2007 MOTHERF*CKING MLB THREAD BEYACHES!!

Comments

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    Do any of you honestly believe that the Yankees aren't going to win the AL East?

Yes. I do believe that. Red Sox in first, Yankees second, Blue Jays third. Did you honestly think any Red Sox fan would agree with you?

If there was any logic in being a Red Sox fan, there wouldn't be any Red Sox fans.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Do any of you honestly believe that the Yankees aren't going to win the AL East?

Yes. I do believe that. Red Sox in first, Yankees second, Blue Jays third. Did you honestly think any Red Sox fan would agree with you?

If there was any logic in being a Red Sox fan, there wouldn't be any Red Sox fans.

Touch??. But if sports were an exercise in logic, we could simply do the equations and forget about the games. And where's the fun in that?

• kojackkojack 42 Posts

Batches.

Touch??. But if sports were an exercise in logic, we could simply do the equations and forget about the games. And where's the fun in that?

You mean you actually watch the games?

You mean you actually watch the games?

Bill James is in Theo Epstein's pocket. Sox win the World Series in 6 games. Bet the house.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    The Red Sox beat the Orioles today in what definitely qualifies as the dumbest win I've ever seen.

Down 5-0 in the 9th with 1 out, Sam Perlazzo took out his starter, who at that point had thrown 91 pitches.

Two relievers, an error, a WALKED IN RUN, and an absurd dropped ball to score the winning run, the sox won 6-5 in what was a game they absolutely stole.

Beckett may be injured, with a deep cut on his finger, which sucks; but that game was ridiculous.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The Red Sox beat the Orioles today in what definitely qualifies as the dumbest win I've ever seen.

Down 5-0 in the 9th with 1 out, Sam Perlazzo took out his starter, who at that point had thrown 91 pitches.

Two relievers, an error, a WALKED IN RUN, and an absurd dropped ball to score the winning run, the sox won 6-5 in what was a game they absolutely stole.

Beckett may be injured, with a deep cut on his finger, which sucks; but that game was ridiculous.

• minneapminneap 541 Posts

Batches.

• We're not looking so good right now...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Batches.

Real Headz know they're in 4th place, have lost 4 in a row, and are losing 2-0 tonight in the bottom of the 1st!!!

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    real headz gotta hold em down anyway.

oh, and as of 7:30C, twins lead 4-2.

Dude, Dice K was dealin' like Young Jeezy out there tonight.

Complete Game, gave up 1 run, which was 1 more walk than he gave up all night.

Hellfuckingyes.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    that a's game was crazy. 2 homers in the bottom of the 9th with two outs to win it.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    my sf giants are kinda dealin! that starting staff is almost as good as the red sox!

tim lincecum is nice with his!

whats up with josh beckett constantly having blisters on his fingers?

my sf giants are kinda dealin! that starting staff is almost as good as the red sox!

tim lincecum is nice with his!

whats up with josh beckett constantly having blisters on his fingers?

apparently beckett's issue is he has exzema on his hands, which makes his skin more likely to blister, break, etc.

Though, i think the more important issue is why Curt 'fat' Schilling can't pitch of late. Stay tuned on that one...

And, yeah dude, Tim Lincecum looks pretty real thus far...y'all best to keep him up in big leagues. Our teams gonna square off in a few weekends. Should be good.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    yo foreal i dont really care too much about MLB in general, but i do follow the phillies. the shit is crazy frustrating. weve lost so many close games this year, left a million people on base and have no one clicking at the same time.

i always hold out hopes that theyll get it together, but right now...unfulfilled potential. fuckin garbage ass bums

(except cole hammels)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Curt 'fat' Schilling

Wait - he didn't retire?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hilarious:
    web page

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow tha tshit was dope!!!!

imagine getting hit by a nolan ryan fastball!!!id be in a fuckn stretcher (that dude had the weakest mound attack game)

illest shit was definitely taking out the catcher first. that was some street fighter shit

basebrawls rule

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i dont know how many of you all saw the giants/mets game but seriously, 2 balks???? 2 freaking balks in the same inning?!?!?!?!?!?

anybody want armando benitez? freaking hell!

The Red Sox are now 14 1/2 games up on the Yankees.

That is all.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    yo foreal i dont really care too much about MLB in general, but i do follow the phillies. the shit is crazy frustrating. weve lost so many close games this year, left a million people on base and have no one clicking at the same time.

i always hold out hopes that theyll get it together, but right now...unfulfilled potential. fuckin garbage ass bums

(except cole hammels)

I started really following (read: watching most of the games via mlb.tv and whatnot as opposed to just checking box scores/standings once in awhile) the Marlins this year. I think it's a combination of moving to Philly and feeding off the antagonism, and getting my sports spectator fix 'til NFL starts up again.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I can't believe that Petite had home stolen on him last night. Indicative of the way this year is going for the Yankees.

i dont know how many of you all saw the giants/mets game but seriously, 2 balks???? 2 freaking balks in the same inning?!?!?!?!?!?

I was at the game (5 rows behind homeplate. ballin!!!!) and as soon as we saw Armando Benitez walk in from the bullpen in the 12th we knew the Mets would win. Honestly, the first I thing I thought to myself when I saw him was, "Oh, I guess the Mets are gonna win this one." Pretty much every one around me said the same thing. Dude melts down against the Mets, as evidenced by his other blown save against the Mets earlier in the season.

Do any of you honestly believe that the Yankees aren't going to win the AL East?[/b]

b/w I'm going to see Matsuzaka pitch tonight. To offer a variation on SoulOnIce's statement from earlier this year, MAY IT ALWAYS BE MAY!!

• Options

I was at the game (5 rows behind homeplate. ballin!!!!) and as soon as we saw Armando Benitez walk in from the bullpen in the 12th we knew the Mets would win. Honestly, the first I thing I thought to myself when I saw him was, "Oh, I guess the Mets are gonna win this one." Pretty much every one around me said the same thing. Dude melts down against the Mets, as evidenced by his other blown save against the Mets earlier in the season.

I saw it. They were saying that the one ump at first base calls the most balks in the league, and he called one on Joe Smith the inning before. Funny thing was that the one that scored Reyes wasn't called by the usual guy, and was way more noticable than the earlier one by Benitez. I also thought the Mets would win it when Benitez came in, and the announcers kind of confirmed it when they said he "has a history of melting down in this ballpark".

I had the tickets for tonight (6 rows behind SF dugout, right next to Seinfeld) but had to give them up. They've lost every game I've been to this year so far, I'm 0-3 and have 4 more left. Last year I was 1-8 including 2 playoff losses.

Do any of you honestly believe that the Yankees aren't going to win the AL East?[/b]

b/w I'm going to see Matsuzaka pitch tonight. To offer a variation on SoulOnIce's statement from earlier this year, MAY IT ALWAYS BE MAY!!

Boston has lost 4 games in a row. Tell me you're not starting to sweat just a little...

Boston has lost 4 games in a row. Tell me you're not starting to sweat just a little...

Perhaps a touch, but it's pretty warm out there today b/w if only Wang could pitch every game for the rest of the season, you might have a chance!

b/w I'm going to see Matsuzaka pitch tonight.

Speaking of pitching, how did this game turn out?