2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• Nice...I'm a baseball fanatic to say the least.

My man Matsuzaka pitched brilliantly today.

Let's go Red Sox

Dude looked solid today. Encouraging stuff.
    Schilling on the other hand......

Got tix to the Patriots day game. Hell yes. Drunk and in Fenway by 11:00 am.

HELL YES BATCHES!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    Nice...I'm a baseball fanatic to say the least.

Let's go Red Sox

HELL YES BATCHES!
    Great game! dice-k has some nasty pitches. Have a blast on patriots day... classic boston game right thurrr. i'm going to the friday the 13th night game... i scored some monster seats (how appropriate!). can't fuggin' wait!

• Nice...I'm a baseball fanatic to say the least.

Let's go Red Sox

HELL YES BATCHES!

Nice Has anyone made the Dice K and Shig connection? Spitting Image I say...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Nice...I'm a baseball fanatic to say the least.

Let's go Red Sox

HELL YES BATCHES!

That's one thing I miss about Boston. To me it's mandatory to start drinking in the morning and going to Fenway on Patriots Day.
    I'll be at some Boston vs. Anaheim games this season and I'll most likely head down to SD when they play there in June.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Nice Has anyone made the Dice K and Shig connection? Spitting Image I say...

• Patriots Day is the fucking best.

betwen the early game, and the marathon, it is one of my favorite days of the year. get a nice early game, and then head over to beacon street to watch the stragglers in the marathon, and have a good cry as the hoyts roll by in the wheelchair.
    gotta give it up for the regional holiday.

• wescoasiawescoasia 126 Posts
    Giants hitting/lineup lookin' pretty dismal. We'll be lucky if we finish over .500

Random sidenote (and upside on going to Giants games): AT&T Park is the first team to have a full HD Jumbotron and Control Room.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    tonites game had me scurred! armando damn near blew a 4 run lead! thank goodness the giants got the first win of the 2007 season they can proceed to knock out 158 more wins!

sf giants on a 7 game win streak!!! possibly sweeping the hated dodgers? oh hells yes!

will bonds break aarons records by the allstar break? possible but i doubt opposing managers/pitchers will pitch to him now they know he will take your ass YARD!!!

go los giantes!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    pirates

sf giants on a 7 game win streak!!! possibly sweeping the hated dodgers? oh hells yes!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Bonds is a phony.

oh hellz yes!!! los giantes the hottest team in baseball?

INDEED!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Beckett's 5-0, the Sox are in first and the Yanks dead last.

MAY IT ALWAYS BE APRIL

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Seriously.

and BEER.....................$8

Heineken at Staples Center will run you 10.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Beckett's 5-0, the Sox are in first and the Yanks dead last.

MAY IT ALWAYS BE APRIL

Right? You know the Yanks'll get hot and we'll have our annual July/August slide, but we're putting a little distance between us and them right now, and that'll only help later on.

Sox all day, all night, the next day, and continuing thusly through mid-October. And we have the best staring rotation (particularly when Lester returns) I can remember in my lifetime. In fact, I can't think of a past Sox team that was so solid 1-5. And J.D. Drew is the truth. Hot-stove hatters need to recognize that they hopped on the critical bandwagon too hard and too early.

Ah, baseball season. HALLELUJAH!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm hyped about the Tighes/Phills tickets I have for June.
    Thinking I should also cop for a second (night) game in the series.

Bonds is a phony.

"I LOOOVE THE HATT"

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    and the Yanks dead last.

what a fucking colossal waste of money

• I believe I just saw Mariano Rivera being pulled with 1 out in the ninth ... with the bases loaded.

I know its April and all, but damn.

Wow.

I honestly never thought that would happen.

I honestly never thought that would happen.

When it comes to the Sox, dude needs his own "yeah, that just happened" graemlin.

I don't know why, but we've owned him for a few years now.

So far this year: Red Sox 4, Yankees 0. Life is thweet.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
    I don't know why, but we've owned him for a few years now.

Yup.
    I hear that jagoff Micheal Kay always talk about how this kind of thing almost "never happens" to Mo, but look, this is like the third blown outing in less than two weeks.
    Something is up with that guy.

