Axis: Bold As Love > Are You Experienced
    Ride the Lightning > Kill 'Em All
    Rock For Light > ROIR
    Metal Box > Public Image
    Fun House > The Stooges

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Hell Hath No Fury >>>> Lord Willin

Though I know I'm in the minority

You really think so? Most people are on that Hell Hath shit like glue but haven't heard anything but "Grindin'" from Lord Willin'.

Who is 'most people'????? There was like 3-4 hits off the first album.

Well, two hits, at least. And lots of great tracks. That album probably sold about 10x as much as the current one, which had zero hits. And it comes up regularly when people discuss the best rap albums of recent years.

What's different this time around is that they managed to attract the attention of people who view themselves as music snobs yet don't ordinarily listen to rap, an unfortunately vocal group.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

You really think so? Most people are on that Hell Hath shit like glue but haven't heard anything but "Grindin'" from Lord Willin'.

Well, two hits, at least. And lots of great tracks. That album probably sold about 10x as much as the current one, which had zero hits. And it comes up regularly when people discuss the best rap albums of recent years.

What's different this time around is that they managed to attract the attention of people who view themselves as music snobs yet don't ordinarily listen to rap, an unfortunately vocal group.

Are these the same people who think Fishscale >> Supreme Clientele???

Or More Fish >>> Supreme Clientele

Something tells me we're due for some foolishness from my favorite so-cal law school chad.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

the pharcyde

BOLD call...can't say I agree.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Supreme Clientele >>>>> Ironman

COSINE. ^^^^^ Dude is on point with his posts.

Or More Fish >>> Supreme Clientele

Something tells me we're due for some foolishness from my favorite so-cal law school chad.

didn't you go to law school?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

You're hanging around the wrong crowd......

it is a pet peeve of mine when people say that, as i think i got more play out of "when the last time" than i did "grindin"

oh and my pick if no one has said it:

free your mind and your ass will follow>>>>>>>>>>>funkadelic s/t

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Wait wait, you mean, CARPET BAGGERS? Haha.

That's what I'm getting at, there's people everywhere trying to tell me about the Clipse in 2007 as if they didn't have a previous album with hit singles. I can't help how other people are, it's just what I see/hear. I think Lord Willin' is dope. I think Hell Hath No Fury was better as an album though.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Sylvers II

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Sylvers II

yup.

and

Black Bastards

I've been meaning to play that Black Bastards album. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do right now.

Don't know if anyone mentioned these but IMO...

Mecca and the soul brother

I've been meaning to play that Black Bastards album. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do right now.

easily one of my favoritest hiphop LPs. all killer no filler

easily one of my favoritest hiphop LPs. all killer no filler
    Hey Tony, didn't KMD release an EP around the same time as Black Bastards was supposed to come out?

not that i ever heard. a little while later there was a fondle em ruffs n raers ep, but that was just other edits of black bastards stuff with maybe an extra song or two or an instro. if anyone knows of one, i sure as hell want to hear it.

not that i ever heard. a little while later there was a fondle em ruffs n raers ep, but that was just other edits of black bastards stuff with maybe an extra song or two or an instro. if anyone knows of one, i sure as hell want to hear it.
    No, I was thinking of the Fondle Em' jawn and wishing KMD released something else around the same time as Black Bastards.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The ultimate case of the second album sonning the first:

Loveless

actually, "Loveless" is the 3rd album(4th if you count "Strawberry Wine" which is more of an ep), their first is "This is your Bloody Valentine", which is a cramps-esque echoey gothabilly album and it is terrible.

Alice cooper - easy action

EP to LP....does that qualify? I agree though.
    Yeah, I thought that was unfair after I posted it.
    Someone did post up the first 2 Beatnuts albums though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Not that I disagree with the overall assessment of the two LPs, but yall are acting like Mr. Hood is a bad record or something

Not that I disagree with the overall assessment of the two LPs, but yall are acting like Mr. Hood is a bad record or something

never that. mr hood is one of favorites. but black bastards is in a class of its own as hip hop LPs go.

Personally, I like Mr. Hood better... or at least it's the one I always reach for.

I have to admit to barely having listened to Black Bastards. Probably because when I got Mr. Hood it was a pretty current record, whereas by the time I finally heard Black Bastards it was this artifact of a bygone era, and it just didn't connect in the same way.

See I think BB was ahead... it was very rugged and dark and almost sloppy in a way... "messed/fucked up" to use record dealer terminology... indeed, in a class by itself.

See I think BB was ahead... it was very rugged and dark and almost sloppy in a way... "messed/fucked up" to use record dealer terminology... indeed, in a class by itself.

I should probably pull it out sometime...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Haaaaha.

Yeah man... Zev sounded rough on that record. Mr. Hood had that happy 3 ft high and rising kinda sound. Black Bastards sounds real street, comparetively.

cause his sidewalk had more shells than bubblegum up on it

rillz,get BB on the turntable and wipe the sleep crust out your eyes. probably my favorite hiphop fulllength

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I hate ween. I just wanted to put that out there.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    The ultimate case of the second album sonning the first:

Loveless

i actually like "Isn't Anything" more!

can't believe no one's said:

edit: nehmind someone did say Funhouse...good call.