]I read bostondirtdogs.com every day [/embarassing revelation]

Gotta be able to think like the enemy...

It's a very thin line between love and hate...

When you're ready to accept your love of the Red Sox, we'll be here to support you.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Never that, son.

There's only one Red Sox player I've ever liked...

What, no Roger Clemens? And I'm sure you've seen this, but this is some funny shit:

Roger Clemens 2057

Is that Johnny Pesky?

• Don't let this thread get burried....

13 games + old timers day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    &

= one fantastic afternoon @

one of the greatest places on earth!

A few of my favorite baseball memories are in that park. Have you ever been to:

Fenway?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    have you sat on the green monster? that just seems like a pretty cool thing to do. i probably wouldnt try to reach over to catch a ball though.

• I only venture into fenway to see my boys play, but i'm proud to say i've been about 8 times over the past few years to see the rivalry take place.

One of my non-yankee memories has gotta be seeing Ryan Sandberg play for the cubbies back in 1993... this was down in florida during the first year of the marlins.

have you sat on the green monster? that just seems like a pretty cool thing to do. i probably wouldnt try to reach over to catch a ball though.

The view is pretty good. But they really are just glorified bleacher seats. For $140 a pop.

I only venture into fenway to see my boys play, but i'm proud to say i've been about 8 times over the past few years to see the rivalry take place.

Yeah, I only venture to Yankee Stadium for Sox/Yanks, but I get there at least once a year. I think I pissed off most of my bleacher section last year, though. They were cheering Jeter for MVP, and I was arguing with them all that Mauer or Morneau from Minnesota deserved it far more than a singles hitter with great "intangibles." That did not go over well.

• I only venture into fenway to see my boys play, but i'm proud to say i've been about 8 times over the past few years to see the rivalry take place.

Yeah, I only venture to Yankee Stadium for Sox/Yanks, but I get there at least once a year. I think I pissed off most of my bleacher section last year, though. They were cheering Jeter for MVP, and I was arguing with them all that Mauer or Morneau from Minnesota deserved it far more than a singles hitter with great "intangibles." That did not go over well.

Here is a great pic i took few weekends ago, Bleacher Creatures in full effect!!

Apparently, this guy is now on the trading block:

The Sox seem to be making a bit of a run at him, but I wouldn't count the Yanks or Mets out. Who needs him most? I don't think we (Boston) do. But it would make our starting 5 unfuckwittable.

Like they're not already

• Nah at this point the yanks or boston don't need any pitching... we actually don't need anything except for the players we already got to play up to the level that everyone nows they can play at.

I'm so glad Giambi is gone, but i'd like to see someone better than cairo playing first base everyday and he can go back to being the every position on the team backup guy. Both yanks/boston have superior teams atm.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    cubs sweep white sox! hattuers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude rushed the field

I can't believe that even went public with his name...

Is it true that it is a felony to do that shit?

• cubs sweep white sox! hattuers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neither of those teams matter this year.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Fuck the Mets

I'm going to the Phillies/Mets game this Sunday, and as a Marlins fan (yeah yeah), it'll be nice to join with the intense hatred that'll be brewing in the stands.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I have not read all this thread and I don't think I can bare to try. The Astros suck ass this season and I'm about to commit sepuku over it.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    since the all-star game is in my neck of the woods this year, i wanted to see how much tix were going for just for laughs and field level is $3,500

i do kinda wanna get in on the hype somehow since it won't be the same watching the allstar game at a friends' house when it's in close proximity. so i'm considering taking the All-Star cruise on the Hornblower which will be floating around AT&T park from 4:30pm til the end of the game.

are these kind of things stupid? i've never been on any kind of cruise and i'm afraid it'll just be fannypackers and old people, but it's only $150 for open bar, buffet, big screen TV with the game and i want to be outside when the fireworks go off cause fireworks over the Bay water is seriously one of the most amazing things i've seen since i was junior high and checking out the Laser Floyd show at the planterium. Fireworks over the bay is like that last scene in Apocalyse Now minus the tragedy. plus the boat looks like it's out of that one in Fitzcarraldo

would you do that just for watching a baseball game?

• Props to this dude for joining the 500 club. Should make him a sure-fire HOFer now.

I don't think dude juiced while playing in the juice era. He was huge back from the Auburn days and he spent the bulk of the mid to late 90s injured. Dude was my favorite players back in the day.

• Midway into the season means New York Yankees Old Timers day, which i attend every year of course. It's fantastic hearing those vintage names like Don Larson, Whitey Ford & Reggie Jackson announced over the p.a. system by Bob Sheppard. Here are a few great photos from my afternoon.

yogi, mr. october, donnie baseball & the gator...

• Options
    Any Houston fans in here? Must've sucked seeing Beltran make that catch last night on that stupid hill, then knock in the winning run in the 17th.

• Vlad is absolutely right now in the home run derby!! he is hitting some crazy bombs into 500 foot realm!! outstanding showcase of his power.

• Options
    Vlad is absolutely right now in the home run derby!! he is hitting some crazy bombs into 500 foot realm!! outstanding showcase of his power.

I can't wait for this to be over, I want to watch Bronx Is Burning and see Turturro play Billy Martin.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Vlad is absolutely right now in the home run derby!! he is hitting some crazy bombs into 500 foot realm!! outstanding showcase of his power.

I can't wait for this to be over, I want to watch Bronx Is Burning and see Turturro play Billy Martin.

Overdid the ears.

• I can't wait for this to be over, I want to watch Bronx Is Burning and see Turturro play Billy Martin.

Yeah seriously!The previews looked spot on for his real personality. Suppose to be a great low budget miniseries. I was just at the old timers game as you can see above, which celebrated the victory of the 1977 yankees... I got some great pictures...

Really these guys should be allowed only so many passed balls until they start to count as outs. This is running nearly an hour over it's set scheduled time length.

• Options

Yeah seriously!The previews looked spot on for his real personality. Suppose to be a great low budget miniseries. I was just at the old timers game as you can see above, which celebrated the victory of the 1977 yankees... I got some great pictures...

Really these guys should be allowed only so many passed balls until they start to count as outs. This is running nearly an hour over it's set scheduled time length.

I'd like to see a movie about the '86 Mets next.

• I can't wait for this to be over, I want to watch Bronx Is Burning and see Turturro play Billy Martin.

That World Series & That year 86 made the Mets who they are today!! That was one serious team with 116 wins, although i'm not sure they have enough other drama to include except for the world series with boston. The game 7 really put them up as "the amazing mets"

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl.j...pe=v_free&_mp=1

• Options

That World Series & That year 86 made the Mets who they are today!! That was one serious team with 116 wins, although i'm not sure they have enough other drama to include except for the world series with boston. The game 7 really put them up as "the amazing mets"

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl.j...pe=v_free&_mp=1

Ahh maaaaan, they were a bunch of cokeheads!!! Gotta be some drama in there somewhere. I think Bob Klapisch wrote the good book on that season, I never read it though.