Being a Sox fan since '74 I will say this: NEVER count those Yankees out. EVER.
    And you're right on point: The more distance we can put between ourselves and them now the better.
    They WILL start winning again. And at some point the Sox will slump too.
    Believe that.

Gotta love our whole club right now though.

Being a Sox fan since '74 I will say this: NEVER count those Yankees out. EVER.
    And you're right on point: The more distance we can put between ourselves and them now the better.
    They WILL start winning again. And at some point the Sox will slump too.
    Believe that.

Gotta love our whole club right now though.

Another series win, and the Sox are 5-1 against the Evil Empire this year. We've got the best record in baseball at the moment - 6.5 games ahead of the Yanks, who are in dead last in the AL East with the third worst record in the league ahead of only KC and Washington.

I ain't gonna lie - it feels real good right now in Red Sox Nation. Virtual high-fives to all Sox Strutters: KitchenKnight, Paul Nice, SoulOnIce, and anyone I'm forgetting. With the way the Pats are shaping up, this could be an incredible year for Boston sports. Now, if only we had a basketball or hockey team...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    For those of you who think all the best athletes are in the NBA or NFL......check this...

Outfielder Joey Gathright does his thing...

what the lord giveth the lord taketh away!

giants 8 game win streak then go into arizona to get swept by the d-backs. wtf!

10 game homestand starting tonite vs the rockies. lets do this!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Fuck the Yankees. Our pitching looks incredible. BoSox fans stop crying about our mid-summer slumps. Not this year.

lets do this!

damn soulstrut dont like baseball? maybe once the nba playoffs are over, theyll come over here in hordes.

anyways, for the few giants fans here, orlando cepeda arrested for marijuana! how can popo pull over the man responsible for the cha cha bowl!?!?!?!?!?!

Cepeda arrested for drugs in traffic stop
    `Baby Bull' was rookie sensation for Giants in '58
    By Kimberly K. Fu, MediaNews
    Article Launched: 05/01/2007 09:19:54 PM PDT

Orlando Cepeda, the star rookie first baseman for the Giants in their 1958 first season in San Francisco, was arrested Tuesday in Cordelia on suspicion of drug and other violations.

Cepeda, 69, who lives in Suisun City, was booked into Solano County Jail on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana while driving, and exceeding the speed limit. Bail was set at $10,000.

Shortly before 3 p.m., the California Highway patrol was conducting LIDAR ??? also known as laser radar ??? enforcement along westbound Interstate 880 when an officer clocked a 2001 Lexus doing 83 mph between Highway 12 and Interstate 680, officials said.

"The officer smelled an odor of marijuana and conducted a probable-cause search, looking for more," Sgt. Wulf Corrington said. The CHP's canine team provided aid.

Corrington said marijuana, a syringe and a powder believed to be either cocaine or methamphetamine were seized from the vehicle. The driver, later identified as Cepeda, was not found to be under the influence of drugs.

Cepeda, now a community representative for the Giants, visits inner-city schools across the nation to warn at-risk children about the dangers of drugs and alcohol.

The Puerto Rico native
    Advertisement
    known as the "Baby Bull" won numerous honors including Rookie of the Year in 1958 and National League Most Valuable Player in 1967. He was also Comeback Player of the Year in 1966 and Designated Hitter of the Year in 1973.

He appeared in three World Series, was a six-time All-Star and hit over .300 nine times. Cepeda was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1999 and had a lifetime batting average of .297, with 379 home runs and 1,364 runs batted in.

In his 17-year career, he played with the Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Atlanta Braves, Oakland A's, Boston Red Sox and Kansas City Royals.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Fuck the Yankees. Our pitching looks incredible. BoSox fans stop crying about our mid-summer slumps. Not this year.

Yanks have a ton of injuries in the pitching staff. The mid-relievers are overtaxed. They can't get 6 innings out of anyone. Phil Hughes was pitching a no-hitter in his second MLB appearance and gets injured. It's just unlucky. Do any of you honestly believe that the Yankees aren't going to win the AL East?

Do any of you honestly believe that the Yankees aren't going to win the AL East?

Yes. I do believe that. Red Sox in first, Yankees second, Blue Jays third. Did you honestly think any Red Sox fan would agree with you?